The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Thread"

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Lobstercrotch
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#331 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:44 am

LOL Getting a download was never the issue but that works. I always have other ways but thanks for pointing that out Rep I honestly probably never would have noticed the tiny blue download prompt.
Anyway the issue is that the script isn't working right. Thought someone should know. Fix it. Don't fix it. Whatever.

shannon73
meh

Post#332 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:21 pm

So either I'm really stupid or I've downloaded VLC incorrectly (don't see how on the latter as I use the links posted here on the site)..tried with Chrome..doesn't work..apparently I'm supposed to use FF..so try on Firefox..doesn't work either..180upload freezes up FF to the point where the only thing I can do is shut it down and to do that, I have to use my task manager..

Guess what I'm asking is this..can someone explain to me in a very very simple way on how to use VLC with the links on here?? Not a computer geek either so really simple terms would be best lol :P

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#333 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:25 pm

shannon i suggesting using kantaris it's alot easier. Here is a youtube vid hibbs did, Hope this helps.

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHYnBBjhc-o

macman42
meh

Post#334 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

I just tried to stream

http://199.189.107.164:8080/d/ewhucyrsp ... EVOLVE.mkv

from 180upload using Kantaris for the first time and I could not get it to work. I am using Windows7 and using Firefox. Any suggestions?

P.S. the link above that I used was on my clipboard from right-clicking on "download" and choosing "copy link location". I have been streaming from DivX for a few weeks but I am always looking for a better way to stream. On hibbs youtube video it looks like Kantaris would be great! Any help would be appreciated.

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#335 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Sometimes 180 doesn't work due to traffic. My suggestion is try another source and see if it works.

macman42
meh

Post#336 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:45 pm

I tried using the same show and episode that hibbs used in the tutorial. Of course I couldn't use vidhog like he did back then, but I tried the sharebees link with no success. I will keep trying other links and hosts to see if something else works with Kantaris. I am running out of hosts. billion uploads was working until yesterday now its showing a stream speed of 1kb/sec, even with an account. If anyone has tried Kantaris recently with success please let me know. (yn)

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#337 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:51 pm

try it with movreel macman you should get decent speeds with them. !80 is hit or miss at times..depends on the time of day. And i have used kantaris recently :) yesterday.

macman42
meh

Post#338 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Can you give me the link it worked for you with? I would like to see if its a configuration problem on my end. I tried it with a sharebees link that worked when I streamed it with divx, but then tried with Kantaris and nothing happened. Thank you so much!!

macman42
meh

Post#339 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:19 am

It streaming! its a 180upload link so I don't know how it will finish......... buts its streaming! (happy)

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#340 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Macman 300mb is 3000 fully streamed in kantaris. 800mb 8000 1gb 10,000. Anything over 300 kbps is good for streaming.

macman42
meh

Post#341 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:36 am

Thanks rockingny! I am going to play with this more and get better at it. Thanks for your help :)

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#342 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:11 am

Np man 180 is good at times. As of right now other sources are a tad better.

TriP!
no0b

Post#343 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:21 am

billionuploads is the only host that has been giving me consistent speed, 180upload has it's moments but yeah i don't think they can handle the traffic all that well.

problem is as of fairly recently videos will just not appear in the divx player at all, (not a valid divx file) however they WILL appear in BU's own player. i'd like to use VLC, but the buffering issues are too much. is there a way i can stream using MPC-HC with the CCCP codec pack? i would much prefer it over VLC. also, are there any european filehosts for those of us that live here? streaming across the atlantic seems to cause a lot of speed issues.

Xemas22
no0b

Post#344 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:59 am

I'll preamble my post as thus:

Icefilms has been very good to me. Beyond good. When ninjavideo went down, and sidereel got shitty, I thought I was doomed to wait for tv shows on an actual tv. I've never been to a site more resilient and dedicated than this one, and I'd like to thank the icefilms team right off the bat!

However...

VLC is a glorious piece of shit for one simple reason:

not being able to pause and buffer.

I would choose the shittiest flash application with ads in the corner just for this function. Being able to play a ton of platforms isn't very useful when they just stutter and stop every few seconds (I've tested many links, about 80 percent or so will do this). I can torrent (or stream) any of the content here quite easily, and at speeds that are often five or six times that of these hosts, but would prefer to stick with icefilms because I've always been pleased with their very intuitive browsing format and rating integration with imdb. But I seriously can't take it anymore. I'll be watching a movie, it's going fine, and halfway through I'll get up to take a piss, mouse quavering over the pause button with preemptive remorse... Sure enough, when I return and press play - chop city - shitsticks. I now have watched 1/2 of a movie and must wait for its entirety to download if I really have conviction for it. So I'm left with the choice of pissing my pants or torrenting, yaknow? My country has no throttling, it has been outlawed, so I know its not my ISP - there aren't that many working Divx links out there either. This has happened many dozens of times with the full range of hosts. I'm down with VLC, whenever I torrent something or choose to download (which I do much more often now out of necessity) VLC is the shit. But... such a fundamental aspect of streaming. I feel that losing that function is a massive regression, no matter what new features or file formats are available. Anyway don't get the wrong idea here.. I've been mooching off icefilms for a while and it owns. But I'm a monkey, and monkeys learn when things are unpleasant.

Mohegan
no0b

Post#345 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:55 pm

I was about to write how nothing has been working for me for about 3 weeks and in my desperation I registered to ask questions because I'm in love with ICE and can't do without it but as I was writing this post, I continued to play around with it and got a download to work. "this things workin' perfect man!"

But while I'm here. I download everything now because I haven't been able to stream for awhile. I get the ICE player with both VLC or DIVX but when I click to play, it downloads a 1KB file for 2secs and that's it. ? any help.

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”