My adventures across the country.

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: My adventures across the country.

Post#46 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:38 am

Yeah but where are you???
(Oh well, see you tomorrow...)
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#47 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Well i have been hitchen it a bunch. I am in Kansas city now. gonna hang out here for the night. Found a room on hot wire for 34 bucks, and this is where I am going tt meet my friend. I did not think it would be so easy to get free rides.
Russ was right i did have 3 cops drive me so far about 100 miles. just through county. had one another truck take me prob 150 or so miles, im a little off on milage, I am not sure. even how far i have gone total. over 700 miles so far. I know my first trucker friend took me over 350 miles in the long run. so i really have prob only walked about 80-100 milles. i know me and my pup can average 25-30 miles a day. its amazing how easy it is not in the mountain. and at 8kplus feet. So im going to just enjoy my day in KC. maybee watch some football.

All in all ive been in 8 different rides so far. Kansas has been very nice to me, but tom i kinda get to be in luxury when my friend gets here, he has a Windabengo.

found my self a dollar store and stocked up anyway. been up since 4am got a reall early start for some reason. so im gonna nap. be back on later.

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#48 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:15 pm

Glad to hear you and your pup got a warm room to stay in and that you ran into some decent cops. Like to hear more about your experience with the police. Mostly because I've been so
depressed reading about cops beating people up lately, and even though I should have nothing
to fear, cops scare the hell out of me.
Thanks for sharing your adventure Starfox!
-z

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#49 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Well Z one cop clearly just wanted me out of his town. But since i have no warrents or prior record he couldnt do anything but move me along, and hell thats all i wanted so i was fine with the ride. The other 2 were cool. one a county officer. bought me breakfast, and then took me prob about 40 miles. WE talked, he asked how I got to this point, and he seemed very understanding. Also he was a dog lover so, it wasnt so bad. They other guy just seemd to want to help me out for a quick 40 min down the road. he was reall quite.

Z not all cops are ass holes, but there are to many that take advantage, but there is really nothing under our current laws that we can do about it. WE need to make cops breaking the laws punishment even greater then civilians who break the law. But how do you enforce it. IDK hopefully one day we figure it out.

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#50 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:57 pm

The officer that wanted you out of his town didn't know what a valuable citizen of Our Town you are. You're just a nice guy.
Thanks for the update Starfox. Barrel Roll! :) (rofl) (laugh)
-z

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#51 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:28 am

Thanks for keeping us posted Star. Great to hear the cops are doing their job. No prior's, no warrent's equals no worries.

Be safe.
Some people are so fond of ill luck they run halfway to meet it

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#52 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:56 am

following your progress with interest..

Keep postin man!

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#53 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:20 am

I pm'd him t be careful in KC. He said he was going to stay in his room until his ride got there. 3 days ago a friend of mine got mugged in KC going into the train station, to go home for his father funeral. The put him in the hosp. for his over-nite bag the Amtrak tickets and his Blackberry.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#54 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Yes, both kansas city and saint louis are dangerous cities... I have heard all manner of atrocities happening there... just use common sense and keep your head down, don't walk into any dark alleys with strangers...

Topic Author
Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#55 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Well most of the walking part is over so far. I know get to chill in a comfy Rv(small Winnebago type) Oddly enough we are on our way to St louis. Apparently just visiting shady places, but any way. Letting everyone know im not just chillen ON the side of the road anymore. Also i should have internet pretty much all the time. As long as i have power. using a sprint hot spot, Downloading is slow as fuck. maybe 200-300kbs. but its internet, and a bed that's not on the ground so Im not complaining. Ill post pics once adventure is complete.

It isn't nearly as adventurous as I thought it would be. But it will prob be more fun, and better on my pup. And a lot safer then Hitching the whole time.

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#56 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Thanks for the update, keep them coming Starfox. Less adventure-more fun is good.
-z

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#57 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:23 am

Looking forward to seeing your pic. Thanks for the update and be safe.
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

Admin010
no0b

Post#58 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:05 am

thanks for that.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#59 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Your welcome

Return to “Off Topic”