The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Thread"

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

eastend1
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: The Official "Let's bitch about VLC and File Hosts Threa

Post#316 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:13 pm

is there something wrong with vidhog? i keep getting a blank screen i refresh and everything mentioned still nothing?
cheers

AGIA
meh

Post#317 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:30 pm

I think vidhog is down. I can't download anything from sharebees either. I generate the link, and then when i click on save, my downloader keeps saying calculating, but doesn't ever download....any help??

AGIA
meh

Post#318 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Nevermind, I can't download from any host.....what do i do :( I'm dying here.

miaverone
meh

Post#319 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:50 pm

what' goin on with sharebees it takes 4hrs to d/l a 351 mb tv show?

miaverone
meh

Post#320 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:53 pm

I think vidhog is out aswell!

JonnieGee
code of Deez

Post#321 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:07 pm

We've all had our share of issues over time, no matter what Divx version or which host we were going through. In so many cases, those issues are individual ones brought on by the computer system and internet connection you have. But we have experienced the 'universal' issues shared by nearly everyone, as well. The saving grace has always been (and hopefully always will be) that ice and the forum members always do their best to help everyone get the best performance and experience they can while using ice! Thanks, guys. We appreciate everything *all* of you do!!!
RESISTANCE IS NOT ALWAYS FUTILE

Lobstercrotch
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#322 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Here's a new one for me. Started a few days ago

It's only BU that I'm having an issue with and only on Firefox but I have no script installed on Chrome because I just never use it. Now I'm using it if I want to use BU as a source.

Anybody else? Just me?

Lookseasy
meh

Post#323 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:31 am

OK, I have a new issue that just started happening a couple days ago:

When I click a link, it takes me to the proper file host page as usual. But then, as the page is loading, it gets to a point where it stalls for a REALLY LONG time. Eventually (after many minutes) it will finish loading the page and then I can download the file as usual. It always stalls at the same point: " waiting for www. tag. tlv media. com "

I have noticed this happening on three sites so far - billion uploads, sharebees, and 180 upload.

Has anyone else had this problem yet? and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Lookseasy

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#324 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:20 pm

yeah i can't stream at all with billion at all. I even tried turning off the script and copying the link location with vlc and kantaris. Nothing, what's the deal?

Lobstercrotch
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#325 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Yeah I've disabled greasemonkey. Disabled the script. Uninstalled the script and disabled greasemonkey. Still get the error message from BU. Doesn't seem to matter if there is actual script involved or not. Almost more like its a firefox issue than a script issue. So I've just been copying and pasting the URL over to Chrome and DLing it there if I need to use BU as a source. It works for the time being.

King_B
Average User

Post#326 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:18 pm

miaverone wrote:what' goin on with sharebees it takes 4hrs to d/l a 351 mb tv show?

I got an e-mail from sharebees telling me they were going to shut down for a few days, because they were upgrading their servers. They should return in a few days better than ever. Well that's at least what they said.

rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#327 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Lobstercrotch wrote:Here's a new one for me. Started a few days ago

It's only BU that I'm having an issue with and only on Firefox but I have no script installed on Chrome because I just never use it. Now I'm using it if I want to use BU as a source.

Anybody else? Just me?

OK, all you have to do when the Icefilms player comes up is scroll down a little bit. See that big green arrow under the Billion Uploads player? It says "Download" underneath. Click that and your window for Saving or Opening comes right up.

rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#328 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Guys, sometimes you have to be a little inventive. I've been noticing that a lot of the pages mentioned tend to move things around and sort of hide what you need to click in plain sight. If you can't get anything to come up, try clicking on stuff. Yes, you may get some ads, you may get something that wants you to download a file manager, but really, don't be so fast to give up. I get frustrated too sometimes, but by now I know unless something is REALLY wrong with the page, if I just apply some patience and search a little, there is always a button there to click that will bring up the download or save window.

Lobstercrotch
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#329 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:16 am

rodentraiser wrote:
Lobstercrotch wrote:Here's a new one for me. Started a few days ago

Anybody else? Just me?

OK, all you have to do when the Icefilms player comes up is scroll down a little bit. See that big green arrow under the Billion Uploads player? It says "Download" underneath. Click that and your window for Saving or Opening comes right up.

That only gives me a prompt to download FastDownload.exe and while I appreciate the input I'm not really looking for workarounds. There are always other ways but ideally the script should just work. I'm just reporting the issue. Can't download from BU using Firefox.
On a side note just out of curiosity I tried the streaming options and those work. Would have mentioned that sooner but I never stream. Was just bored and decided to check.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#330 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:21 am

Repdaddy wrote:Billion just added a funky orange download button (under the green arrow) that redirects you to an install. Make sure to click the link(underlined and blue) instead of the button ;)
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”