My adventures across the country.

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: Hey Ice community, ill be leaving for awhile

Post#31 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Starfox wrote:Any tips for Hitch hikers?

do you have a towel with you? :p

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels. wrote:
A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have. Partly it has great practical value — you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble‐sanded beaches of Santraginus Ⅴ, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand‐to‐hand‐combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindbogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you — daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: nonhitchhiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitchhiker might have accidentally "lost.". What the strag will think is that any man that can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, ruff it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: My adventures across the country.

Post#32 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:21 pm

OF course I have a towel. Lol i watched that movie before i left. Figured it was a good one.

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Re: Hey Ice community, ill be leaving for awhile

Post#33 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:37 pm

fatgirlstryhard wrote:do you have a towel with you? :p

This message is Towelie approved. (y)

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#34 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Where are you? I am 200 mi NE of where you were staying last nite.

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#35 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:08 pm

Um i know i will end up by the Nebraska border. At least thats what he says. So maybe its more then 200 miles, Idk im just Going for a ride, Friend is coming from Nebraska so he dont mind going out of his way a little. But he has asked me to get as close to the Missouri Nebraska border. I will fill you in when I get to where ever i am before i leave this wonderful free internet.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#36 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:18 pm

just to let you other folks know, I have been PM'ing Starfox a bit....

we all hope for his good welfare....

make sure your "Spidey sense" stay's highly tuned

Rasa
Insomniac

Post#37 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:25 pm

God speed Star! You will surely be missed and I wish you all the best! You could maybe write a short book once you are done ;) BTW, this surely is an interesting thread that has tickled my fancy after a long time!

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#38 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:44 pm

I am a little ways north of Hays so you will have to go by my house! LOL
PM me. If you want.

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#39 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:56 pm

At mcdonald finishing up a quick meal then got to hurry out to my camp spot i have set up in the woods. I am near Seneca Kansas I believe. Any way all is well, just really came here to charge my batter on my laptop, loaded up on videos before i left, so i try and watch an episode or 2 still before i pass out. Babylon 5 is awesome. Anyway im alive and well meeting up with my friend in 3 days from now. so only 4 nights just me and my dog, then road trip for 2 weeks, then gonna continue on my walkabout.

any way love peace and chicken grease.

Start out.

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#40 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks for the update Star!
-z

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#41 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:29 am

Keep Those Updates coming Brother Icefilmer....

it assures us all that you are still getting along well...

(and that you have not been ass raped by a Sasquatch...)

[SHUT UP!!! inner thoughts]

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#42 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:47 am

We ate all the Sasquatch around here years ago. It's the Illegals kidnapping him to marry one of them to be legal that he has to worry about! Shouldn't have thought that Dammit!

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#43 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:07 am

Looks like you made good time so far. Enjoy your camp and keep us updated.
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#44 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:09 am

Glad to hear from you - keep posting!
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#45 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Still have phone internet, was supposed to be shut off, I wonder how my bill got paid, maybe I got lucky and some how verizon didn't figure it out. anyway I will enjoy it for now. Got my prepay just in case. Chillen in my tent with Baxter about to pass out figured I would play for a second. But as I hate typing on this thing I will be keeping post to a min.

All is well and I will give a better update tom. Didnt find free wifi today other then phone so no laptop today. But I'm alive.

Return to “Off Topic”