Loving 720p HEVC x265 files...........

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Topic Author
Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Loving 720p HEVC x265 files...........

Post#1 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:28 pm

.....As I near my data cap, 50 GB left out of 175GB, during 'recovery' operations.

Though it isn't perfect, last night's Gotham at 160MB [720p.mkv] was full of artefacts in both foreground and background when compared to the previous week's episode at x264 720p ~728MB. Almost as bad as a poorly done mp4 or .avi before XviD. On the other hand, last night's BigBang Theory was excellent viewing at ~100MB in size.
So I guess its who makes the file that counts.
So, pick and chose according to how much a show is in my favourites, and I should be able to get by without any overage charges.

The HEVC x265 may be a great alternative to SD .mp4 especially for those with smaller HDDs and budgets than I do.

Here is hoping, Russ, Abe and the other staff would consider including them for all here.

Comments not necessary but welcome anyhow.

Thank You to Russtronic™ for my sig!

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: Loving 720p HEVC x265 files...........

Post#2 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:49 pm

I put up as many as I can find for the daily line-up.

It should also be said; the hevc releases come at the tail end, so I usually can only get them up an hour or so after the big releases.

I started adding them here and there to gauge the response, and it seems people want them. Look for movies in the future. If you see Repdaddy added it, it is likely to be hevc.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Loving 720p HEVC x265 files...........

Post#3 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:35 pm

Thanks Rep.

Thank You to Russtronic™ for my sig!

Return to “Off Topic”