HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Re: HELLO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE! I have an honest question for you.

Post#391 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Starfox wrote:Image
Starfox, that image is ossum! :D

----

Russ, Here's the info on your jars:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery
Russtronic wrote:I don't believe we were visited by Aliens. I am more of the opinion that there was an advanced civilization of man, and that some disaster, whether cosmic or man made, caused us to fall back to the dark ages, on a far greater scale than the mini one in the middle ages.

Okay, let's say you are completely right. Ancient civilization was slightly more advanced than we thought. So what? Lets take it further and say they were super advanced before being wiped out by a disaster. We still only have a few jars and some other nik-naks. We just don't have the evidence to support this position. And even if we did have considerable corroborating evidence, so what? We are more advanced today than they ever were. You're just spinning your wheels. Mysteries and conspiracies are exciting. But there is a lot of misinformation out there that can be a huge waste of time. There are plenty of actual real world mysteries and challenges to occupy us. Lets move forward.
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#392 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:51 am

http://i.imgur.com/qeZ0i.jpg

george carlin enough said

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#393 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:08 am

Abe, you are right, there are to many differing opinion's on everything. And as I have stated in the beginning of my participation in this thread; "I have seen Miracles." Some from the invocation of a "Higher Power", some from Love, And some from "Earlier Tech" that is unimaginable...

A large portion of "The Higher Power Miracles" that I have seen can be documented. The thing is they were all non-denominational. There was no specific God invoked. Just "Higher Power"......
So yes I believe in God... But as only A "Higher Power," that answers Prayer from those who trust IT to Guide them on the path best for them, and to do no harm.. I have more than 20 years experience with this and have seen to many miracles to even remember. There was No Flaming Sword from the Heavens, Or voices, (I have heard it said that God speaks to us in different ways hoping that we'll tell each other). But I have seen a lot of the other things I mentioned also. With just as many compelling arguments for them also.

But as I see it, it doesn't matter what we believe! There is NO WAY you can convince me, that there is some 4000 Year Old God out there, that is going to send me to the worst place imaginable if I don't Acknowledge him specifically.... That if my children are not Baptized in their specific brand of water, that my Newborn is going to the "Worst Place I Can Imagine!"

I believe that we should behave, To follow the "Golden Rule", The 10 Commandments have a lot of Merit also... There is so much more I could say but the damage has been done. Since my beliefs are in opposition with others they have played the conspirisist card and anything that I could say is out of contention.

I am sorry for this as I enjoyed this discussion immensely.
Last edited by Russtronic™ on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#394 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Russtronic wrote:I am sorry for this as I enjoyed this discussion immensely.

Wha? I didn't mean to offend. I was just having a discussion. No hard feelings, k?

The Thinking Atheist (of youtube fame) was a Christian for 34 years (if i remember correctly), even did Christian radio hosting for a number of them. It took him 34 years of miracles and answered prayers before he realized it was all bullshit. So it isn't too late... for anyone.

Finally, I have something very important to this discussion. I have been noticing a reoccurring theme from believers of weird things that science is not trustworthy. This video is a review of how the mainstream media portrays science as a parody of what it really is.

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

wolviex
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#395 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:19 pm

yeah Russ, stay with us here!
I personally have never experienced anything that honestly indicates to me the existence of a higher power. More specifically a "higher power" that has any kind of consciousness. I certainly believe there are things out there that exist beyond my ability to explain, but I have never attributed an intelligence to this.
If you've seen things or experience things that indicate otherwise, then I would love to hear about them. Particularily from you Russ, as I have a certain amount of belief that you are an intelligent individual and can probably provide a cogent argument. Sadly many of the people who believe in god that I have had the opportunity to speak with are unable to articulate the reasons for their belief, resorting to circular logic and other logical fallacies.

So I ask, would you be willing to share some of the miracles of which you speak?
-WolvieX
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum ingens et proiciam.
(I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head)

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#396 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:16 am

Abe I tell people that every day and usually they look at me with Pity. Sometimes even with the threat of violence just under the skin. But I have been able to help people that really know me. To most I am Doc or the Professor. I have been known as that since I was 18 or so. And my only cred is a GED. But to my Ex's I am that Know-it-all SOB! LOL I will start writing some of my experiences up. They are somewhat Counter Balancing. The higher power one is long and incredible. The Alien/Methuselah/??? Is awesome also. But the typing involved is pretty daunting to me. with the meds that I am on I may make my own you tube testimonials. Let me think about it.. (think)

Topic Author
Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#397 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:35 pm

yeah i vote youtube or short written summary. I'm not a fan of too much reading.

wolviex
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#398 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:22 pm

Exactly!
Do what is most comfortable for you, and we will support you in it =)
-WolvieX
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum ingens et proiciam.
(I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head)

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#399 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:43 am

I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#400 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:44 am

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#401 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:25 pm

STFU Starfox!!!!!

Harry Potter DOES EXIST!!!!!!
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

wolviex
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#402 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Feels like spam to me..
-WolvieX

Kanaro Min
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#403 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:11 pm

wolviex
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#404 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Well played ;o)
-WolvieX

Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#405 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:40 pm

Best thread ever. Sorely missed :(
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

Return to “Off Topic”