convert mkv so it plays on ps3

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

hollygas
no0b

Re: convert mkv so it plays on ps3

Post#16 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:42 pm

AppGeeker Video Converte would do that job.

Click to check the source: how to convert .mkv to ps3 .avi format

It works fine for me. (sometimes not, but it does in general)

BlaineBuz
no0b

Post#17 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:35 am

The reason I was looking for this forum posting was because the majority of mkv and mp4 files I've been getting from icefilms and trying to stream are either don't show up in the media server, or do not play (system error). Many of these play fine on WMP or Divx player, but some do need to be played on VLC; haven't gotten my head around that yet, either. I'm going to try the suggestions above to see if that allows for streaming. Tried converting mp4>avi for Game of Thrones S3E2 via a different converter yesterday, but while the ps3 media server did recognize the avi file, it could not play it.

DaveyHu wrote:The ps3 will play and does support mkv files, (not via usb though) you just have to stream them to it straight from your pc through your home network to the ps3 using (windows media player server) or (ps3 media server), its easy and its what i do all the time and don't have any issues. I can stream 1080p mkv's no probs, saves doing all the hours of that conversion crap stuff!!! (It gets old real fast!!!) ;-)

Converting reduces quality streaming does not!

aurora
no0b

Post#18 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:36 am

The tool I find in this post would help. It is available to convert mkv to ps3, maybe you can try it.
http://www.apowersoft.com/convert-mkv-to-ps3.html

jonnerkass
no0b

Post#19 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:31 am

ps3 support AVI or MP4 the best, so what you need is good mkv to aiv/mp4 video converter. and what is the OS of your PC, there are some freaware supports to convert mkv to mp4/avi format. such as Handbrake for Mac, Freemake for windows. All completely freeware and works well.

chris198810
no0b

Post#20 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:00 am

I downloaded and installed Brorsoft Video Converter. It's worked just fine. I converted a mkv file to the PSP/PS3 option, scroll down to the bottom where it lists the PS3 option. You'll notice in the format like "PS3 Video(1080p) MPEG-4 (*.mp4),...

It converted the file, and I transferred it using the Content Manager, and it played very well.

Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#21 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:51 pm

Repdaddy wrote:MP4 container will preserve more integrity, me thinks, but kuko can prolly answer that better.

I've stated before how much I detest the .mp4 format, the only good ones being made by the YIFI uploaders.
The rest look like I was watching TV through plastic food wrap. Again, if I can't find .mkv files I'd prefer .avi
{like the ones bollo made in 720p, but he is M.I.A.} and on the old machine that couldn't handle .mkv I used;

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... creenshots

to make my own 720 & 1080p .avi files, the suffix would always turn out .mkv.AVI to remind you of the source file and that it was converted.

Check the upper left corner container select, it has provision to pump out Sony PS3 compatible files.

Thank You to Russtronic™ for my sig!

beckypayne
no0b

Post#22 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:34 pm

MKV is not compatible with PS3. If you want to play MKV videos on PS3, you need to convert MKV to AVI which is well supported by PS3. And how to do the conversion? You can turn to Video Converter software. Or read the article on How to Convert MKV to AVI.

namenutss
no0b

Post#23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:43 am

To insert mkv to ps3, it is better to convert mkv to ps3 more supported MPEG-1, WMV, AVI.
Here is just the step by step guide on how to do that at
http://www.avdshare.com/mkv-to-ps3-converter

Return to “Off Topic”