Judgment day to be kicked off by Zombie Apocalypse?

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Judgment day to be kicked off by Zombie Apocalypse?

Post#1 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:58 pm

So we're all scoffing at the fact that some groups of bible thumpers are once again heralding the end of the world, supposedly slated for tomorrow at 6PM. But could there be some proof to this ridiculous fairytale? The CDC (Center for Disease Control) recently released a statment on their blog of what to do in the event of...get this....a "zombie apocalypse". Seriously? Does the government know something we don't about tomorrow's supposed "last day on earth" and this is their way of warning us without creating mass hysteria?

The following was originally posted on the CDC Public Health Matters Blog on May 16th, 2011...

The CDC wrote:"If zombies did start roaming the streets, CDC would conduct an investigation much like any other disease outbreak. CDC would provide technical assistance to cities, states, or international partners dealing with a zombie infestation. This assistance might include consultation, lab testing and analysis, patient management and care, tracking of contacts, and infection control (including isolation and quarantine). It’s likely that an investigation of this scenario would seek to accomplish several goals: determine the cause of the illness, the source of the infection/virus/toxin, learn how it is transmitted and how readily it is spread, how to break the cycle of transmission and thus prevent further cases, and how patients can best be treated. Not only would scientists be working to identify the cause and cure of the zombie outbreak, but CDC and other federal agencies would send medical teams and first responders to help those in affected areas."

Is this just coincidental timing, or should we be expecting an all out zombie rampage tomorrow? One thing's for sure, if the dead start walking the earth, I'll have everything I need, a chainsaw and two barrels of sweet justice.

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Re: Judgment day to be kicked off by Zombie Apocalypse?

Post#2 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm rather sure they won't nuke NC ... we already have enough zombies in this backwoods state that the zombiepocalyopse will not be a surprise at all.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#3 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Hey, they better not nuke anybody - after years of playing Resident Evil, I'm ready for this shit. Bring it.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#4 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:36 pm

After reading through the CDC report, It is apparent that it is only there to calm the masses of morons who actually think a zombie-apocalypse could happen. This is apparent at the heading "better safe than sorry".
I'm not saying the whole idea of the CDC post of this topic is not ridiculous, no doubt it is. What I am saying is, there are so many stupid people out there that the CDC has to post this to calm them down. We live in a world of dullards. Shame.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#5 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:39 pm

I think they should focus on more realistic scenarios and stop wasting money.

JapanFreak
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:54 pm

I think it's kind of funny.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#7 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Me too...

Who would'a thought zombies would become such a big part of popular culture.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#8 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Kenny_Tha_Killa wrote:... after years of playing Resident Evil, I'm ready for this shit. Bring it.
You assume that when Zombies do arrive, they'll be as scary as goofy with a boner.

What if they come as those things that were in that movie by Will Smith ... erm ... *Thinking* .. *ouch, that hurt* Legend, or something or the other ...

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#9 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Those were vampires.

Hey Nev, did ya get my PM?

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#10 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:58 pm

Xerxys wrote:... *Thinking* .. *ouch, that hurt* ...

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#11 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:09 pm

LOL :lol:

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#12 » Sat May 21, 2011 5:23 am

Yep, I did.

I'm all drama-ed out.

I'm tired.

I'm ignoring it...
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#13 » Sat May 21, 2011 6:22 am

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#14 » Sat May 21, 2011 10:38 am

I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#15 » Sat May 21, 2011 11:20 am

So, here it's past 6PM. Has anyone seen or turned into a zombie yet?
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

Return to “Off Topic”