Christopher Hitchens Vs Frank Turek Debate

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Topic Author
ThoughtProcess
Heart on for IceFlims

Christopher Hitchens Vs Frank Turek Debate

Post#1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:20 pm

"I have decided to settle accounts with the nation of Amalek for opposing Israel when they came from Egypt. Now go and completely destroy the entire Amalekite nation--men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, camels, and donkeys." - God

Topic Author
ThoughtProcess
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Christopher Hitchens Vs Frank Turek Debate

Post#2 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:23 pm

Hitchens demolishes Turek in this debate.
"I have decided to settle accounts with the nation of Amalek for opposing Israel when they came from Egypt. Now go and completely destroy the entire Amalekite nation--men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, camels, and donkeys." - God

Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#3 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:37 pm

Another quality post my friend. For more Hitchens fun:

[megavideo]http://www.megavideo.com/?v=NZG2C0QE[/megavideo]

Makes me proud to be British.
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#4 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:29 pm

im just listening to the christian right now... he is spending all his time making an argument for a creator. but in no way does any of that prove the existence of a personal god or the rightiousness of any religion.

...2 hours later...

i hate myself for watching this entire debate. it full of so much bullshit... repetition, ignorance, missed points, stupid points, name dropping... :roll:

Hitchens needs to shut the fuck up and get to his point... that bitch digresses like a motherfucker. It wasn't an overwhelming win. I would have rather listened to the moderator talk for the entire 2 hours.

instead of wasting ur time on this garbage, you should watch the Richard Dawkins documentary Root of All Evil? (2006)
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Topic Author
ThoughtProcess
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:48 am

:lol: I could listen to Hitchens all day. Well, not so much anymore as I've read his book and watched a lot of his debates within a pretty short time span, but I think he has a lot to offer. He offers so many insightful points and tidbits of information when he digresses that it makes it worth it to hear him out ... in my opinion. I think he kicks the shit out of the majority of his opponents with the exception being William Lane Craig. He was just off his game in that one. I agree that everyone should check out "The Root of All Evil" though >:)

Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#6 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:29 am

I agree with Abemore that there is too much digression and name dropping but like Thoughtprocess123 i too could listen to him all day (like Stephen Fry).

The blantant arrogance of 'i know the creator' in such a short span of human knowledge stinks and can't realisitcally be reasoned with. It's blind faith personified.
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

Return to “Off Topic”