HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...
User avatar

zampaz
Sex Robot
Posts: 753

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#376 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:39 am

Russtronic wrote:That is exactly it! There is no way to explain Infinity......... Things that Can't be grasped by our tiny little brains(And they are HUGE by Earths standards) that's right by an infinite Universe our brains are nothing....

We'll go very far someday when we can model the brain, thought and imagination.
Although I can't grasp infinity, I can manipulate it and use it in an equation!
-z

User avatar

zampaz
Sex Robot
Posts: 753

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#377 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Xerxys wrote:Maybe religion exists so that people can know the answer to the one and true question. What is more important?
Image


Science!
With science I take the bacon. As a male scientist with bacon, I'll know that
the female primate chooses the mate.
And females will prefer male scientists with bacon, signs of intelligence and prosperity which increase the chances of fat and happy offspring. It is therefore logical to assume, but
as yet unproven, that male scientists with bacon are likely to get women and hence have
both.
Alas it has been proven that having both bacon and women results in interesting times for male scientists which is exactly what the Chinese warned us against.
-z

User avatar

Russtronic™
Jeddak
Posts: 6788
Contact:

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#378 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:05 pm

zampaz wrote:Alas it has been proven that having both bacon and women results in interesting times for male scientists which is exactly what the Chinese warned us against.


Amen to that! I have had that said to me so much in my life, my father said it is going on my head stone. And exactly what you said for the reason. Now I understand. LOL
Image

Image

User avatar

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle
Posts: 1509
Contact:

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#379 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:58 pm

r!co wrote:we all in some ways want to feel important.

I say this all the time. This is what drives everyone to do everything (after sex and survival). Freud called it a desire to be great.

Take, for instance, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs:

Image

The bottom 2 levels are basically sex and survival, and every level above that has 'feeling important' at it's core. It is why any of us bother to post on the internet. There is also a massive amount of negative behavior that can give us an instant feeling of importance.

----

For my next trick I want to talk about what makes humans different from other life. It is our memory. I had this epiphany after I experienced amnesia. Descartes was not quite right. He should have said, "I remember, therefore I am," because memory allows us to think. Memory allows us to learn. Memory allows language & communication. Memory allows us to identify the passage of time. Without it, we are nothing more than biological robots of chemical cause & effect like a tree. Our animal cousins seem to have varying yet lesser degrees of memory capacity. (This in mind, I really enjoyed the film Rise of the Planet of the Apes.)

----

And finally, cant grasp infinity??? Of course we can! That's why we created a word for it! Zero is the same way. Our "tiny brains" are capable of a lot. After all, we invented Gods & religions, superstitions & spirituality.
"Lets burn this mother down!"


* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

User avatar

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed
Posts: 3640

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#380 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:05 pm

Lets go back to the age of the greek gods, those guys seemed cool.

User avatar

Russtronic™
Jeddak
Posts: 6788
Contact:

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#381 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Abe wrote:And finally, cant grasp infinity??? Of course we can! That's why we created a word for it! Zero is the same way. Our "tiny brains" are capable of a lot. After all, we invented Gods & religions, superstitions & spirituality.


Abe you and I, and every one in the forum, can probably grasp infinity. And if we were born with the same genetics and attributes 2000 years ago, we could probably still grasp it. But think about the population then.

Zero is a Number... Math doesn't work without Zero. Zero is nothing. Infinity, is in the truest sense, Everything.

Superstition, Religion and Gods take us to other planes in this discussion.. Are we completely ruling out past advanced civilizations?
Image

Image

User avatar

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle
Posts: 1509
Contact:

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#382 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:07 am

I think infinity is easy for anyone to understand, no matter how primitive the person is. Fire an arrow or see a shooting star and imagine it just keeps going. Easy. Maybe that stream goes on forever. If you disagree, no big deal. It's just my opinion.

Russtronic wrote:Are we completely ruling out past advanced civilizations?

I thought someone commented on this already. It is often underestimated what the people of ancient times could have learned on their own. There is no good evidence that aliens or supernatural beings visited them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts
"Lets burn this mother down!"


* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

User avatar

Russtronic™
Jeddak
Posts: 6788
Contact:

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#383 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:02 am

Yes I did also. It is a no brainer! Just that 1300 BC Egyptian jewelry was Electroplated should be the first clue..And why haven't the 20+ year videos of the last tomb they put the snake cam in been released? I am not a conspiracy nut just a realist. There are coverups because it doesn't fit with Bible,Torah or Koran...In 1932 a Indiana Jones type found a Tunnel drilled just off of, straight down, in the top of a mountain in South America. It is a perfectly round seamless tunnel, that according to the gov't today, doesn't exist.. There are many many more.. Look here for 5 unexplained mysteries, that they can't say don't exist...

http://downtherabbithole.posterous.com/top-5-unexplained-discoveries

Now if this doesn't make you question (or Answer) your beliefs. Then this discussion has been a lost cause..
Image

Image

User avatar

Xerxys
Sex Robot
Posts: 2789

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#384 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:22 am

I also believe that Human Beings on planet Earth are amongst the first generation of civilized creatures. Meaning if there exist civilizations ahead of us, they can't be ahead more than 2,000+/- years ...

