HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#406 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:22 pm

I know.. Every one seems to have drifted away...

rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#407 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:24 pm

I believe in George Carlin.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#408 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Well ya, but I think that just a bunch of "Stuff".........

Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#409 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:11 pm

rodentraiser wrote:I believe in George Carlin.

For me the late great G.C.'s 1999 Movie "Dogma" , he always espoused my thoughts much better than I could, I tend to get angry and wound up, and become what I despise most about TV preachers. I got a real good 4.5GiB copy of it.

The second, "The Man From Earth", year [2007], all I have is a grainy .avi* and still looking for a better copy. What the principal character says towards the latter half of the movie, especially when he revealed to the religious nut of the group, who he used to be, what he has to say is quite thought provoking and dovetails with some of what I believe. In particular what the early Catholic church drummed up as a means of population behaviour control, i.e. for instance, the whole bug-a-boo over witchcraft as a means {conspiracy} to wrestle control away from women. Indeed, long before the three Abraham-ist religions raised their ugly heads, most societies on Earth were matriarchal, partially caused by the fact that only women could have babies, but in some instances, like Egypt, Europe and Nordics, women were blamed if they couldn't produce sons, but that took place in those cultures where the men took over as leaders.{They didn't know about X/Y and 'shooting blanks' though} Also women knew more about real medicine because as the 'gatherers' they knew through centuries of trial and error what roots and herbs really worked for what ailment, whereas all men and shamans could come up with was superstition. Not trying to be anti-male here, after all, I am one, but the mistakes of the past, and today are all about power and control and agendas. Just look at the mess the planet is in these days.

Now the above paragraph is quite simplistic, I admit, needing to go into more detail is something akin to doing one's thesis to earn a doctorate, something I don't have the time to get into at the moment. One could knock it in any debate by pointing out bad female leadership within recent history, examples like Indira Gandhi [India] and Golda Maier[Israel] though if one digs, you could probably find examples of poor advice given to them and bad government overall.

EDIT: Spoke too soon...... *found a BR rip torrent, d/l 'ing now.

Carlin's movie has an interesting twist in it, though I won't give away any spoilers, if you all haven't viewed it yet.

Thank You to Russtronic™ for my sig!

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#410 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:23 pm

I loved "Dogma" the biggest thing I loved (And have drummed into my kids) is his skit on "Stuff" that is the real example of his Genius.

rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#411 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:18 pm

Well, I hate to be the lone dissenter of 'stuff' but I have always loved my possessions. I've got stuff (no pun intended) from 40 years ago. I think it's because my stuff is the only family I ever had. If push came to shove I'd get rid of it, but probably not before a real serious push.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#412 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:34 pm

Everybody has their own "Stuff"

Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#413 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:57 am

Well, my cheesecloth memory, I really don't remember his skit on "Stuff", but if you liked "Dogma"
and you can take 90 minutes of a philosophical, round-table style of discussion, get a copy of "The Man From Earth". It is basically the story that the NBC/Paramount censors wouldn't let Jerome Bixby put on the air in 1968, too worried about the bible belts of North America [oh we have them in the great white north, just not as radical] so it became the "Requiem for Methuselah" episode of the third season of Star Trek, with nothing controversial in it.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#414 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:09 am

I have seen it.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#415 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:13 am

Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#416 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:10 am

OK, thanks Russ, I remember now.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#417 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:57 pm

I just went and spent another $97 at Wallyworld I did get some Stuff but most was food. I believe that this is in the Proper Venue as above all else "The World" Worships "STUFF!"

rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#418 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:04 pm

I was looking at getting another dollhouse. It's a great deal, but I have two I'm already working on, one put together that needs to be finished, and two kits stuffed (haha) under the sofa. So for once in my life, I'm being smart and not buying it.

I just watched George Carlin Jammin' in New York. Man, I sure miss him.

Return to “Off Topic”