Have tried both GM & TM and Auto-run not working

Got a tutorial? Put it here. Need a tutorial? Look in here. NO REQUESTS.

Moderator: Omen

Topic Author
Catsin
Heart on for IceFlims

Have tried both GM & TM and Auto-run not working

Post#1 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 pm

Hope someone will have a minute to help me (actually, I will pay someone to help me if you want!). I used to use IF with no issues at all, but I am using another computer now and something I've installed is interfering with using the script.

I had GM installed and also had the IQS script installed, and GM showed the script, but when I would click on a video I would still see the two boxes - Auto -run and Manual Install. I don't think I'm supposed to see them if the script is actually running,

While researching it I saw someone say they had better luck with Tampermonkey, which I installed, disabled GM, reinstalled the IQS and am still seeing both of those boxes.

What am I doing wrong? I have FF current version (59.0.3) and W7. I use CCleaner regularly, and run Malwarebytes, Avast, and SuperAntiSpyware. I also have AdBlocker Ultimate, AdBlock Plus, UBlock, and a pop-up blocker as extensions on FF.

I've got VLC installed although I don't rely on it much.

If anyone has any thoughts I am all ears.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Have tried both GM & TM and Auto-run not working

Post#2 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:28 am

Look over at the right hand side of your tool bar, and the little binocular looking symbol that is tampermonkey should have a red box with a #1 in it. If not right click on the binocs and enable TM.

Topic Author
Catsin
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:21 am

Thanks - I'll try it when I get home. I really appreciate your response. Very kind of you.

Topic Author
Catsin
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi, tried it, got the little #1 in red to show up, but still is not auto-running.
I don't know if this is relevant, but when I click on the source I want instead of taking me straight to the next page I get a bar up at the top of the browser saying FF prevented the website from sending me to another page, and I have to click "allow." Could that have anything to do with the script not auto-running? I mean, I have very little understanding of these things; it seems like it would not be related, but is it?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#5 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:46 am

What Add ons do you have? I cannot duplicate this problem thru FF settings.

Topic Author
Catsin
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:13 pm

You are so sweet to have written back - I have had a monumental work week and this is the first time I have logged on and seen your message. My add-ons are: AdBlock, AdBlock Plus, AdBlocker Ultimate, Popup Blocker Ultimate, TamperMonkey and UBlock origin. I have a few that are disabled right now (like Greasemonkey) and a couple that I don't think can be causing the problem: 404 Bookmarks and Awesome Screenshot.

Needless to say I don't see ANY ads or popups, but if you think one of them is causing the problem, let me know and I'll experiment.

And again, THANK YOU. Love, Catsin

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#7 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:09 am

All I use for my FF is AB Plus and Ghostery. I have no problems with pop ups it seems like you might be strangling the whole browser. Sometimes simple is best.

Topic Author
Catsin
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:03 am

OK, I'll give it a try. Never heard of Ghostery - always happy to learn about something new, so thank you!

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#9 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:27 pm

I too am having the same issue with GreaseMonkey. Im running the latest version of Firefox and Grease Monkey. My Op is windows 10.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#10 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:13 am

Did you try all of the above?

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#11 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:53 pm

Yes I have. I even tried uninstalling GM when trying TM and Uninstalling TM when trying GM having only one of them running to avoid conflicts. The only difference between me and the OP is I am using windows 10 if that really makes a difference.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#12 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:54 pm

I run TM and the latest Win10 and FF with ABP and Ghostery. I would try Cleaning House. I mean Dumping all Cookies. It sounds like you have a Super Cookie messing with you. There is a section on this in the Help Threads.

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#13 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 pm

Forgot to mention I have C Cleaner installed. I run it about every week. Been using it way back when I was a more active in the forums... Back in the megaupload days..many years ago. No one remembers me? jk But yeah i run CCleaner everyweek along with the built registry cleaner aswell.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#14 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:36 pm

That stuff doesn't work well with the new FF Its easier just to do it from the control PNL. Or Options-Privacy & Security-Cookies and Site Data-Clear Data

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#15 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Really? I will try this next time

Return to “Tutorials”