My reason for this belief is because of the age of the universe (16+ Billion years) and the age of our sun (4.5+ Billion years) ... given that the sun is a second or maybe 3rd generation star, and the fact that life on Earth began in very unlikely situations, and we were stuck in single cell organism form longer than we should have ... it's possible we are among the first creatures to become self aware.

Then again, my belief is VERY speculative. Maybe the seeding of life through asteroid bombardment isn't that unlikely at all. Maybe 1,000 years of being stuck in the dark ages is actually a BIG deal for our social as well as physical evolution. But what's for sure is, self awareness occurs simply a result of a trait not being naturally selected out of the gene pool for it has no bearing on the base survival instincts. In fact, had we have waited long enough, I would wager the dinosaurs would've evolved again because they were simpler life forms.

Whats the point of typing all this? I dunno, I just wanna share ... sharing is caring :)
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

User avatar

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed
Posts: 3640

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#385 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:03 am

I personaly think that if it wasn't for the dark ages, we would be colonizing space right now. for 700 plus years we went backwards. The roman civilization, had a sewer system in the works, and then for some reason we just decided that wasn't needed any more.
That Is just a stupid example, but its one of the main reason why I hate religion so much. 700 years of wasted human potential, because science was magic and tool of the devil. Bah to that shit.

User avatar

Russtronic™
Jeddak
Posts: 6788
Contact:

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#386 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:54 am

Xer look at the link I posted the first pic is 5000 yrs old.. it is there look it up it is huge.. I know what it was do you?
Image

Image

User avatar

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle
Posts: 1509
Contact:

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#387 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Russtronic wrote:Yes I did also. It is a no brainer! Just that 1300 BC Egyptian jewelry was Electroplated should be the first clue..And why haven't the 20+ year videos of the last tomb they put the snake cam in been released? I am not a conspiracy nut just a realist. There are coverups because it doesn't fit with Bible,Torah or Koran...In 1932 a Indiana Jones type found a Tunnel drilled just off of, straight down, in the top of a mountain in South America. It is a perfectly round seamless tunnel, that according to the gov't today, doesn't exist.. There are many many more.. Look here for 5 unexplained mysteries, that they can't say don't exist...

http://downtherabbithole.posterous.com/top-5-unexplained-discoveries

Now if this doesn't make you question (or Answer) your beliefs. Then this discussion has been a lost cause..

Russ, your link of unexplained mysteries is underwhelming. You sound exactly like a conspiracy theorist. You say you're, "not a conspiracy nut", but then in your next sentence, you launch right into a conspiracy theory, "There are coverups because it doesn't fit with Bible..."
The worst kind of conspiracy theorist doesn't know he's doing it.

Look at all the examples in this wiki article...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-place_artifact
2 Examples
. 2.1 Entirely fictional
. 2.2 Probably debunked
. . 2.2.1 Modern-day creations
. . 2.2.2 Natural objects mistaken for artifacts
. . 2.2.3 Erroneously dated objects
. 2.3 Unconfirmed objects
. 2.4 Unorthodox interpretations of real ancient artifacts
. 2.5 Formerly orthodox interpretations of artifacts
. 2.6 Partially validated
. 2.7 Fully validated

Let us also consider Occam's Razor:
Could man have made that?
- Yes.
Okay, problem solved.
- But man was taught how to make that by aliens and angels and Bigfoot and ghosts.
Occam's Razor tells us we don't need that additional nonsense when it is not necessary to explain something. There are a few remarkable people in the world today. Certainly there could have been a few in ancient times too.

I could find no evidence of ancient electroplated jewelry. Some ppl suggest ancient batteries were used for medicinal purposes. Even if they did electroplate, it says nothing of ancient visitors. Occam's Razor.
"Lets burn this mother down!"


* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

User avatar

Russtronic™
Jeddak
Posts: 6788
Contact:

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#388 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:04 pm

I don't believe we were visited by Aliens. I am more of the opinion that there was an advanced civilization of man, and that some disaster, whether cosmic or man made, caused us to fall back to the dark ages, on a far greater scale than the mini one in the middle ages.

As far as the Baghdad Battery in some Estate Sale stuff my mother got when I was 11 yrs old there were some pictures From All over the world including some from Egypt. The one's That fascinated me the most were of Great Rooms by the pyramids filled with 80 -110 Stone Jars just sitting there. They held approx 80 gallons of liquid if filled. The leaders of all the fields studying these jars at first thought it was for Water storage even though there was running water avail in side . But they could never figure out the Lead strips in them.. In the 60's they were Called a hoax from the 30's and soon forgotten but my pics and letters were dated 1909.

My mother was a Antique Dealer.. When she died her Metal/Beaded Bag Purse collection went to the Smithsonian.
I don't post hearsay
Image

Image

User avatar

Russtronic™
Jeddak
Posts: 6788
Contact:

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#389 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:08 pm

You are right I had not seen the last report on the pipes.. But there is some stuff left out of that report Also. I have seen the Navaho pipes. Since they are still used I always assumed they were man made. But I have a feeling they were just adapted to human use.
These are things that I have taken for granted as fact since I was a boy.. The Antikythera mechanism, Wow I sure could have used Wikipedia when I was a kid.. So I have to rethink my whole my whole way of thinking. I understand the debunking but what of the jars?
Image

Image

User avatar

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed
Posts: 3640

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#390 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Image

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests