Work Around VLC Streaming / Using different Players

Got a tutorial? Put it here. Need a tutorial? Look in here. NO REQUESTS.

Moderator: Omen

Topic Author
Way
RedTek

Work Around VLC Streaming / Using different Players

Post#1 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:02 am

Watch while downloading through VLC:
step 1- start the download you want
step 2- locate that file on your computer as it is downloading
step 3- open the incomplete file in VLC
If it's a .avi and I think .divx you may be asked something about repairing the file
make sure to click Do Not Repair
Thanks to Nevermore669 the original poster of this info.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13460
This is old info and it may have changed some I don't use VLC anymore.

For FireFox it is call a .part for Chrome it is .crdownload these files will be in the same folder location you downloaded to I.E. downloads folder/desktop/ect.
If you don't see the file extension just pick the one that is getting larger in size you can see this when you hover over the files in the dialog box. Or you can change your folder options to show the file extensions.
To show or hide file extensions
Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
Click the View tab, and then, under Advanced settings, do one of the following:
To show file name extensions, clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.
To hide file name extensions, select the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.

Now another means to stream is to.
Install the player of your choice that can stream/open a direct download url link
These I know will do this Divx player (VLC ZOOMplayer Kmplayer)

1 Open Divx player (VLC ZOOMplayer Kmplayer)
2 Click File> Open URL
3 Paste Direct Link to the file click OK

(The advantage to using Divx,Zoomplayer,or Kmplayer is they all will catch to disk unlike VLC which doesn't this means you can pause the stream and let it buffer up for a few minutes to prevent the buffering problem on slow downloads. VLC will not do this you can only change the buffer time to a small amount milliseconds not minutes this is what causes the buffer issue when streaming with a slow download. For fast download speed this won't be a problem using VLC.)

How to find the Direct URL to the file (this is not the page URL)

Hover over the Download button on the IQS player right click copy link << this is the direct link to the file
It will look like for example for this file- Vikings S03E09 720P (180 Host)

Code: Select all

http://192.96.204.200:8080/d/jgh2gw2ypqikmrscjqeggteopgedeeasbysvan26ivxavgm35cc44epb/Vikings.S03E09.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv

When you Hover over the Download button it will show up in the bottom corner of your browser it will look like that. Just right click copy that link.

If you don't have IQS some host providers will still show the direct link by Hovering over the download on their page AFTER you un-tick the BS Box ... But some hosts hide the direct download link behind a java script which you can still get the link, but to keep things simple I'm not going to get into that.

Return to “Tutorials”