The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Thread"

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#346 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Mohegan wrote:But while I'm here. I download everything now because I haven't been able to stream for awhile. I get the ICE player with both VLC or DIVX but when I click to play, it downloads a 1KB file for 2secs and that's it. ? any help.

Uninstall IQS. Run a registry cleaner. Reinstall the script.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Justice
no0b

Post#347 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 am

Attention, Google Chrome users.
In a recent update in Chrome canary and dev channels, Google Chrome can't install userscripts from sources outside the Google Play Store. If you try to click on "Install" on a userscript.org page, you'll get the warning "Extensions, apps and user scripts cannot be installed from this web site", and nothing happens.

According to this post in a Chromium issue discussione:
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail.. .

"This change was made to protect users. Off-store extensions have become a popular attack vector for compromising users of larger sites (e.g. Facebook). Since the trend is only getting worse, we're putting the power back in the user's hands by allowing them to control where extensions are installed from. By default, the Chrome Webstore is the only source, but users and administrators will be able to add other safe sources as they see fit."

This is some odd decision that tries to secure the noob but actually annoys the experienced. There *is* a workaround, though:
1. download the userscript you want to install;
2. open the url chrome://chrome/extensions/ ;
3. drag the userscript .user.js file and drop it to the page above.

At the present time, there's no way to revert to the old behaviour, not a flag in the chrome://flags page, not even a command line option. I hope this won't land on the stable channel before some changes, like a flag "Enable installing extensions, apps and user scripts from unknown sources" (Android style) or even better a management of a secure web site list in the settings page.

hopefully this helps some people out

fewolfhunter
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#348 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Justice, your post contains good and useful info I believe and you should have made a new entry in the Help / Technical Issues / Mainsite Issues / Report Bad Links section. Maybe a forum mod will move it.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#349 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:41 am

There have been several posts suggesting drag and drop. None were descriptive of the reasoning why it works or the facts as to the changes.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Justice
no0b

Post#350 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:29 am

fewolfhunter wrote:Justice, your post contains good and useful info I believe and you should have made a new entry in the Help / Technical Issues / Mainsite Issues / Report Bad Links section. Maybe a forum mod will move it.

Thanks ill try and do that now

spinaltap
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#351 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:30 pm

OK AM HAVING PROBLEMS now, i go to like click on a movie i want it takes me to the sources i tryed clicking on the sources and nothing happens

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#352 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 pm

It is being looked in to. Refer to this thread http://forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=80809

Eldoron
no0b

Post#353 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi! I'm new to using this forum, and I'm not really sure where I'm supposed to go to ask this question. I apologie in advance if it upsets anyone that it is posted here (if this is not the correct place). I am using my girlfriend's laptop and trying to install IQS, but for some reason I just keep getting an error message. She does not have any firewalls or the like that would prevent such a thing. She runs a Gateway, and I'm really not sure how old it is or what the specs are. We do ue IE! My question is: does anyone have a link or any info on how I can get IQS installed so that I can download? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eldoron

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#354 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Eldoron wrote:Hi! I'm new to using this forum, and I'm not really sure where I'm supposed to go to ask this question. I apologie in advance if it upsets anyone that it is posted here (if this is not the correct place). I am using my girlfriend's laptop and trying to install IQS, but for some reason I just keep getting an error message. She does not have any firewalls or the like that would prevent such a thing. She runs a Gateway, and I'm really not sure how old it is or what the specs are. We do ue IE! My question is: does anyone have a link or any info on how I can get IQS installed so that I can download? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eldoron

You should start by taking this to the help/tech section.

turing50
no0b

Post#355 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:41 pm

really disappointed in icefilms and the "new" links....slow, buffering, like it was when this streaming thing first began. i've tried coming back to ICE but as time goes on, it becomes less and less reliable for a good viewing experience. to bad, use to be THE BEST....now approaching THE WORST..................

leftie
no0b

Post#356 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi there!
All the hosts that I've tried thus far have been great except for one. I've consistently had really slow speeds with Sharebees on all the episodes of Homeland and Doctor Who that I've tried (about 10). I'm on a Mac using Chrome. My connection speed is quite fast (no problems with other hosts I've tried).

Just thought I'd let you know!

vader79
no0b

Post#357 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:45 pm

hi i am having trouble watching or downloading from ice because firefox keeps resetting every 5 to 10 minutes i need this fixing asap i even tried getting earlier one it kept doing it and i cant get trixie for internet explorere

un4gettable47
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#358 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:22 pm

vader79 wrote:hi i am having trouble watching or downloading from ice because firefox keeps resetting every 5 to 10 minutes i need this fixing asap i even tried getting earlier one it kept doing it and i cant get trixie for internet explorere

google chrome

Shelly
no0b

Post#359 » Sun May 26, 2013 3:59 pm

I cannot get anything but billionuploads to work on VLC. Most videos I want to see are from movreel. This site does not offer the option to download on the second link.

Code: Select all

http://movreel.com/59wtoc4etkhp
. As I click on freedownload which takes me to the second link that I posted above. Are there any suggestions? I would love to watch more videos on here. I have PC, Firefox, Windows 7. Thank you :) :)
Last edited by Repdaddy on Sun May 26, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ALWAYS code direct links. ALWAYS!

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#360 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:03 pm

This thread is basically to let out steam over issues that are basically done. You will get little or no help here. Try posting in the proper sub-forum in the new help/tech section.

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”