Failed To Connect Issues

Got a tutorial? Put it here. Need a tutorial? Look in here. NO REQUESTS.

Moderator: Omen

Topic Author
Rasa
Insomniac

Failed To Connect Issues

Post#1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:57 pm

A lot of people have been getting Failed to Connect issues, where the player keeps trying to connect and never does. For example a lot of those issues are due to you reaching your megaupload download limit. To check if that is the case , click on download instead of the play button. If you have reached it, megaupload will inform you.

What you should do:

1) Get a Free Megaupload account , it will increase your download limit which means the "failed to connect " errors will happen less often. ( Register here: http://megaupload.com/?c=signup )

2) Clear your browser cache and delete the temp files in C:\Users\*username*\Videos\Divx Movies\Temporary Downloaded Files(or "My Videos")

3) Restart your router and modem, this will in most cases renew your ip and allow you to stream/download more instantly.

4) If nothing works,just wait until megaupload lets you download again.

k777
meh

Re: Failed To Connect Issues

Post#2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:59 am

This will let you get around these annoying time limits.... enjoy =D

What you are going to do is request a new IP address from your ISP. This is assuming that you do not subscribe to an Internet service with fixed IP addresses.

First, figure out what your current IP address is by going to IP Chicken or any of the ip finding websites. Write down the series of numbers that are displayed. This is your current IP address (I tend to skip this step as I know this works on my pc).

Then, follow the steps below to get a new IP:

1. Go to Start->Run and type in “cmd” without quotes to bring up the command prompt. Hit Enter.

2. Type in “ipconfig /flushdns” without quotes and hit Enter.

3. Type in “ipconfig /release” without quotes and hit Enter.

4. Type in “ipconfig /renew” without quotes and hit Enter. You should now have a new IP address. Check your IP address at IP Chicken again and compare it to the one you got earlier.

5. Now, erase your browser’s cache and cookies.

6. Try downloading the Rapidshare or Megaupload file again.

If this doesn't work then reset your router to get a new ip (the above is much faster though)

B1az3r out!

ako
no0b

Post#3 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 am

what to do if it shows download limit exceeded??

IFFTeam
Insomniac

Post#4 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:45 pm

ako wrote:what to do if it shows download limit exceeded??

Wait until your limit refreshes (countdown shown when Megaupload opened in it's own tab), or purchase a Megaupload Premium Account.

questguy
no0b

Post#5 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:27 am

What to do if stuck Connecting..... at Connect Attempt #1? Thanks in advanced

rogue82716
no0b

Post#6 » Sat May 21, 2011 2:47 am

In the year I've been using Ice Films I've never had this much trouble. I've done everything, reset my router, signed up for the megaupload, cleared my cashe... I still can't connect. The crazy thing #1 is I haven't been home for 2 days so I know I haven't exceeded my limit. Crazy thing #2 is this is only happening on my laptop I have no problems on my desktop. I'm using the new firefox on both systems...
Any thoughts will be helpful....
Also, why is having the mega upload a good thing? You only get 72 mins of time and that's not even a whole movie? Did I miss something or do something wrong?
Rogue

hockeychick0100
meh

Post#7 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:11 pm

I tried to clear the cache browser, but i cant...im using chrome, i click the wrench on the top right then tools then clear browser data and it goes to a blank page that says options - basics. am i missing something?

bro339
Overachiever

Post#8 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:12 pm

you can clear your browser data on chrome by pressing all these keys at once.. ctrl + shift + delete..it will open another tab with options - basic but the page is greyed out except for a small window 'clear browsing data'..tick all boxes and select 'since the beginning of time'..then click clear browsing data..violah!! :)

Ava.Jolie
Sex Robot

Post#9 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:48 am

hockeychick0100 wrote:I tried to clear the cache browser, but i cant...im using chrome, i click the wrench on the top right then tools then clear browser data and it goes to a blank page that says options - basics. am i missing something?

You could probably get by with just clearing your divx cache. once the divx window pops up, right click > preferences > download cache > clear cache now.

I recommend doing this before clearing chrome's cache, so you don't lose all of your passwords, etc. :)

Ava.Jolie
Sex Robot

Post#10 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:51 am

rogue82716 wrote:In the year I've been using Ice Films I've never had this much trouble. I've done everything, reset my router, signed up for the megaupload, cleared my cashe... I still can't connect. The crazy thing #1 is I haven't been home for 2 days so I know I haven't exceeded my limit. Crazy thing #2 is this is only happening on my laptop I have no problems on my desktop. I'm using the new firefox on both systems...
Any thoughts will be helpful....
Also, why is having the mega upload a good thing? You only get 72 mins of time and that's not even a whole movie? Did I miss something or do something wrong?
Rogue

you're thinking of MegaVideo, which has the 72 minute time limit.

MegaUpload is the site which icefilms streams from, and there is no time limit. It is helpful to have a MU account, because you can cut down your wait time. Without an account, you wait 45 seconds to watch a video, with a free account, you wait 25 seconds, and with a paid account, you have no wait time at all. Also, with a paid account, you won't run into and "download limit exceeded" error messages.

jingles101
no0b

Post#11 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:36 pm

i am new,so what do i click on to register

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#12 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Go to megaupload.com and register there. To make sure you're always logged-in, it's a good idea to keep a separate tab open to megaupload all the time.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Tutorials”