My adventures across the country.

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

My adventures across the country.

Post#1 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:27 am

Well I moved out to Colorado, to Start a new, It took me about 4 months to find a job. Which took a heavy heavy hit on my bank account. So I start this job, and a week into it I got bronchitis. So I got one pay check, and then was out for about a week. So I go back to work, and this weeks paycheck bounces, and it turns out that Hes cutting me to one day a week.

So basicly I have a decision to make this month, roof or food. I wouldnt worry about this if any other place has gotten back to me, but they haven't so I am not going to chance a place to live for going with out food. Any way my sollution is to go for a walk, I really long walk. To Louisiana, I have a friend who has a farm there, who has a position opening for next season, and hes got an rv I could crash in. I would us a bus, but well I recently got a dog so i got to hoof it,

Long story short, Im broke, going on a walk about so I will be gone for awhile.

So I am packing up my camping gear, and going on a trek. Plus side to this is that I should lose some-most of the weight i need to lose. Still little down today Ice.
Last edited by Starfox on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: Hey Icecommunity, ill be leaving for awhile

Post#2 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:53 am

That sucks star! Isn't that over 1000 miles? Sounds like a really long walk. Anyhow, good luck on your trip and always remember to do a barrel roll to avoid oncoming traffic. I wish you and your dog all the best in Louisiana
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: Hey Ice community, ill be leaving for awhile

Post#3 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:55 am

Hope things pan out for you. Take a camera and post us pictures of your trek once in a while. Too bad I'm (Hershey PA) off your projected path, or I would give you a hand up. Good luck!
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Good Luck and keep in touch when you can Star.
-z

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#5 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Yeah man! That's 1100 miles! Good luck with that. Pretty balsy if you ask me!

Make sure you hit up McDonalds for free wifi whenever you can so you can update us on you're whereabouts!
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#6 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:43 pm

good luck on your "hike".

stay safe.

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#7 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Yeah Mcdonalds WIFI is how i plan on staying in touch. Yeah its a long ass treck thats for sure, My one buddy is takeing me as far as 10 hours drving will get me. and my buddy in Lusiana says hell come out and get me before I get inot the state, so It wont really be 1100.

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#8 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:57 pm

Keep your head up, man. Try to look at it as an adventure. I know, corny, but sometimes that's what you have to do to make it through life. Hopefully things will look up for you soon. (y)

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#9 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:03 pm

What exactly is your plan? You'll walk with your dog the entire way? Is your dog that energetic?
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#10 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm Some what excited, I'm just worried about like small town cops, Maybee its because i just watched rambo recently.

I'm a little worried about supplies, but i figure ill come through enough towns to get what I need.

My plan, is yeah to walk alot, My dog is still a puppy(7 months), but ive been walking him 5 miles a day for about a month now, and he still plays all night. And he has done large back packing trips.(100 miles in 5 days, and that was in the mountains much harder then streets and flat land.)
As i said i would take a bus but I have a dog, I sold my car just to survive out here, So it may take awhile, but what other option is there really. I cant take out more credit then i have already, Its already a little messed up from my failed pizzeria that i open in jersey. So loans aren't going to happen. So camping my way cross country is all i got.

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#11 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:15 pm

what's with the: you can't take dogs on the bus with you?

for real? what's wrong with your country?^^

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Post#12 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Good luck man, thats a hell of a trek. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes. Hope things start to look up for you.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#13 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Really Star Good Luck! Get across Kansas before you start Walking as the small towns are just like in Rambo. Of course if you have no warrants they will most of the time drive you from 1 end of the county to the other. ;) Keep in touch!

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#14 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Well everyone i hope i dont die. i will talk to you all some time soon i hope.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#15 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Good Luck, Buddy!

Return to “Off Topic”