Using IQS 5+ VLC and Basic Settings +Divx Player support

Tell us a little bit about yourself. We are happy to meet you.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
Way
RedTek

Using IQS 5+ VLC and Basic Settings +Divx Player support

Post#1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:13 am

After updating IQS Restart your browser to fix the blank tab issue.

IQS Installation Tutorials<<Click

Where and what to click on some hosts

VidHog

UploadOrb

MovReel

Glumbo

I hope you see the pattern here on how to do it ;)

Here is a copy of Hibbs post on the same topic it may be of more help? Different Pictures to read

Holy shit people, if you bothered to read anything before you just posted shit randomly, you would know the answer to your problem.

THE ICEFILM'S PLAYER DOESN'T LOAD AS SOON AS YOU GO TO THE HOST NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU HAVE TO CLICK SOME BUTTONS BEFORE IT APPEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me hold your hand and walk you through it since it's become apparent that some of you are unable to think and act for yourself.

Take the following steps to make the player window appear for each respective host. (assuming you are a free member and are not logged in, these steps might be slightly different if you are a registered or premium member, try not to get too lost. a little common sense goes a long way) These steps are assuming you have the latest IQS installed and have already clicked a source and been directed to the external file host's page.

Sharebees:
Step 1.

Step 2.

VidHog:
Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

GlumboUploads:
Step 1.

Step 2.

Movreel:
Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

180upload:
Step 1.

Step 2.

UploadOrb:
Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

Jumbofiles:
Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

BillionUploads:
Step 1.

Step 2.

If you still can't figure it out, you can't be helped and obviously require assistance to wipe your own ass.

How to manage plugins

FireFox
Greasemonkey>manage user scripts>plugins

Chrome
Click wrench icon in the toolbar>Settings>Under the Hood tab>Content settings in the "Privacy" section>disable individual plug-in's

IE
tools>manage add-on's

VLC
Benefits of using the VLC video player:
Support for MKV!!!, OGM, MP4, and FLV file types
Allows immediate seeking to any point in the file
Allows Queueing of videos (requires changing VLC settings)
No more disappearing mouse cursor
No more installing audio codecs
Lighter on file hosts' bandwidth
No more browser plugin headaches
Can close the browser without disrupting playback
No more audio sync issues
Supports skins
Supports external subtitles
400% volume
Custom zoom/aspect ratios (by pressing "C")

Install http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ for your OS/system.

NOTE:If you already have VLC, I would recommend resetting all preferences as we will start from scratch.

Default Preferences Instructions:
VLC >tools>preferences> click `Reset Preferences` at the bottom left

Pause Issue Fix:
VLC -> tools -> preferences -> show settings: all -> input/codecs -> access modules -> HTTP(S) -> Auto re-connect ->Save after each change

Start/Stop buffering fix:
VLC -> tools -> preferences -> show settings: all -> input/codecs -> scroll down to the bottom -> Network Caching (ms) -> Change value between 1000 ms - 60,000 ms

Note: 5000 ms is optimal but you will have to figure out which value works for you

VLC always on top:

Stream while downloading through VLC:
http://forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13460

Divx

Get it here:
Latest DWP
Windows (DivX Web Player 1.5)
Mac OS (DivX Web Player 1.4)

Note: V1.5 is the most stable version so updating may not work for everyone. If you have problems,remove the plug-in and re-install the old version.

The script will now detect if you have DWP(Divx Web Player) installed and will show you a 2nd play button if you do. It will also detect which version of DWP you have installed so the button will only appear if your version of DWP is capable of playing that specific filetype. Finally, if you've not installed DWP or the filetype is not playable in your version of DWP, the 2nd play button can become a Flash Player button. DWP 1.x will play AVI & DIVX files, DWP 2.x+ will play AVI, DIVX, MKV, MP4, & MOV files, and Flash will play MP4 & FLV.

IMPORTANT:Turn on the Divx web player plug-in. If you have the VLC plug-in, disable it.

IQS Player screenshot with 2 play buttons

Google Chrome
The new version of Chrome does not allow "Third Party Scripts" IQS
So you will have to install TamperMonkey <<Click will take you the Chrome Store for the install. It is like Greasemonky but for Chrome. You have to have this to install IQS with the new Chrome.
After you have IQS installed in Tampermonkey then check that it is Enabled>Turned ON>Green if not click on it and it will change from Red to Green.

Edit>
This is another way to install the script without Tampermonkey
Step 1: Open your Extension tab from the Tools menu ( chrome://chrome/extensions/ )
Step 2: Download the Script
Step 3: Drag the script from your download bar into the Extensions tab.

Internet Explorer

Install:
Trixie: http://www.bhelpuri.net/Trixie/TrixieDownload.htm No Longer Works
Use this link for Trixie it is a archive site http://web.archive.org/web/201009172140 ... wnload.htm
IQS: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/58869
Divx: See "Divx Support"
Optional
VLC: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Trixie Installation Tutorial:
Click install and save target as. You can try saving to this location:"C:\Program Files\Bhelpuri\Trixie\Scripts\"

Or

Step 1 - Click install
Step 2 - a pop up at the bottom comes up
Step 3 - open/save>click save now
Step 4 - click view downloads
Step 5 - View and Track your downloads
Step 6 - Right click the script >open containing folder from the drop down
Step 7 - window will open to it's saved location>find it: (58869.user.js)
Step 8 - cut/paste or drag and drop to "C:\Program Files\Bhelpuri\Trixie\Scripts folder
Step 9 - Restart browser(IE)
Step 10 - Go to: Tools>trixie options>Ensure IceQuickStream script is checked.

