My adventures across the country.

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: Hey Ice community, ill be leaving for awhile

Post#16 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Yeah think i will need it. Be well ICERS

Tagski
Sex Robot

Post#17 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:36 pm

you got a 10 hour ride in a car though right? truthfully that can get you quite a ways into 1100 miles, at 70 plus on the highway. your other buddy should come get you the rest of the way :P. I used to drive from md to co. 1800 miles in just over a days drive time I think... been a long time since I did that.

best of luck.

Tagski
TNA? Never heard of him.... ;)

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#18 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Ya you have to go thru Kansas anyway and the speed limit is 80mph.

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#19 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:26 pm

When does he leave for LO?
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#20 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:44 pm

Well quick up date, My trip has gotten a little easier, thanks to some luck. Me and my friend are currently staying at his parents house on the edge of Colorado and Kansas. Now heres my really lucky part, I a friend who is currently drving cross country and should be Around this area in a couple of days. HE is going to florida so it may be out of his way a little but hes going to help me out. So i should only be sleeping out in the wild for a couple of days maybe a week. I am still going to trek at least 200 milles maybe 300 just because i kinda wanted to. but NOw there will be nice car ride breaks in between. Unfortuently, the job opening in Louisiana doesn't start till November, So I may still be roughing it for awhile. I will keep you guys informed. but it looks like my month - 2month adventure is going to be more like 2-3weeks if that

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#21 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Please please please...

keep us informed of your path as you progress towards your destination...

for security and informational purposes...

maybe one of us will be in a position to help you along the way....

I picked up 3 different groups of Hitch-hikers on my last trip out in my Tractor-trailer...

took one guy 300 miles...

took 2 other guys over 1000 miles from Arizona to Texas...

and the third I took about 30 miles intrastate in Nevada...

SO KEEP IN TOUCH REGULARLY

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#22 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:14 am

Yep! That's our Mac! Crusty old dog on the outside, sweet, soft and yummy on the inside. (sun)

Do be careful, Starfox. I hope you have some fun, but interspersed with lots and lots of boredom (nothing too interesting - you know what they say about "interesting times" [It's supposedly an old chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times"]). Take care of your little doggie, and be well. At least it's not winter yet.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

bro339
Overachiever

Post#23 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:40 am

hey..i just saw this thread!!!!

good luck on your journey foxy!!!! hope to hear from ya soon!!! be safe!!! (y)

mad.pratter
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#24 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:01 am

Stay safe and good luck on the road. Come back with some wild and crazy stories.
(Thanks for the sig, Kenny :*)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" ~ Mark Twain.

dalliance
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#25 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Best of luck Star . I hope you arrive at your destination fit and well and in one piece and hope that things get better for you .
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#26 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:19 pm

So I am currently In A Truck, actually going out of my way from my original destination, For it will bring me closer to where my friends path is. He is coming from Canada, and going to Florida, Hes just been wondering the Continent for 2 years, Stopping in random places to take in local Cultures I guess you can say. Mostly he mad some money off the stock market before it crashed, and decided this is what he was going to do while the US economy is horrible.

Any way, back to my current situation, This guy just pulled over and told me to get in, I wasn't even looking for a ride, but if some one is that nice how can I say no. Although I was a little Leary at first. But i think hes a good guy, And he has internet in his truck. So i have showed him ice, and i am getting him some movies on his Laptop for him to watch later tonight. and some shows.

I have So far on my adventure, just one day in, Am amazed at the generosity of people, Today alone, Some guy just gave me 10 bucks and said good luck, I didnt even ask for money, i was just walking. (I think the dog is a big part of it) Not to mention the support of The Ice community, My friend parrents. This guy think he can take me about 200 miles or so, which will bring me closer to my other friend, but the oppisite way of my final destination.(I'm curently heading north east) The trucker says he knows of a free camp site about as i said 200 miles form current location.

All in all my adventure may not be straight like i thought it was going to be, but I think this is almost better, i will see more of this country then I thought i ever would. My friend was asking if there is somewhere in Kansas he should check out?(russ)

Any way just a quick up date, Love you all and everyone.

(Also this guy is a huge Babylon 5 fan which isa awesome since before i left i had watched 2 and half season of it so we have some great convo going, I'm trying to get him to sign up on the forums, we shall see.

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#27 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:37 pm

Let us know who your new friend is is and we'll give him a hero's welcome!
Stay safe my friend!
-z

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#28 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Hey Starfox, this is way cool following you on your adventure. I must admit i am a bit envious. Back in the day I spent close to 2 years following my thumb around North America and Europe. Keep us posted. There are lots of good people out there. You will attract them as I feel you are one of them :)
Some people are so fond of ill luck they run halfway to meet it

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#29 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:39 pm

If He joins i Told him to tell them about me in his intro.

Any tips for Hitch hikers? I have never done this before, and don really know the ins and outs.

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#30 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:56 pm

I bet Mac (Macxtc) can give you some perspectives from a drivers point of view.
-z

Return to “Off Topic”