The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Thread"

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

tycars
meh
Posts: 10

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#301 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:28 pm

TheCarolinian wrote:
tycars wrote:
No solution to my problem? Thought so. Thanks for proving my point.

There are others here that are obviously nicer than I am but seriously,with that post you made I wouldn't give you the time of day just because you're pompous...Gspat,you are too nice.



You must not be that bright. Um, you just gave me the time of day, which was CLEARLY not wanted or needed. My issue was resolved and I did not need your help. Fix the site and I won't have a reason to complain. Good day!

User avatar

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD
Posts: 10678

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#302 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:56 pm

Image
Image

User avatar

macxtc
Out of work journalist
Posts: 6230

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#303 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 pm

WOW, I got number 1, I go first.... No one else goes before me...

Image



wait, where is everybody anyway?!?
Image

User avatar

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD
Posts: 10678

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#304 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:36 am

They left to go find their own ouchy pineapples. :p
Image


Devil Tiger
no0b
Posts: 2

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#305 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:50 pm

File hosts are a fucking joke. Figured when VLC was added things would get better but, alas, they got worse. Get a decent host for fucks sake.

User avatar

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD
Posts: 10678

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#306 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:59 am

Since you asked so nicely, here's an excellent file host, just for you....


Image
Image


Devil Tiger
no0b
Posts: 2

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#307 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:20 pm

I didn't ask, I was telling. [img]removed[/img]
Last edited by imApirate on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed picture.

User avatar

Repdaddy
Sex Robot
Posts: 3393

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#308 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Really? I would really like to see anybody with complaints about this site, especially people that believe they are entitled to something for some fucked up reason, start a site that nearly compares to Icefilms. Seriously, what is about the internet that takes these normal people and turns them into a "it is my privilege" type of person? If you do not like it here, get the fuck out, do not come back. It really is that easy. It REALLY is that easy. Just remember kids, this is the only place in the public forum you can vent. (sun) (sun)
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

User avatar

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD
Posts: 10678

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#309 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:30 am

Devil Tiger wrote:I didn't ask, I was telling.

That was pretty much my point, asshat.
Image


far2daleft
meh
Posts: 9

stop using sharebees

Post#310 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:43 pm

i've no idea if this is the right forum to bitch about sharebees, but honestly it's terrible. sharebees never streams consistently, one out of MAYBE every 20 links doesn't buffer every 20 frickin seconds. it's annoying, because there will be tv shows and / or movies, where the only NON RAPIDSHARE link is shitbees, please stop uploading sharebees links, in fact take it out of your fucking iqs. I love icefilms, however, i do not like watching a video and having it stop to buffer every 20 goddamn seconds.
Last edited by Repdaddy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to the thread to bitch about it.


glen
no0b
Posts: 2

warning sharebees

Post#311 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:44 am

i used to use rapidshare till you stoped posting links (yes i did vote to keep them)i did pay for the use but thought the download speeds were well worth paying for.
now that a lot of your links are on sharebees i paid for a premium account but guess what the download speeds are pathetic on average 100-200 kb/sec i know that you dont have any control about the speeds of sharebees but thought all members should be aware before buying a premium account with them.
please dont think im having a bitch about this site i think its awsome (hence recent donation) and very much appreciate all the hard work put into I F keep up the good work guys
kind regards
gg
Last edited by Repdaddy on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the filehost thread


banish
no0b
Posts: 1

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#312 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:07 am

does vidhogs not work? i cant get the page to load at all on ff or chrome. and also rapidshare is dl only?

User avatar

Repdaddy
Sex Robot
Posts: 3393

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#313 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:51 am

banish wrote:does vidhogs not work? i cant get the page to load at all on ff or chrome. and also rapidshare is dl only?


Vidhog has switched domains to .net. Have to wait and see what happens with that. Iqs no longer supports Rapidshare, so yes, download only.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it


st0n3r
Heart on for IceFlims
Posts: 128

A few things about the hosts of recent.

Post#314 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:59 pm

So recently there has been a LOT of issues with the hosts and their slew of pop-up's. Sharebees seems to be the best one for not trying to run you around the internet on the proper place to click etc. All of the other ones that are used and provided are VERY deceptive. Fake links to stream / download, flash based rootkits etc. I REALLY hope icefilms takes some steps to ensure the safety of those who frequent this site.

My work computer which is the only thing i use icefilms on got hit the other day when i was forced to use one of the filehosts since sharebees wasnt an option. The only thing this work computer is used for is running MS Office and Netflix. This computer was infected with a LOT of rootkits and flash vulnerabilities from the hosts which are provided. Yes, its not Icefilms fault and its rather hard to screen everything, but we must find a reliable host who doesnt allow this to happen. The current rootkit going around is being sent through pop-ups and flash related stuff. Our work network has really good AV / Mallware stuff for protection but it still got around. Please ensure that we warn people about keeping flash up to date at all times.
In the end i had to use "tdsskiller" to get rid of the rootkit which clearly stated that it was from 180upload through their stupid pop-ups that happen. Yes, you can use pop-ups blockers etc. but you will still get hit from the flash vulnerabilities.

Simply asking if we can maybe screen the hosts a bit better and put word out on precautions to take.
Last edited by Repdaddy on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to appropriate thread

User avatar

un4gettable47
Heart on for IceFlims
Posts: 180

Re: A few things about the hosts of recent.

Post#315 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:41 pm

st0n3r wrote:So recently there has been a LOT of issues with the hosts and their slew of pop-up's. Sharebees seems to be the best one for not trying to run you around the internet on the proper place to click etc. All of the other ones that are used and provided are VERY deceptive. Fake links to stream / download, flash based rootkits etc. I REALLY hope icefilms takes some steps to ensure the safety of those who frequent this site.

My work computer which is the only thing i use icefilms on got hit the other day when i was forced to use one of the filehosts since sharebees wasnt an option. The only thing this work computer is used for is running MS Office and Netflix. This computer was infected with a LOT of rootkits and flash vulnerabilities from the hosts which are provided. Yes, its not Icefilms fault and its rather hard to screen everything, but we must find a reliable host who doesnt allow this to happen. The current rootkit going around is being sent through pop-ups and flash related stuff. Our work network has really good AV / Mallware stuff for protection but it still got around. Please ensure that we warn people about keeping flash up to date at all times.
In the end i had to use "tdsskiller" to get rid of the rootkit which clearly stated that it was from 180upload through their stupid pop-ups that happen. Yes, you can use pop-ups blockers etc. but you will still get hit from the flash vulnerabilities.

Simply asking if we can maybe screen the hosts a bit better and put word out on precautions to take.

There is a simple solution to all the harmful adds and attacks on the hosts pages (180upload, ect...). It has been talked about here in the forums a-lot? Install "ablocker plus" .

Because ablocker plus literally blocks all of 180upload's pop ups.

Also, I use free avast anti-virus and it works great.

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest