NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

thedatabug
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Sound/Audio codec pack download (AVI Codec Pack +)

Post#31 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:27 am

Just a suggestion but you could just use a media player that requires no codecs like for example KMPlayer or my personal favourite GomPlayer.

KMPlayer is probably more capable. I have never had any issues with either player and they even work on my wifes really crappy underpowered PC where Windows Media Player is too CPU hoggy to play anything.

No codec pack no problems.

In addition to those players I just use FFDshow for the few times that I need a codec to play anything else.
I want to be a Goth so I can hang out with girls in corsets

blueboomerang
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#32 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:20 pm

For what it's worth, I have had continued problems trying to download/watch videos using IE and the Windows media player. I have abandoned those completely. I always use firefox, and have installed the VLC player from cnet.com http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-Play ... ?tag=mncol

I can play almost anything with VLC, and it has some handy tools. I have made it my default media player.

LordHoban
Nipple Pincher

Post#33 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:03 pm

I've been using VLC ever since I first heard about it (at the time, having problems with codecs and compatability). It works great everywhere, even on PCs where I don't have administrative rights (which means I can't install dvd playing software or codexes or anything that requires entries in the registry, etc).

I hope the virus thing gets fixed, because I certainly won't touch the codec pack that's registering viruses from my scanners and the link provided in this thread did so.

blueboomerang
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#34 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:17 am

XviDplg.dll--

http://www.geekpolice.net/file-database ... t11662.htm

I remember my malware program spotting this last summer. I wondered what it was from...

acinath
no0b

Post#35 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 am

The link is invalid, any other safe ways to get audio to work? TBH not one of the links posted worked..... shady indeed.

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#36 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:42 am

acinath wrote:..... shady indeed.

Elaborate.
Honesty is praised, and starves.

~ Juvenal

Brick Top
Average User

Post#37 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:46 am

abemore wrote:
christonacrutch wrote:Origin of (AVI Codec Pack +) download: http://www.avicodecpack.com/index.php?page=d1

Virus Total Single Scan Result details:
File AVICodecPackPlus21.exe received on 2009.09.11 16:58:29 (UTC)
Positive Scan Result: 11/41 (26.83%)

Scan Detail:
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/f16a2a4a33f5bf520c2054e343616f2121f4d408794a50ac444ab32805fbeb1c-1252688309

are u just trying to scare everyone or do you have any real proof?

according to your results: 73% of antivirus programs say the AVI Codec Pack is perfectly safe.

And any programs that have claimed it isn't safe haven't specified how. They just say something vague like "Contains characteristics of an identified security risk" or "Malicious Software". It's nonsense. And it's a false positive. If it was real, more antivirus progs would detect it and they would actually care about what malicious thing this file supposedly does. Do viruses often allow u to uninstall them? I don't know what this XviDplg.dll IE browser helper object does. Do you? Does anyone? If you're concerned, you can use a different browser or disable the helper object in IE. Nothing about this sounds dangerous or shady. It all just sounds like a false positive.

This is absolutely the best codec pack I've come across. It's small and simple and error free.

In my case I just attempted to download the codec pack and my anti-virus software stopped me. This is what showed up on my screen. It was enough for me to not attempt to go any farther.

Website blocked by Trend Micro Internet Security

This Web page has been identified as Dangerous.

What you can do:
> For your own safety, please close this web browser window now and never return to this website.

> If you still want to see this blocked page:
1. Launch Trend Micro Internet Security console.
2. Click Internet & Email Controls.
3. Click the Settings... link under Protection Against Web Threats.
4. Click the Approved websites link in the next window that opens.
5. Copy and paste the address of the blocked website into the list.
"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me."

Evilsilver
Overachiever

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#38 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:08 am

i want to reassure everyone that it is safe, i have it installed on my computer and nothing out of the ordinary has happened since installing it.... there are such things as false positives that every virus tool will come accross and this seems like one of them...

The things that go bump in the night are nothing compared to the things that walk the streets in the middle of the day.

bloodsport
meh

Post#39 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi, I actually tried the ac3 version but coult not get sound on for example the movie "This is it".

Could you please confirm?

