NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

sportrocgirl55
meh
Posts: 6

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#76 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi,
I was trying to watch the Buffy the Vampire episodes and it seems most of them are without audio. This seems to be the only show. Others have audio and are coming in just fine. Is there something that needs to be done or is IceFilms rebooting some things?
Thanks
Sport


JazzJit
Average User
Posts: 76

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#77 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:19 pm

sportrocgirl55 wrote:Hi,
I was trying to watch the Buffy the Vampire episodes and it seems most of them are without audio. This seems to be the only show. Others have audio and are coming in just fine. Is there something that needs to be done or is IceFilms rebooting some things?
Thanks
Sport

Did you try letting a video buffer completely and opening it in VLC Media Player? That usually works for me when I find vids on here that have no sound.


sportrocgirl55
meh
Posts: 6

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#78 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:01 pm

JazzJit wrote:
sportrocgirl55 wrote:Hi,
I was trying to watch the Buffy the Vampire episodes and it seems most of them are without audio. This seems to be the only show. Others have audio and are coming in just fine. Is there something that needs to be done or is IceFilms rebooting some things?
Thanks
Sport

Did you try letting a video buffer completely and opening it in VLC Media Player? That usually works for me when I find vids on here that have no sound.



I have no idea what you just said, lol...what is a video buffer...I can't download VCL, I get a message from Norton that it can harm my computer...but now it is not just Buffy, it is Army Wives and other shows as well...

User avatar

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted
Posts: 4509

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#79 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 am

@sportrocgirl55

You need to install the ac3 filter. Get it here. (Windows)

As long as the copy of vlc you're trying to install came from videolan.org here's a download link, Norton is giving you a false positive. You should shut it off when it does that. Your computer belongs to you - not norton (don't forget to turn it back on though). Vlc is highly reputable.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob


sportrocgirl55
meh
Posts: 6

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#80 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Nevermore669 wrote:@sportrocgirl55

You need to install the ac3 filter. Get it here. (Windows)

As long as the copy of vlc you're trying to install came from videolan.org here's a download link, Norton is giving you a false positive. You should shut it off when it does that. Your computer belongs to you - not norton (don't forget to turn it back on though). Vlc is highly
reputable.


how do I get the show audio to play in the VCL?

User avatar

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted
Posts: 4509

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#81 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi,

You select to download, then use the vlc player to play as it's downloading (or you can stream by copying the url). There's a tutorial here.

However, except for the rare video, with the ac3 filter installed you shouldn't have any troubles with audio using the divx webplayer (playing videos the usual way). In any case, it's good to have vlc around if you need it from time to time.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob


Annagyijjk
no0b
Posts: 3

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#82 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:15 pm

I do not trust the abemore recommendations, so I wonder how the site has a bad reputation .... was 11 malware flaggers
Last edited by Nevermore669 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Detached spam Sig


iliketurtles
no0b
Posts: 2

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#83 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:10 pm

I am having problem with the sound lately everything from movies to tv shows has very very low volume no matter how high I turn my tv up. Any suggestions?


hayze2
no0b
Posts: 4

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#84 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:31 am

I use a mac and I don't understand why with some movies i hear the sound all the way through and with others I don't hear nothing. I see the image but no sound at all. I don't know what else to do I intalled the things it tells me to install incase I didn't have sound, but it still doesn't work. What can I do?


notsogray
no0b
Posts: 4

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#85 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:36 am

If you have any issues with files, or don't trust codec packs in general, there are a few fixes you can use that should solve your problem without much work.

1. Download VLC Media Player as directed. I highly recommend this option. It's open source, free and used by almost every videophile I know.

2. If for some reason you don't want to use VLC, there is another option. It is called Media Player Classic Homecinema. I can't think of any reason for not using VLC other than problems, which I've rarely seen or heard of, but you could try MPC-HC.

I am not endorsing MPC-HC as reliable or safe, you should research the program yourself, it is no where near as popular as VLC, nor will it work on as many platforms as VLC. There are other options for video playback than just these two, I find it's always best to do the research myself before downloading a program or making a choice between competitive products.

Last but not least, if you have issues with a specific video, you can always try and found out which codec(s) the file uses and make sure you have compatible software. This is an advanced option, if you don't know how to do this, simply press Ctrl-J in VLC or Shift-F10 in MPC-HC.


DaTwo
meh
Posts: 7

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#86 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:11 am

I found that ht best all round codec packs were

Windows: K-Lite Codec Pack

Mac: 3ivx

or using the VLC player

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest