Tutorial – Hide Your IP Address for free, when uploading

Got a tutorial? Put it here. Need a tutorial? Look in here. NO REQUESTS.

Moderator: Omen

Topic Author
Brainfingers
Average User

Tutorial – Hide Your IP Address for free, when uploading

Post#1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Tutorial – Hide Your IP Address for free.

Have you ever tried to upload to mega-upload only to find your IP address has been logged? Even if you do provide mega-upload the info they need, your IP and email as well as your IP address from the email address may be available to the wrong person for the right price?. Such problems might not be a big problem if icefilms was not a very important site for you in getting your program or movie out, know matter what that program or movie may be, here are a few tips to work around this..

In order for this to work, you will need a few things.

linksys router and Dynamic IP Address and Opera, Explorer 8 will work too.

On the Internet, you will find many websites that provides VPN software. One of the websites is http://www.ip-shield.net/index.html , with this site, it will protect your Internet privacy at home, work, hotels, wi-fi hotspots, anywhere..Encrypts your Internet communications for any Internet
application like Web, Email, Skype, Messenger etc.Unblocks websites and allows unfiltered, uncensored and unmonitored Internet access through firewalls and provides a simple one-click but full-featured and industrial-strength SSL VPN solution to anyone....come with a free three-day trial.....

Download the program and install it, you will notice that the login is already filled in. . don't touch it! Just click on the "Connect" button, then the "Try it" button, thats it, start using the program to upload or whatever your into until it ends in three days.....

Once it has expired, uninstall the program....

Now you will need to find your IP address, search on-line "my ip address" then pick a site and make sure you write your IP address down,
you will need this IP to make sure its been changed after you do the steps below!

1)Open up your web browser and go here http://192.168.1.1/wanMac.htm or http://192.168.1.1/WanMAC.asp if you cant connect to this then your Router does not support this!

2)Ok once at login screen leave the username blank and in the password box type admin, this will bring you to a new screen with 6 boxes that look like this (0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0) it may just have all 0's or have numbers and letters., click on the orange setup button @ the top right hand corner of the screen, this will bring you to another screen with various information.

3)Now look for your (LAN) MAC address it will look something like this "EXAMPLE; LAN IP (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-78-6E)"

""NOTE""
"*PLEASE MAKE SURE WHEN YOU COPY YOUR MAC ADDRESS YOU COPY YOUR (LAN) MAC ADDRESS NOT YOUR (WIRELESS) MAC ADDRESS THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT*"

4)Copy your LAN (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-78-6E) and hit the back button and place the LAN (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-78-6E)
in the 6 boxes.

""NOTE""
The numbers i have provided both above and below are for examples only do not use them!

5)Now to change your ip you have to change the last 2 boxes (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-xx-xx) the ones I have marked with the xx are the 2 boxes you will change.

6)Now you can use any combination of numbers and/or letters from 0-9 to A-F in the last 2 boxes example as shown below.

""NOTE""
Only change the last 2 boxes as shown in the examples below

Example; we started with this LAN (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-78-6E)

Example; we can change it to this (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-E5-08)

Example; we can change it to this (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-07-07)

Example; we can change it to this (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-FF-AA)

Caution; Do not change the first 4 boxes of the Mac Address that I have marked with an xx (MAC Address: xx-xx-xx-xx-78-6E)

You can use any combination of numbers 0-9 or any combination of letters A-F

7)Now unplug all your modems and routers for 30 seconds minimum.

8 )After the 30 seconds have passed plug everything back in.

9)Click on your web browser and see if you can connect to the Internet if you get a page that says can not be displayed message this is normal!
simply hit the reset button on the back of your linksys router and you should be good to go.

10)Now go on-line and you will see your new ip

Reinstall the vpn software and your good to go again.....

Hide your IP for free Tutorial...........