Firefox

Step 1: Install the Greasemonkey add-on
Step 2: Install the Script

How to install Greasemonkey in Firefox
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=610

Help Section great for searching for problems and asking for Help.
viewforum.php?f=24

Tutorial: Most Useful Forum Functions Explained
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10392

Forum Search
search.php

Advanced Settings VLC (audio normalizer, video full screen-force aspect ratio, older version of VLC) This was the original Tutorial I made. So most things above will also be here plus the advanced settings.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=68520
Last edited by Abe on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: IQS 5.0 Using VLC and Basic Settings

Post#2 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 am

Good post Wayhigh (y)
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

campjnc
meh

Post#3 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:53 am

Thank you Thank you!!! Much appreciated, I went through and fixed all my settings and my streaming is working great!
CampJnC

mathews157
meh

Post#4 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Good One.
Jumping ahead in the video does cause some problems

Topic Author
Way
RedTek

Post#5 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 pm

"Streaming" describes the act of playing media on one device when the media is saved on another. The media could be saved on a computer, media server (file host) or network attached server (NAS) on your home network (hard drive of a second computer). A network media player can access that file and play it on your home theater. The file does not need to be moved or copied to the device that is playing it.
The media you want to play could come from an online website(Like the hosts here), or Netflix music sites like Pandora, Rhapsody and last.fm, are examples of websites that stream movies and music to your computer and/or network media player. When you click to play a video on YouTube or a TV show on ABC, NBC, CBS or Hulu, you are streaming the media from that website to your computer or network media player (Downloading from there to you). Streaming happens in real time; the file is delivered to your computer (downloaded) and played at the same time.
The other way to play media on your network media player or computer is to "download" the file. When a file is downloaded from a website, the file is saved to your computer's or network media player’s hard drive. When you download a file, you can play the file at a later time.
But no matter whether Downloading or Streaming the file comes from there to you "downloaded" streaming from Youtube is also downloading the difference is the file is saved to a temp/cache folder that will be deleted when you clear browser cache. This is why we tell you when ever you have a problem to clear browser cache and divx cache.

A website that streams video will often have a "buffer." Several seconds of video is streamed to your computer or network media player in order to keep the video playing in the event of an interruption of the internet connection.
You must have a fast connection so there aren't pauses or hiccups in the video playback. Higher quality video -- high definition video with digital surround sound -- requires a faster connection. (Divx downloaded a buffer temp file that was saved on your system until you cleaned your divx cache folder if you didn't then it is still on your system) You can still do the same thing with the new script it is just called download as everything is downloaded then this should not be an issue.

You must have a fast internet connection to stream high definition videos from the internet without interruption. It is best to have an internet connection of at least 2 megabits per second (Mbps). HD video may require over 3 Mbps so the video doesn't not have to pause as it buffers.
When streaming from the internet, it is not only the speed of your connection that guarantees a smooth viewing experience. Factors such as the amount of traffic on the website -- that is, the number of people watching videos at the same time -- and the speed of the websites server connection can influence how well the the media is streamed to you.

So you have to have a fast ISP connection and a fast connection to the host if you don't have both of these you will have the buffer problem.
If this is the case then you can download the file it is just like before with the divx Temp download file that was saved on your system until deleted when you cleared your divx cache folder.
(It was always downloaded)
Everything you access from the internet even this post is downloaded to your computer!!!!

I hope you all now understand that there is no magic stream it is simply downloading.

You will have to test which hosts work better for you depending on where you live and the hosts server location to you, you may have better luck with one or the other. If none of the host are fast for you then be patient and wait on the slow free speeds or get out the $$$ and get a Premium account.... until more/different hosts are added this is it....

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#6 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:12 pm

I have a tear in my eye over the excellence of this post.....

You deserve big Time Kudo's for this one Wayhigh!

Topic Author
Way
RedTek

Post#7 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Aight I have tried to help and figure out something to help the people with the buffer problems.
So far I have suggested things and this is just that another suggestion.
I have tried it on all the hosts as a free user, and have had good luck.
I used my old ass dell system so no super computer plus it is on a wireless connection. I can tell you the longer it is to start then the slower the connection speed and the more likely you are to have some buffering hangs but I have watched a whole movie from sharebees as a free user with none.

So I found out that the old version of VLC 1.1.11 will allow a larger cache time ;)

I don't know what amount you should use i don't have any problems with 300ms so you decide on your own what amount to use. This is just for the people that have problems and complain the 60K(ms) on the new version is to small.
Here are some times in ms.
5 minutes = 300 000 milliseconds
15 minutes = 900 000 milliseconds
30 minutes = 1 800 000 milliseconds
1 hour = 3 600 000 milliseconds
2 hour = 7 200 000 milliseconds
999 999 999 milliseconds = 277.777778 hours

Here are the VLC download from VLC site http://download.videolan.org/pub/videol ... -win32.exe or the zip file of the same http://download.videolan.org/pub/videol ... -win32.zip
Or from here windows http://www.oldapps.com/VLC_Player.php?old_vlc=51

And the Macs still from VLC site http://download.videolan.org/pub/videol ... 11/macosx/ you pick what you need Im a mac idiot.
Or from here mac http://mac.oldapps.com/vlc_player.php

You may even find that one version works better for you than others there are several.

Topic Author
Way
RedTek

Re: Using IQS 5+ VLC and Basic Settings +Divx Player support

Post#8 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:01 pm

Ok I'm not sure if all of the above is still correct. I've been lazy but it is a basic template to get you started until I or someone else redoes it.
For Window's 10 users with the new Edge browser this the the Tutorial to make the bookmarklet work. Thanks to Error for this one ;)
viewtopic.php?f=35&p=258798&sid=70c5e287b135106f1daecd4ff04e7612#p258798

Topic Author
Way
RedTek

Re: Using IQS 5+ VLC and Basic Settings +Divx Player support

Post#9 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:58 pm

Return to “Introductions”