A better way to watch than VLC or flash streaming---READ!

Got a tutorial? Put it here. Need a tutorial? Look in here. NO REQUESTS.

Moderator: Omen

Topic Author
Toasty
meh

A better way to watch than VLC or flash streaming---READ!

Post#1 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:23 am

Hi guys, so I just signed up to share this with you.

This is how I watch my movies and shows without lagging. It's just like when megaupload was still up.

1. Download "Orbit Downloader" and install
2. Download SMPlayer and install
3. Go to the link you want to watch in icefilms
4. Wait until the ICE divx player shows up and >>right click<< on the button that says Download on the divx player and select "Copy link"
5. Open Orbit Downloader and click on new download and save it where you want to.
6. Find the file in windows explorer and Right click on it while it's downloading, and select "open with..." : select SMPlayer
7. Now any time you have any kind of file like this when you right click it it will open with SMPlayer, and you can watch the video while it downloads in Orbit, which by the way accelerates all downloads to lightning speed.

Enjoy!

Way
RedTek

Re: A better way to watch than VLC or flash streaming---READ

Post#2 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:16 am

Everyone has a depends on (yawn)

bro339
Overachiever

Post#3 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Toasty wrote:Orbit, which by the way accelerates all downloads to lightning speed.
unfortunately, i'll have to DISAGREE with ya on this..why you ask?? well, this depends on whether you are a free or a premium user..

free users normally do not enjoy download accelerator support so using a download manager to download as a free user has no difference as compared to downloading via a browser..

however, if a filehost do provide download accelerator support for free users, such as jumbofiles, uploadorb and glumbouploads, then using a download manager will definately improve your download speed..

next, (assuming that you have download accelerator support) if you are using your download manager to download the file, the download manager will download the files in parts, normally 8 parts (by default) before joining them once it is done downloading..therefore, neither media players, VLC or SMplayer will be able to play the file while it is downloading simply because they are in parts..

so, the only way to enjoy the video will be to wait till it is finished downloading and play it using a media player..

for more information on premium membership and download speeds, do take a look at the thread below..
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=69041

LordCWB
code of Deez

Post#4 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:02 pm

FUCK ORBIT... i hate that shit
Okayy........................... we are in a David Lynch movie......................... Where's the dwarf?.

Topic Author
Toasty
meh

Post#5 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:10 am

Hey Mr Smarty Pants know it all, actually this works with every single host icefilms is using right now, and I know because I have used it on every one of them, since this is how I watch things on icefilms. I don't know how if Orbit downloads it in parts, it still works. I understand what you're saying and I see that Orbit does indeed download it in parts as of course all download accelerators do, but it must be organized somehow so that it downloads it in order. I watch everything just fine with my little SMPlayer. I don't stream anything, nothing ever crashes or buffers. It also usually downloads quickly so by the time I do want to I CAN scroll to the part of the video that I want if it's getting boring. Etc. I don't have cable because why do I need it with icefilms and globolister. You, sir, who says that Orbit is a dumb program, must be an.. well, I'm not going to say, .......because it's always worked like a charm for me. I would probably still be dealing with lagging videos that decide stop loading out of nowhere in-browser DivX player and VLC player if it weren't for Orbit.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#6 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:17 am

Toasty wrote:. I don't stream anything,

???
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

bro339
Overachiever

Post#7 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:04 am

i guess what he meant was he dont stream the videos but download them and watch when they are done.. :)

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:23 am

Toasty, I understand your method and your point, but why do you think Orbit Downloader
is needed ? I think your method should work with JDownloader or DownThemAll also.
Also why SM Player when VLC can be used for that method ?
Actually, I don't care 'cos I'm using PotPlayer for streaming.Only issue are those unstreamable
MP4 files but that is the problem in all players.

Topic Author
Toasty
meh

Post#9 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:24 pm

thanks supernova, well because in orbit it takes 15 mins to download a movie

Topic Author
Toasty
meh

Post#10 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:27 am

Also, to use this method with Rapidshare.com, you have to click on download and then if you're in Google Chrome go to downloads by clicking the little tool wrench to your right on the tophand corner and cancel the download. Then right click on the url for that download there in blue and select copy link address and open up orbit, select create new download and paste it there. Even if it doesn't show up as recognizing the link as an avi file, if you press okay, it will still download it normally as an avi file.

Also, you could download a Google Chrome extension called Downloaders here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jaiojdjhoj

It lets you right click right on a link and select "Download this with Orbit"
Last edited by Toasty on Thu May 31, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vanguard
no0b

Post#11 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi,

I have tried this method by Toasty and I can tell you that my speeds are horrible.
I have also tried it with a few other link providers just to be sure and it is no better than me trying to stream it.
Unless there is another step to increase the speed? My current speed is 56ks/s. I know its not my internet that is slow. I have the fastest internet available to my country.

I will check back again to see if anyone has found a solution.

Thanks

Topic Author
Toasty
meh

Post#12 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Woah, that's weird. I am using orbit to download a file from Rapidshare.com, which is the slowest one out of all the providers, and my download speed is 388.18 kb/s

bro339
Overachiever

Post#13 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:28 am

toasty, you must have forgotten to mention that you have a premium account on RS..free users dont get such speeds.. :(

Return to “Tutorials”