Your Ghost Stories

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Topic Author
rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Your Ghost Stories

Post#1 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:53 pm

As long as I'm reading about bats and nurses' hospital ghost stories, I thought we could post a few of our own ghost stories here. I'll throw out the first ball......

Decades and decades ago, I was staying with my grandmother for the summer and got a job housesitting for some friends of hers for a couple of weeks while I was there. The woman I was housesitting for was a widow, with two grown sons in college and a daughter she was taking with her on vacation. Their house was one of those old, dark, narrow houses with a finished attic the woman's boys had slept in. To get to the attic, you opened a door in the hallway, went up the stairs, and then walked around the stairwell into the finished bedroom. The attic had kneewalls with storage behind them and the doors that were cut into the kneewalls were kept shut by a hook and eye.

I had been given permission to go upstairs and look at the books the boys had left so after a couple days there, that's what I did. After getting to the top of the stairs, I walked around the stairwell and passed by a door in the kneewall that was hanging open. I got some books and went back downstairs.

Several days later, I went up to get some more books. I noticed the open door in the kneewall as soon as I got into the attic. I was annoyed, because I was sure I had shut it on my way down the last time I had been up there. I still couldn't tell you if I had or not, but this time on the way down with some more books, I know I shut the door and dropped the hook into the eyelet.

Several days later I went back upstairs to return the books and as I came around the stairwell, I saw the door was open again. I threw the books across the room from where I stood (no WAY was I going to walk past that door again!), ran downstairs like a scalded scardy-cat, and slammed the door shut.

Once I was downstairs, I felt perfectly safe.

When the family came home, in amongst all the unpacking and talking, I asked the mother very casually if her house was haunted. She told me that years before her daughter was born and before the attic was finished, she would always hear someone walking across the floor upstairs. She said she tried to get her husband to go upstairs because she thought someone had broken in. Her husband kept telling her it was squirrels. But she said to me, "I just know those were footsteps I heard up there."

We didn't get another chance to talk and I never was able to ask her about her house again before she died.
Last edited by rodentraiser on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Topic Author
rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Your Ghost Stories

Post#2 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Oh, come on, you guys! Someone has to have a story besides me? Would I get more responses if I posted a thread asking for your best comebacks to obscene phone calls?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#3 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:26 am

Oh I have a million of those and a few ghost stories also. When I am feeling better I will share a few. Hell my other house used to be a OLLLD school house and there are many ghosts there. Seeing them is daily occurrence. You just get used to it.

Topic Author
rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:55 pm

Hmmm.........

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#5 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Keep asking. I forgot about this thread. I have had a 8 migraine all day. Has never happened before. Am going to the Dr. tomorrow.

mariad
Average User

Post#6 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:15 am

Well, i have something to share as well. It happened with my aunt. She had the habit of waking up early and dusting the house. Her husband had a small office made on the first floor. She woke up and went to the kitchen, did some chores and then proceeded to the first floor to clean it. When she goes up the stairs, she sees her husband going into the office. She even asks him what is he doing so early in the office. Her husband just looks at her and without uttering a word goes in the office. She cleans the area and moves back down to get started with the breakfast when she sees her husband coming out of the room yawning. This was when she freaked out. If he has just woke up, who the hell was in the office. The incident happened just once and it freak out all of us when we heard it.
Still gives me chills thinking about it.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#7 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:28 pm

WOW, Thanks. I have had similar stuff happen was going to put it into the Time , Dimensional Rift Section that I haven't made yet, probably not till 2014.

Topic Author
rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:49 pm

I think it's in Norway that precognition is so common they even have a name for it. Usually it's footsteps coming up the walkway. A lot of wives hear the footsteps and know their husbands will be home soon, so they start making tea or supper to have it ready when their husbands actually arrive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vard%C3%B8ger

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#9 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:20 pm

I know a little about a lot of stuff am usually not surprised by anything anymore but you have taught me something new and I am very grateful. Thank you.

Topic Author
rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#10 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:17 am

You're welcome. Wait till you get the bill. (rofl)

mariad
Average User

Post#11 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:17 am

rodentraiser wrote:I think it's in Norway that precognition is so common they even have a name for it. Usually it's footsteps coming up the walkway. A lot of wives hear the footsteps and know their husbands will be home soon, so they start making tea or supper to have it ready when their husbands actually arrive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vard%C3%B8ger

At least the husband would not have to wait for tea and supper.

Return to “Off Topic”