Cheers

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#40 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:06 pm

As many have already stated - AVI Codec Pack+ poses no threat risk whatsoever.

Period.
Honesty is praised, and starves.

~ Juvenal

passat
meh

Post#41 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:21 am

Hello everyone, first off would like to say Great site.

I'm having issues with sound for many movies. For example the most recent one " IT'S COMPLICATED "
I read all the tread about codecs. I've installed everyone, one at the time, and uninstalled to make sure their was no conflict. Still no luck. All I get is a buzzing sound.

If someone can try to stream this movie and has luck with it. Can you tell me what codecs you have installed. I think this would fix all my problems.
I'm sreaming movies on Firefox with XP, if this has anything to with it

Thank You in advance for your help

Yousafzai
Average User

Post#42 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:45 pm

I am having the same problem, I don't have sound for the movies 'Its Complicated' and 'The Lovely Bones' even though I have never had this problem before. For example I just started watching 'Time Traveller's wife' and there everything works fine.

Can someone please advise if its something to do at my end or with MU ? and what do I need to do if the error is on my side ? sorry for asking again if this has been replied earlier but I am helpless with all these codec and script things, no idea what do they mean.

Thanks for your help in advance

bmwbru2
Average User

Post#43 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:43 am

I've been using this site problem-free for quite some time now. Today is the first time I have had this happen. I select the Show/movie, click the source (Always MU), And select "try proxies". The Divx player connects and buffers, then as soon as the content starts playing, there is a loud tone/beep and then silence. I have the codec pack and I installed the AC3 filter seperatly. My PC does play audio from other Divx file sharing sites, So I gathered that it is a problem with the links. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any help would be appreciated.

Optimo02
meh

Post#44 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm not quite sure of the Codex packs you guys are using, but I've been using CCCP for a long time now and it works perfectly for every type of movie. In addition to that I have VLC's codex's and I have the basic free Microsoft video codex pack. I of course checked to make sure that none of the codex packs overlapped.

Ive been using these for about a year now, and no problems whatsoever.

Here's the link to CCCP: http://www.cccp-project.net/

WOT has it as a green circle, AVG has it as a green DL, and Symantec didn't flag it when I scanned. So as far as I can see it's a virus-free pack.

But when installing multiple packs, make sure that they don't try to install a duplicate codec, because that can cause a lot of problems.

thedatabug
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#45 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:55 am

But when installing multiple packs, make sure that they don't try to install a duplicate codec, because that can cause a lot of problems.

It is always a bad Idea to install multiple packs. In fact many experts will say its a bad Idea to install any Codec pack. Not sure what you mean by Microsoft codec pack. I searched and found only a codec installation package for IT Professionals on the microsoft page. It contains a mp4 codec. FFDshow which is the main active ingredient in CCCP codec pack IS a mp4 filter. So those will overlap. That doesn't necessarily mean they will cause conflicts but this is how it happens.

Most of the codec packs are essentially made up of some version of FFDshow with a handful of extras like splitters and whatever. Most of the extra ingredients you are unlikley or will rarely need. The codec pack that ice Films recommend, from what I gather, use the actual divx codecs.

I dont stream so therefore do not have to worry about codecs etc while streaming. I use players that have codecs built in such as GOM Player, KM Player and VLC. Between these three players I need no further codecs. But just in case I want to play a file in Media Player Classic I have FFDshow which as stated before is the main ingredient in most of the codec packs. I've never actually needed it but Im a completist. I have tried numerous codec packs including KLite, CCCP and a few other and have always run into some kind of problem. My current setup has me playing virtually every type of media file there is and I have no conflicts.

You mention that you use such a player with built in codecs. You therefore have no need for a codec pack let alone multiple codec packs.

Extra note: FFDshow is a Filter whereas Divx, Xvid etc are codecs. The difference is a filter contains only elements to decode a media file. Whereas Codecs contain elements to enable encoding as well. Often you will run into more problems with Codecs than with just Filters. Thats why many of the codec packs are made up of FFDshow as its a filter and will not conflict with codecs that may be installed with authoring software. (This is where many of the problems come from you might be surprised what codecs get installed with other software).
I want to be a Goth so I can hang out with girls in corsets

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”