HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#346 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:22 pm

I am pretty sure that most of us Deep Down Know this to be True, Bisc. We are just to afaid to admit it. (sad)

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#347 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:11 pm

Thanks Bisc.
I think that video would fit well in "The Pale Blue Dot" thread as well.
(If you haven't already posted it there).
-z

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#348 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Here is a video you may find of interest and is relevant to the thread because it is about the
future of the philosophy of nature using the language of mathematics.
(As opposed to the future of the philosophy of nature using the language that science used 5000 years ago.)

For some it may have a slow start, hang in there until around until 3:30.
David Gross is a Nobel winner.
Prof. David Gross - The Future of Physics

This video is all about my beliefs...
-z

Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#349 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:03 pm

"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#350 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:35 pm

I have posted my thoughts on this subject from time to time throughout this thread. But (And by the way I have Seen a number of these "Matrix" Modeled Seminars.) But I see no reason for anymore thought given to the Higher Power debate in anyone's day then what is needed. As far as The Bible, The Koran, The Torah, They are all very good For Quick Right and Wrong Guidelines.
I haven't Posted anything about some of the things I was entrusted with in my teens. Because of the discredit campaign for all that I am about to tell you(and some of you probably know these things also but it doesn't sway you from your beliefs) ((and I am the last person that would try to do that)) But we need open our minds to the fact that there were very advanced civilizations, Before the Bible say... Hell the Egyptians knew how to electroplate jewelry 20,000 yrs before Christ.
There are so many things that have been found and reburied because it doesn't fit with the long held theory's or religious beliefs.... So they are hidden or destroyed in the name of faith.
If you want a starting place look up Egyptian Battery's. I have viewed pictures taken in the 1880's of these and many more things that are said to be Crazy today. My mother was a very well respected antique dealer.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#351 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#352 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:17 pm

There is a misinformation campaign going on in the world. People don't know how to tell truth from untruth. This misinformation is pervasive in all areas of our lives.
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#353 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:29 pm

The Futurama one is my favorite. Straight and to the point.

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#354 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Here's my favorite argument against the existence of a Benevolent Creator God: (it's a variation of "the problem of evil")

In short, rape is possible.

When a man decides, "I want to violently rape that woman," what kind of sadistic god would have created man with the biological ability to have and keep an erection in such a circumstance?

Freewill is not the rebuttal because erections are not subject to the will.

Therefore, "God" is either evil, or stupid, or weak, or he doesn't exist at all.

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#355 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:46 pm

(think) I'd blame one of the other gods.
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#356 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:22 pm

I don't believe we were all built in a shop somewhere. I believe we are part of an Amazing Universe. Where everything is alive in it's own way! From the center of a Blazing Sun, to the Darkest part of Space. Where ever there is matter there is life and now we all know there is matter everywhere.

Now who is to say that in this Amazing Place that we Live, there is no Omnipotent Being? Or Beings?

That's like saying we are alone in this Infinite Expanse! I believe that Anything and Everything is Possible!

Just because you can't see it, or understand it, or touch it, doesn't mean it is not so.......

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#357 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:14 am

Russtronic wrote:who is to say that in this Amazing Place that we Live, there is no Omnipotent Being? Or Beings?

"Not I," said the Abe.

I'm only saying a benevolent creator god is impossible due to the problem of evil.

I am not saying all omnipotent beings are impossible.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#358 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:28 am

Russtronic wrote:I don't believe we were all built in a shop somewhere.

There you go.. There is no way that Rape or Murder could fit into any benevolent beings plan for it all. Now it does in Evolution..... Along with all those in Evolution there has to be WAR and Famine and even Plague.
And along with that goes the Evolution of the Universe... So more likely than not 99% of the little Green men's space projects were financed and crewed by their planets military!
Sorry for the cold splash but why would they be any different then us?

Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#359 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:07 am

Are you speaking as an American there?
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

wolviex
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#360 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:17 am

why is it always personified? you know, the benevolent creator god and all..

I toy with the idea that there is a force or system, similar to those we know about (like weather and nature) that just operates on a higher plane that we can really grasp. I mean, maybe it's perfectly natural for all of the "coincidences" that religious people find. Maybe it's our perspective of time that screws it all up for us. If everything that ever existed does so simultaneously, then perhaps we can affect things that are not apparently cause and effect, thus miracles are just normal interactions that we can't follow.

Or maybe it's a matter of scale? I mean to ants, we have to seem like god. And they have no idea that one god that walks by is not the same as the next 'god' to walk by. Maybe our entire planet is just an atom or something in a bigger system, whose rules we follow without realizing it even exists... Then it gets scary, what happens when our atom gets knocked off the table? would we necessarily even have to know about it?

Maybe there are people living on our atoms!
Maybe we're a science experiment for a snot nosed 5th grade superior being?

Is there really any conclusive way to know for sure, about anything?
I think that not knowing is what makes it fun! If I had all the answers, I'd be bored as hell!
-WolvieX
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum ingens et proiciam.
(I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head)

Return to “Off Topic”