The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Thread"

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

krawzik
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#286 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:48 am

Omen misspelled his name.. Should be

Tnx 4d Kantaris-tip!

Arcatuthus
no0b

Post#287 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:59 am

Hi I have sound with VLC but no video The orange cone is in the middle of the window and the sound is playing. Have tried chang to directx output and everything else i can think of any help would be appreciated

GamesFan88
Average User

Post#288 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:30 pm

When I click one of the links on IceFilms to open a show.. the new tab opens and its blank. There's absolutely NOTHING loading on the pages.
http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=144002&

I've tried 2Shared, Rapid, VidHog, etc!

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#289 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:36 pm

try restarting your browser
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#290 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:54 pm

GamesFan88 wrote:When I click one of the links on IceFilms to open a show.. the new tab opens and its blank. There's absolutely NOTHING loading on the pages.
http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=144002&

I've tried 2Shared, Rapid, VidHog, etc!

Clear your browser history/cookies and try again.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#291 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Arcatuthus wrote:Hi I have sound with VLC but no video The orange cone is in the middle of the window and the sound is playing. Have tried chang to directx output and everything else i can think of any help would be appreciated

Is this inside a browser window?

If it is, go to your addons and disable the vlc plugin.

tycars
meh

Post#292 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:12 pm

I am so disappointed in ICEFILMS. It USED to be a really great site. Now it is pure garbage. At first I thought it was my lousy 3.0 mbps internet, but now that I have 30 mbps, it's the same old shit. The VLC player is HORRIBLE. It stops and freezes no matter my speed. One of the BEST features about watching the videos is now gone (the buffer thingy in the right corner). I literally spend 30 minutes looking for a proper link to stream from. Please go back to the way things were.

TheCarolinian
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#293 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:25 pm

tycars wrote:I am so disappointed in ICEFILMS. It USED to be a really great site. Now it is pure garbage. At first I thought it was my lousy 3.0 mbps internet, but now that I have 30 mbps, it's the same old shit. The VLC player is HORRIBLE. It stops and freezes no matter my speed. One of the BEST features about watching the videos is now gone (the buffer thingy in the right corner). I literally spend 30 minutes looking for a proper link to stream from. Please go back to the way things were.

How about a nice cup of shut the fuck up...

tycars
meh

Post#294 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:32 pm

TheCarolinian wrote:
tycars wrote:I am so disappointed in ICEFILMS. It USED to be a really great site. Now it is pure garbage. At first I thought it was my lousy 3.0 mbps internet, but now that I have 30 mbps, it's the same old shit. The VLC player is HORRIBLE. It stops and freezes no matter my speed. One of the BEST features about watching the videos is now gone (the buffer thingy in the right corner). I literally spend 30 minutes looking for a proper link to stream from. Please go back to the way things were.

No solution to my problem? Thought so. Thanks for proving my point.

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#295 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:27 pm

The solution is don't use vlc directly. download the file and play it as it's downloading.

That, or use the divx/flash player. Your choice.

tycars
meh

Post#296 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:46 pm

gspat wrote:The solution is don't use vlc directly. download the file and play it as it's downloading.

That, or use the divx/flash player. Your choice.

I did not have to download the files at first. What a bummer. I have no problem watching shows and movies on file hosting sites like letmewatchthis or watchseries, or other boards competing against Ice. It's that damn VLC. I don't know why because my laptop is not that old and my connection is top notch.

I have divx web player but it does not give me divx as an option. When it does, it, too, goes slow.

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#297 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Unfortunately, VLC has a shitty cache and only downloads what it thinks it can use at any given time. You could try upping the settings, but it didn't work for me either, so I use other methods, like playing the .part file instead.

The divx/flash player seems to work well enough for me for SD stuff... I just pause it for a bit and let it get ahead.

The major issue is bandwidth, not yours, but how much the hosts have and are using. All you can really do is register for a free account, then whine like hell at them to up the bandwidth. (I do it lots.. it works!)

As for the other sites, I guess they just aren't as popular and their files/hosts don't have the bandwidth issues.

Something you might want to try is an alternate player to vlc, I recall someone suggesting a few for people to try, but don't remember which ones they were atm. A quick search on the forums should get you the info if you want it.

tycars
meh

Post#298 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:26 pm

gspat wrote:Unfortunately, VLC has a shitty cache and only downloads what it thinks it can use at any given time. You could try upping the settings, but it didn't work for me either, so I use other methods, like playing the .part file instead.

The divx/flash player seems to work well enough for me for SD stuff... I just pause it for a bit and let it get ahead.

The major issue is bandwidth, not yours, but how much the hosts have and are using. All you can really do is register for a free account, then whine like hell at them to up the bandwidth. (I do it lots.. it works!)

As for the other sites, I guess they just aren't as popular and their files/hosts don't have the bandwidth issues.

Something you might want to try is an alternate player to vlc, I recall someone suggesting a few for people to try, but don't remember which ones they were atm. A quick search on the forums should get you the info if you want it.

Thank you. I really appreciate it. Now I understand. But yes, Ice needs to add more alternative links cause there are plenty that work without having to search 30 minutes for one that does on the mainsite.

TheCarolinian
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#299 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:20 am

tycars wrote:
TheCarolinian wrote:

No solution to my problem? Thought so. Thanks for proving my point.

There are others here that are obviously nicer than I am but seriously,with that post you made I wouldn't give you the time of day just because you're pompous...Gspat,you are too nice.

helix512
meh

Post#300 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:03 am

having an issue with me also i click a link and nothing happened or if i right click and say open new tab its blank. i am using Google chrome i have the newest script installed i have VLC installed and i clear cache and restarted my browser but it just will not let anything thing work. any other ideas thanks guys.

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”