How to become a Contributor

Got a tutorial? Put it here. Need a tutorial? Look in here. NO REQUESTS.

Moderator: Omen

bro339
Overachiever

Re: How to become a Contributor

Post#91 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:52 pm

the more you ask for mainsite access, the more unlikely you will get it..(too annoying) strike #1

also, your links are .mkv links..for mainsite purposes, only avi links are accepted.. strike #2

conclusion, just be patient or else, strike #3 and you're out!!! meh.. :|

bigdog2626
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#92 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:31 pm

ok ty so my post are correct besides file format ty

bro339
Overachiever

Post#93 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:51 pm

pretty much..so just be patient aite??

bigdog2626
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#94 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:26 pm

alrite np

Split Entity
Average User

Post#95 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:24 am

So many diff colors to names. Is there a diff meaning for each one?

imApirate
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#96 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:00 pm

yes, there are different usergroups, the only ones that change anything are moderator and staff and admin

Split Entity
Average User

Post#97 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:10 am

Ah, I see the legend at the bottom now saying what each is. I'm not sure how I could have missed it before.

silentx3ro
Average User

Post#98 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:05 am

So I have donated a couple of times now (once back in september and once this month, I think only $50 all in.) Is there someone I need to PM about getting yellow or have I just not donated enough yet?

Cheers
Xero

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#99 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:29 pm

there is no "minimum donation size" to get yellow... and no "automatic" system either.

pm a screenie of the receipt or something to a staff member and you should get your yellow in no time.

silentx3ro
Average User

Post#100 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:11 pm

fatgirlstryhard wrote:there is no "minimum donation size" to get yellow... and no "automatic" system either.

pm a screenie of the receipt or something to a staff member and you should get your yellow in no time.

Anyone in particular in charge of this? Don't want to waste anyone's time :)

imApirate
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#101 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:32 pm

silentx3ro wrote:
fatgirlstryhard wrote:there is no "minimum donation size" to get yellow... and no "automatic" system either.

Anyone in particular in charge of this? Don't want to waste anyone's time :)

you can PM it to me, and I will make sure it gets to the right people

gypsywitch
meh

Post#102 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:21 pm

I was informed of ice by multiple friends, now I'm spreading the love to the deserving ones.

I would like to contribute, because I Love This Place!!! I know I have gotten my fair share out all ready and want to give back. I've seen some requests that I have ripped from my dvds. How do I make this happen? I'm guessing I need to convert them to another format and then upload them somewhere. My question is more specifically, what's the most preferable format and where can I upload? Do I need to upload to another site and then post links? Also, coding? What's the best method to make this all happen? I'm rather new to the movie download scene, and definitely new to uploading but I'm a fast learner!

I wanna play!

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#103 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:18 pm

You can upload to any host that can be accessed without membership or $$, but hosts we use would obviously be preferred ;) . You can post your submissions in the appropriate section of the links forum, depending what the file is. (tv,movie,.mkv,.avi., etc.) Be sure to read the rules at the top of that forum before posting. To fill requests, simply reply to the request with the link. And yes, ALWAYS code your links. Keeps them away from the prying eyes of bots. Thanks in advance for contributing.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

gypsywitch
meh

Post#104 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks! I appreciate your feedback, especially since I'm sure these questions have been asked a billion times. I try to read through the forums first, but there are a ton and they go back far, so reading it all takes time in itself. Getting through it and finding my way little by little. I will begin to mess with it all and get it figured out. May take a moment before my contributions show up and till I get the hang of it. Once I do, It's on like Donkey Kong! Love It here.. spreading the word! Thanks for all you guys do! You Rock!

Any suggestions on a free video converter? iso to avi/mp4/etc

and free Sights to upload to? I'm not a big 2shared fan, my least favorite to download from (not that I won't use it but it's my backup if not on another site). Megauploads is a paid membership site right? What's the fav for majority for a place to upload freely etc?

imApirate
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#105 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:14 pm

gypsywitch wrote:Thanks! I appreciate your feedback, especially since I'm sure these questions have been asked a billion times. I try to read through the forums first, but there are a ton and they go back far, so reading it all takes time in itself. Getting through it and finding my way little by little. I will begin to mess with it all and get it figured out. May take a moment before my contributions show up and till I get the hang of it. Once I do, It's on like Donkey Kong! Love It here.. spreading the word! Thanks for all you guys do! You Rock!

Any suggestions on a free video converter? iso to avi/mp4/etc

and free Sights to upload to? I'm not a big 2shared fan, my least favorite to download from (not that I won't use it but it's my backup if not on another site). Megauploads is a paid membership site right? What's the fav for majority for a place to upload freely etc?

Here are the current hosts we use:

Code: Select all

180Upload
    UploadOrb
    JumboFiles
    Movreel
    GlumboUpload
    BillionUpload
    ShareBees
    SpeedyShare
    2Shared

Return to “Tutorials”