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Re: Tutorial – Hide Your IP Address for free, when uploading

Post#2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Can someone with a Linksys router with a Dynamic IP address please confirm this tutorial is (as I suspect) the dogs bollocks, for me, thanks. :)
Last edited by Shalmainia on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to include Dynamic IP reference.
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

Topic Author
Brainfingers
Average User

Post#3 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Can someone with a Linksys router please confirm this tutorial is (as I suspect) the dogs bollocks, for me, thanks

When putting out the call to have my post verified make sure to include real not half truths.
The posts refers to linksys router and Dynamic IP Address, without this it will not work.

DesolationUSA
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:36 pm

I would, If my ISP didn't stick me with a static IP.
Those who would give up freedom for a little safety will deserve neither, and lose both. ~ Ben Franklin

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/DesolationUSA:243tqjui][img:243tqjui]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/DesolationUSA.png[/img:243tqjui][/url:243tqjui]

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#5 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:22 am

Brainfingers wrote:
Can someone with a Linksys router please confirm this tutorial is (as I suspect) the dogs bollocks, for me, thanks

When putting out the call to have my post verified make sure to include real not half truths.
The posts refers to linksys router and Dynamic IP Address, without this it will not work.

Edited to include the reference to a Dynamic IP. However, even though you decided to include size to be an twit even though I can read perfectly well and was only summarising; If this doesn't get verification then I'm flagging it because this tutorial could seriously mess up someone's Internet if they aren't careful. It's not exactly written for the laymen, is it?

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

Topic Author
Brainfingers
Average User

Post#6 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:45 pm

I don't know how things work in the nanny state, but on this side of the pond, we are innovators, risk takers. We don't sit on the side lines complaining.....

I have been changing my ip through this method for the last 5 months, with no problems. Only recently did I discover the a hole in the ip-shield software. It is only temporary! Soon the ip-shield people will find out. and fix it accordingly. This post is for people who value their privacy....

I been on a few sites where people have gone ballistic, once the realize you can change you ip address, In most cases, banning your ip is all they got. Having the ability to change your personal ip when you want, priceless.

If you want to flag this post, go right ahead. I am truly surprised you haven't called "Scotland Yard," yet! Anybody out there looking to change their ip as I described in my earlier post "PM" me...I'll do my best to walk you through it...

I have posted a video link below, showing the end result. Anything else would show my real ip address..

http://screenr.com/1YD

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#7 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Brainfingers wrote:I don't know how things work in the nanny state, but on this side of the pond, we are innovators, risk takers. We don't sit on the side lines complaining.....
I have been changing my ip through this method for the last 5 months, with no problems. Only recently did I discover the a hole in the ip-shield software. It is only temporary! Soon the ip-shield people will find out. and fix it accordingly. This post is for people who value their privacy....
I been on a few sites where people have gone ballistic, once the realize you can change you ip address, In most cases, banning your ip is all they got. Having the ability to change your personal ip when you want, priceless.
If you want to flag this post, go right ahead. I am truly surprised you haven't called "Scotland Yard," yet! Anybody out there looking to change their ip as I described in my earlier post "PM" me...I'll do my best to walk you through it...
I have posted a video link below, showing the end result. Anything else would show my real ip address..
http://screenr.com/1YD

I'm not on any side line complaining, I'm a moderator and I'm moderating to make sure people don't make stupid threads that fuck with people's computers. And since this is a public forum and you've chosen to make this public, it's easily accessible to those who who only speak laymen.

As for flagging a post, because you're not a staff member you obviously do not know that there are multiple categories for flagging a post. Not all resulting in deletion, however this thread is flagged with a note to verify and if it proven to be incorrect, hopefully deletion... BECAUSE it CAN fuck someone's Internet settings up.

Now on a side note, since you're A) A racist and b) A racist against staff... I'll be watching your posts very closely in future and giving you your first warning.

