How to become a Contributor

Got a tutorial? Put it here. Need a tutorial? Look in here. NO REQUESTS.

Moderator: Omen

cdrshado
meh

Re: How to become a Contributor

Post#106 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:58 am

I have been downloading for years, now have a dvd ripper program and would like to contribute. How do I upload videos to the site.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#107 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 am

We do not host content here. You upload to any host you wish, as long as they do not require membership or software installs. Of course, hosts that are IQS compatible are preferred, as we can use them on the mainsite. You then post them in the appropriate section of the links forum. Rules for posting links: http://forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=58168
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

cdrshado
meh

Post#108 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 am

This is not going to be an easy process is it. Consider me an absolute virgin when it comes to file sharing, I have been able to download, but uploading is going so slowly. I am uploading a movie to 180uploading and it's going to take 4 hrs. Is there some type of tutorial I can read, I read the link above and am still loss. I really want to contribute, I have been raiding you guys for 4 years on a daily basis and would like to contribute. and where exactly do create links for material.
I feel you guys are going to truly hate me in 3 days times if you tolerate me that long with the questions I will ask.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#109 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:15 pm

The upload speed is likely because you do not have broadband. The download links will be generated by the host you upload to.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

cdrshado
meh

Post#110 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Ok I have a link

Code: Select all

http://180upload.com/sjd0lv2qhg63
to the movie Made of Honor what do I do next. Also do you recommend that I download their software that is suppose to ( I guess) help with the uploading. 180 uploader_setup.exe??

I am ripping with the Default settings which is suppose to be the same settings as the Original DVD using WinX DVD Ripper. So the quality should as good as the original DVD.
Last edited by Repdaddy on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: coded link

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#111 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm

First off, links posted anywhere on the site need to be coded to prevent take-downs. The software you describe is your choice. I would not.

Now all you need to do is refer to the rules I posted above to make a post. Find the right place in the links forum and post away. Above the message box you with see boxes with selections. Make sure you put links in code tags. Images go in Img tags. IMBD url goes in URL tags.

The link above tells you what you must have, rules usually do that.

If you want to make sure you did it right and it looks good, click the preview button at the bottom before submitting (y)

Intuition
no0b

Post#112 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:03 am

Since I use a separate email for my paypal that I do for this account, should I contact someone to tell them that I donated? Thanks :)

crawley
code of Deez

Post#113 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Does advertising for IF count using FB? I was putting stuff on my wall, but stopped for a bit when people on your page started saying don't post on FB. I have a ton of friends I've recommended to y'all, mostly word of mouth. Thx for being out there for us guys.

tedx
meh

Post#114 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:58 pm

I have been 'advertising' by giving people out the link for years, long before I ever signed up for an account or knew anything about 'the stash'. Most of the time people are super excited to dl stuff for free- (though I hear its getting harder in the US), everyone once in a while people give me one of those blank stares like "are you a criminal?!"

While I certainly spend less cash buying movies, we still go to the cinema - especially when it's a good movie - or spend on movies that are special to us, so I really don't feel bad about downloading movies to watch

Khalisse
no0b

Post#115 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:43 am

Now that's a good tutorial if i ever saw one! Thanks for making this thread, now i'll follow your steps and try my best to become a contributor!

Return to “Tutorials”