WATCH ICEFILMS ON YOUR MOBILE!!! in 5 easy steps!

Got a tutorial? Put it here. Need a tutorial? Look in here. NO REQUESTS.

Moderator: Omen

Harry Muscle
Average User

Re: WATCH ICEFILMS ON YOUR MOBILE!!! in 5 easy steps!

Post#31 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:32 pm

twotone8 wrote:this is a fantastic little android app Harry Muscle. Only two things and it would be absolutely perfect. 1) premium account support of course, and 2) allow the option to start streaming immediately as well as save the file once it completes.

before, i was going to the hidden /.download temp directory and starting the files from there while they downloaded. this app makes things much much easier.

Thanks.

I will be releasing the next version of the application hopefully this week which will address the premium account support. As for saving and streaming the file that will be somewhat more difficult because of the way the Android system works. The only reliable way of doing that would be to have two connections going one for the streaming and one for the downloading, but that's double the bandwidth and it sort of defeats the point. There are non-reliable ways of doing it ... but that just leads to a bad user experience and bad reviews :) But if I come across a solution that works I'll make sure to incorporate it.

Thanks,
Harry

PootieJooce
no0b

Post#32 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:52 am

For the Droid Charge I simply downloaded the MX video player from marketplace. You can use icefilms as normal and when you click the download link from MU, it begins to play rather than download. Works great and fast with 4gLTE, WiFi, and with hdmi output too!

twotone8
no0b

Post#33 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Hrm. I'm trying to figure out how the streaming option works. does it save the file to some sort of temporary location while playing the partial file? as of now I can't figure out how to skip back and re watch earlier parts that have already been buffered. It works much better for me to use rock player to play the partially downloaded file from the downloadtemp directory (not using this plugin, getting there from a file browser). How exactly does the streaming option work? Great job on the plugin by the way.

Harry Muscle
Average User

Post#34 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:02 am

twotone8 wrote:Hrm. I'm trying to figure out how the streaming option works. does it save the file to some sort of temporary location while playing the partial file? as of now I can't figure out how to skip back and re watch earlier parts that have already been buffered. It works much better for me to use rock player to play the partially downloaded file from the downloadtemp directory (not using this plugin, getting there from a file browser). How exactly does the streaming option work? Great job on the plugin by the way.

In order to skip back (and forward) you need to have a MegaUpload Free account (or Premium, but Free is all that's needed) since that allows you to resume downloading/streaming the file from any section. Also we released an update to our application last week so make sure you install the latest update and go to Preferences to enter your username and password after you sign up for a Free membership with MegaUpload. Afterwards you'll be all set to skip back (and forward ... even to the sections that haven't been downloaded yet).

Thanks,
Harry

bryce
no0b

Post#35 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:30 pm

It doesn't appear to recognize Moba Player Pro as an available replay application. I have it installed, but it says I have no available playback applications installed. I installed vplayer, but it is only a 7 day trial so It would be great if we could get it working with Moba Player Pro.

PreciousAngelJS25
meh

Post#36 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Awesome! Gonna try it on my iphone now!

Also just got a Logitech Revue for my TV so here's hoping that when the android market is available on it that I can try this trick to make it work (wasntme)

Thanks again!

Harry Muscle
Average User

Post#37 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:16 pm

bryce wrote:It doesn't appear to recognize Moba Player Pro as an available replay application. I have it installed, but it says I have no available playback applications installed. I installed vplayer, but it is only a 7 day trial so It would be great if we could get it working with Moba Player Pro.

I believe the issue you are running into is confusing MoboPlayer with Mobo Video Player (and by extension Mobo Video Player Pro). We've done thorough testing with MoboPlayer (note that there's no space between the two words), however, we have not tested Mobo Video Player or Mobo Video Player Pro. I would recommend trying MoboPlayer as it works great and is free.

Thanks,
Harry

jacobtbriley
no0b

Post#38 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:26 pm

alright, I have been watching icefilms on my iphone through Oplayer but now with all of the changes all I get is the megaupload ad. Is there any fix for this.

Wirito
meh

Post#39 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:46 pm

jacobtbriley wrote:alright, I have been watching icefilms on my iphone through Oplayer but now with all of the changes all I get is the megaupload ad. Is there any fix for this.

I have the same darn problem :/

Any advice people??

IPHONE
no0b

Post#40 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:12 pm

i know this is old thread

but i have a samsung galaxy S3

i did isntall XMBC i need to run

icefilms on it

thank you

matchingcal
Average User

Post#41 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:52 pm

IPHONE wrote:i know this is old thread

but i have a samsung galaxy S3

i did isntall XMBC i need to run

icefilms on it

thank you

XBMC on android isn't fully supported yet. I'm sure there's a way to run the icefilms plug in on it but you'd be better off for now either getting the icefilms android app (spoken about earlier in this thread. It's no longer available on the android play store but is available on various 3rd party app stores although I'm not sure which) or just downloading and watching through a video player like mx video player.

Return to “Tutorials”