Signature by TMRKD

DesolationUSA
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Brain man.....you really need to realize that sham was just concerned for the not so tech savy people. You really mistook sham's posts....
Those who would give up freedom for a little safety will deserve neither, and lose both. ~ Ben Franklin

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/DesolationUSA:243tqjui][img:243tqjui]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/DesolationUSA.png[/img:243tqjui][/url:243tqjui]

becca7
no0b

Post#9 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:27 am

Is this software can hide the whois information?
I got the whois information here http://www.whoisxy.com/ and also i got the DNS,PING Test,domain to ip,ip to domain.....

Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#10 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:55 am

Brainfingers don't be such a dick.
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#11 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Until someone verifies this is bollocks I'm going to take Brain's word for it and assume it actually works. Because I don't behave like a twit I never get banned from anywhere so I don't think I'll be doing the verification.

That said ... any more bickering and the entire thread is going down with warnings handed out.

Have at it oh mighty verifiers of the interwebz!
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

Evilsilver
Overachiever

Post#12 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:40 am

clever... never thought of using a mac masker to change my ip before....

i can vouch guys that this should work without a hitch, if i may i might add in too, this is completely reversible, by simply uninstalling the shield program he talked about and then resetting the router everything should go back to normal and, possibly even your old ip back...

Principle behind what he talked about:

basically a mac address for those who don't know, is a unique identifier hardwired into your computer, it is unique to every computer (the reason he stressed to only change the last to boxes has something to do with the area it is sold in and then the id, the first four would most likely refer to manufacturer or something i don't really know the whole coding syntax of it...)

now to understand fully what is happening you have to know that and know what a mac masker is... exactly what it sounds like, it masks and hides your mac address...

so all that happens is you "mask" your mac address and then reset your connection to the internet, the router/isp see a different computer connecting and assign a brand new ip address to it (thus the stressing on dynamic ip, because in order for something this simple to work it has to automatically be assigning new ips for you that aren't being used)

so yes, this will work... and brain you are still a douche from the way that you carry yourself and talk to others that are merely concerned. so in defending what you posted do not think that i am defending you.

The things that go bump in the night are nothing compared to the things that walk the streets in the middle of the day.

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#13 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:48 am

Well good it's finally settled, which is the only outcome that I wanted as opposed to warnings, banning and that load of bollocks. Thanks for verifying and also handling this Xerxys.

Signature by TMRKD

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#14 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:42 am

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME OR AT THE OFFICE.

This is an old thread. However there may be some who wish to have a secure VPN.
Please see the tutorial referenced below my sig line, be paranoid-be safe.
A few observations....who me? :)
and then I'll quit.
ISP polices vary by region, actually even from network segment to network segment
depending on network hardware and legacy cable constraints. Certain areas may be overloaded and the ISP may tightly control how much equipment you put on the segment. Some ISPs inventory all of your equipment by Mac Address because they limit the total number of computers you have connected to the internet and more importantly charge you extra if you exceed the limit.
Changing the router MAC address will take down your internet connection if your ISP has a tight grip as above or if the router MAC address was duplicating an initial workstation MAC address. This arises when your cable modem is set up to connect to a specific MAC address, that of your initial workstation. You add a router and suddenly no connection. You change the MAC address of the router to match the original PC MAC address and all is well.

The ip-shield.net service costs $5.95 a month or $50.00 a year, for craps sake.
Don't use this method to steal a 6 buck a month service to change your IP folks.
I recommend http://www.strongvpn.com/ which is a little more expensive.
Use a free vpn service to change your ip if you can't afford a service (see the tutorial) and if you have the need for service and speed pony up the bucks to protect yourself and don't go trying to cheat the folks that are providing a service to cover your ass.

Sorry Brainfingers, Shalmainia is right, a layman trying to follow your antics could poke their eye out. Now I shall scold you Brainfingers for being rude to Shalmainia and I shall taunt you for being rude to a nation which I will wager has more IT professionals and computer users per capita with a longer history of use than any other nation in the world: neener neener neener.
-z

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#15 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:45 am

Good comments, zampaz!

(But I'm not going to remove it or alter it at this time)
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Tutorials”