NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

sportrocgirl55
meh

Re: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!

Post#61 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:13 am

Hi,
I have already made this post but it has been taken down. I haven't gotten an answer. I am trying to watch True Blood but it has no audio. It is only True Blood that has no audio. I have Microsoft Windows 7 using Chrome. I have downloaded ICQ like requested. I have done all the things in this thread suggested. Nothing else that I watch whether they are TV or movies is without the audio. Please let me know what to do. I would greatly appreciate it. Oh, and please consider that I am not an IT person, consider me computer illiterate.

bmwbru2
Average User

Post#62 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:03 am

Elektromutant, i was recently watching those episodes and also had no audio. it wasnt just that season but a few others as well. it seemed the only ones with working audio were the ones posted most recently by "Method". i let the video download all the way, then right-click on the screen and save the file to your comp. make sure the file name ends with ".avi" and when played through windows media player it should work fine. best of luck.

bobrollins
meh

Post#63 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:29 am

malickie wrote:Seriously any of you having issues with AV I am assuming are using Nortin and McAfee both of which are very notorious for having really cruddy results of what is an actual virus and what is not. Anyway AVG which I recommend to any of my customers has yet to say this is a virus or any sort of virus. I have been a computer tech for 15 years.

Agreed on Norton(Symantec) and McAfee(Now owned by Intel, maybe it will improve).....
However AVG and its "false positives" having fits with perfectly legitimate files like game .exe's (and I mean major games like FEAR), are the reason I dropped it after about 2-3 months. It also had fits with Project Torque, repeatedly crashing when the game was running.

I went from using paid AV programs like Trend Micro, Bit Defender, NOD32 and Kaspersky(in that order) to AVG Free, then quickly to Avast! Free which I am still using 4 years(or so) later. I left Kaspersky with 8 months left on my subscription.

Every one I have used is prone to false positives. But for a free A/V Avast! has been one of the best I've used, even compared to the paid ones. It's what I recommend and install when doing builds or reinstalling Windows for Friends/Family. The recent changes to Avast 5 have made the free registration even easier and more convenient.

On topic: I have AC3 filter installed and only occasionally have videos that have no sound or super slowed down sound(The Sorcerer's Apprentice for example) I just let them fully buffer then watch in VLC.

And I get my downloads of VLC from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ The actual site, from one of the mirrors listed.

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#64 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:12 am

Good point bob. VLC just works. No AC3filter needed.

But for other video players:
No sound, slow sound, and hanging sound and pausing video are all symptoms of the AC3filter not present or not working properly. You might try a different version of the AC3filter. Two versions are linked here in Step 1: viewtopic.php?p=41447#p41447
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

SketchedLilly
no0b

Post#65 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:59 am

I don't watch these movies on the player...I don't even have the player downloaded on my computer because it tends to cause problems. I transfer the files with my PSP to my PS4 and watch them on my giant television. What do I do when the audio wont work there? It doesn't happen overly often, but it's annoying when it does and it tends to be that if I have no audio with a certain movie from one source, every other source of that movie produces the same issue.

Is there any hope for me?

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#66 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:27 pm

SketchedLilly wrote: I transfer the files with my PSP to my PS4

umm... what is a PS4?

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#67 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:37 pm

It sounds like the PS3 doesn't support AC3 audio. if google cant help you then idk.

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

SketchedLilly
no0b

Post#68 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:53 pm

macxtc wrote:
SketchedLilly wrote: I transfer the files with my PSP to my PS4

umm... what is a PS4?

It's a PS3 when I'm not paying attention to my typing and hit the wrong key. Sorry.

It could have been worse. At least I got the S instead of the A in PSP.

DaimonTheFallen
no0b

Post#69 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Hey,

1) So I am running Chrome on a Mac. The video plays, but there is no audio. I installed Perian, but still nothing.

2) Also, for some reason a white 'window'/block appears right in the middle of my computer screen and obstructs the video. This happens a few seconds after the video starts playing. The only way to get rid of it is to close the browser altogether.

I have no idea how to fix either of these two problems.

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#70 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 pm

there's a fix for the white block/box somewhere on this forum.

and for audio, idk. Honestly, I'd just go with VLC if I were you.

sweetbrie
meh

Post#71 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:02 pm

I get sound with TV shows but not with the last 2 movies I have tried opening. If I still let it load and then save it and open it in VLC player will it work? Guess I'll try.

Towelee
Average User

Post#72 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:46 pm

works great
like mr.Towelee always says dont forget to bring a towel

owney69
Average User

Post#73 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:32 pm

I have used icefilms for 8 months now with no problems until the last couple of weeks. I have Vista and have downloaded the ac 1.63 filter. Just today for example I downloaded Paranormal Activity 2 with no problem.
I also tried to download I Spit on your Grave and Chain Letter with no audio. I downloaded the VLC program and still no audio. This has just started in the last few weeks. This is just an example. It's been about 50/50
on TV shows and movies. I don't know what to try next. Should I have deleted the AC filter before trying the VLC or can they work together? Don't understand whats going on. I really love this site and use it alot but lately it's driving me crazy.

beach_gurl8745
no0b

Post#74 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:06 am

I have a similar issue. I have been having trouble getting audio on new movies for two part sources... I downloaded AC3 Filter but nothing. I first hear a loud CLICK noise and then the whole movie goes silent. I have been using icefilms for long time... I have no trouble with any of the TV shows or single part movies. For example, for the new movie Unstoppable, I get audio for the single file SD DVD Rip but not the two part R5... does it have to do with any of my AC3 settings? Please help!! It's much appreciated!

lifeworld1977
no0b

Post#75 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:30 am

Hi! I downloaded the codecs pack so that I'd have audio power for episodes of House. It worked, but there is an annoying buzz, a scratching-popping sound, that distorts the purity of Dr. House's pronouncements on life and stuff. Did I download maybe the wrong thing? What the guff is the problem?

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”