Laptop without os

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Topic Author
heygirlfriend007
Heart on for IceFlims

Laptop without os

Post#1 » Sun May 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi guys, my dad gave me his old laptop but he accidentally wiped off everything including the operating system. I have the sticker on the back of the laptop with the Windows 7 product key but I don't have Windows 7 period so my question is can I install any old Windows 7 and use this product key? And then I guess a follow-up question is where the heck can I get a Windows 7 Operating System? Of all the people in the world I could ask, I figured somebody here probably really knows their stuff.
HG007

mariad
Average User

Re: Laptop without os

Post#2 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:08 am

I don''t think so, you could also use the windows 10 operating system.
With the recent cyber attack, my system crashed and was windows 7, now have got the windows 10 installed on the machine. So, far working good.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#3 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:40 am

Yes you can use any Win 7 disc and just use the product key.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#4 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:49 am

As long as you have a legitimate product key, you should be able to get the OS from Microsoft. Do a search for "download Windows7 legally" to find instructables.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

mariad
Average User

Post#5 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:10 am

My question is why download windows 7 again in the first place. Or is there an updated version that would help to curb the cyber attacks?

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#6 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:24 am

mariad wrote:My question is why download windows 7 again in the first place

heygirlfriend007 wrote: but I don't have Windows 7 period

Probably why.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Return to “Off Topic”