Temporary forum........never again.

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Topic Author
Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Temporary forum........never again.

Post#1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:56 am

Zero point in ever doing that again.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

day7
Cuppy Cake

Re: Temporary forum........never again.

Post#2 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:34 am

Why. ?

feral_shade
Average User

Post#3 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:53 am

Yeah, it was probably more trouble than it was worth--though it did help sustain site loyalty and morale, and the value of that can't be understated. It's reassuring to check in and see that the admins are still alive and kicking, and not in some prison in Narnia, lol

Maybe next time, a simple page with a very brief daily update might work just as well?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#4 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:02 pm

But not near as much fun!

fewolfhunter
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Wow great job guys! I did not expect to see this until after the new year! Now everyone can relax and spend some time with family and friends. The temp forum was a good place for troll zombies and gave hope to others.

Topic Author
Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#6 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:05 pm

day7 wrote:Why. ?

Zero point in me doing it. I vote day7 to mod any future temps.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#7 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:27 pm

I will take care of it. Just pray it wont happen again.

day7
Cuppy Cake

Post#8 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:11 am

You don't want me to mod, i'd ban russ! lol

feral_shade
Average User

Post#9 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to have a backup domain on reserve

...or do most companies only lease one out if it's going to be used immediately and actively?

(I ask because a lot of offline businesses have a backup facility (with barebones equipment/records) so if they're hit by an earthquake or Godzilla or something, their operations have barely any disruption. I wasn't sure if any similar options were feasible for online-only organizations.)

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#10 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:47 pm

Possibly, but you cannot imagine how complex this Website is. And it takes an inordinate amount of hardware. I will bring it before the Ice Gods though.

feral_shade
Average User

Post#11 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Thanks...the idea's been rolling around in the back of my head for a while. I generally like to think of ways to keep things running efficiently...it's both a fun puzzle and instinctive reflex for me, lol. I was hesitant to mention anything here though because I was afraid it might be misinterpreted as harsh criticism. With some people, you could casually be like, "hey I have a weird idea..." and they'd snap back, "JUST WHO THE @#%$ DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!". It's just hard to tell sometimes, lol

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#12 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:36 pm

Those weird ideas are how we all met.

Return to “Off Topic”