Ancient Aliens (History Channel Show)

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Topic Author
skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Ancient Aliens (History Channel Show)

Post#1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:21 am

I started watching this Ancient Aliens show from the History channel ... and i have to say it brought me back to my teen days .. when i first read Erich von Dänikens - Chariots of the Gods? ... where he considers the possibility of alien visitors in our past. How did the bild the great pyramids .. and for what purpose, how did those ancient civilizations know that the sun is the center of our solar system .. hundreds of years before "western scientists" realised that not the earth is the center .. but the sun ... if you could ask those ancient people i think they would say something like ... "see?! .. told you so!"

may we have been visited .. by aliens .. or maybe even by ourselves (maybe some day time travel will be possible?)... are they the missing link? .. are we the missing link ourselves? ... well .. no one can tell ... but one thing is for sure ... the possibility is there ... imo it's just pure human arrogance to think that we are alone in this unbelievably huuuuuge universe we live in.

a lot of things have been discredited by scientist .. but there are still tons of mysteries to solve ...

imo .. great show to make you think ... build your own opinion .. don't swallow everything ...

if you're interested in that topic .. i posted Erich von Dänikens - Chariots of the Gods? as a ebook here http://forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10237

i try to dig up a couple more books concerning this topic ...

interesting stuff ... doesn't mean that it's true ... well .. we don't know yet ... but it's interesting for sure.
VIS - INSIDIAE - CELERITAS

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Re: Ancient Aliens (History Channel Show)

Post#2 » Sun May 02, 2010 6:05 am

You're still a "..." addict I see :P
Personally I couldn't stomache this particular documentary, I even watched the first two parts. I just don't think that American documentaries can compare to British productions of the same genre, I hate when shows tell me what to think, feel or even do and endlessly repeat themselves as if we're all stupid.
Now I know it's a little off-topic but you should see the "Super massive black hole" documentary we have laying around somewhere, even for an American documentary it's still pretty awesome.
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

Topic Author
skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#3 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:05 am

well shal ... lol ... it's hard to get rid of old habits hahaha ... hey but you can edit them out if you like to .. hahaha ;)

back to topic: I have to agree with you. they do repeat the same things quite a lot in this series .. but i'm still well entertained .. imo it doesn't tell me what to think ... but it tells me to think (for myself)

hmm i wanna see that super massive black hole thingy .. haha lol ;) ... could you point me in the right direction to find that?? (otis if you read this i tried the search function ;) )

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#4 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:35 am

It's actually on MR, my mistake, but here you go.
Catch
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

Topic Author
skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#5 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:44 am

thanks!

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#6 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Shalmainia wrote:I hate when shows tell me what to think, feel or even do and endlessly repeat themselves as if we're all stupid.

unfortunately so many Americans ARE incredibly STUPID... as clever as my nation is.... there are still a lot of fat, lazy, self absorbed

stupid people that live here... they want to be told what to think and what to feel (hence the popularity of FOXNEWS)...

and if you don't think there aren't a lot of stupid people here.... don't forget they elected George Bush for two terms...

as far as aliens being here: Carl Sagan said "there are billion's and billion's of galaxies, and untold billions of stars with

billion's more planets that could sustain life... if we are the only planet with cognitive life....

then it's an awful big waste of space"

Topic Author
skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#7 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:33 am

macxtc wrote:don't forget they elected George Bush for two terms...

hmm... i think you're onto something here ...
macxtc wrote:as far as aliens being here: Carl Sagan said "there are billion's and billion's of galaxies, and untold billions of stars with

billion's more planets that could sustain life... if we are the only planet with cognitive life....

then it's an awful big waste of space"

that's exactly what i'm thinking .... the thinking that we are alone is just pure arrogance topped with a hint of ignorance .. ;)

even if this isn't the bestest docu of them all .. (lol did you see that grammar? haha) i'm still excited to see it continue

whoareyoumetoo
no0b

Post#8 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:39 pm

let me get this straight: you people actually think this "ancient aliens" show is credible, but then you also think the rest of us who don't believe aliens are flying around earth building pyramids etc are "stupid"? lmao. look in the mirror, boyos. anyone who takes "ancient aliens" with anything other than a big ol grain of salt mixed with some "yeah right" pills have their heads stuck so far up their ass that they're starting to believe their own genius. oh wait, nevermind. self-congratulation morons.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#9 » Sat May 22, 2010 12:12 am

whoareyoumetoo wrote: self-congratulation morons.

I would congratulate you for making that statement about us... but, I already did it....

plus I'll have you know that I have graduated to imbecile status....

Topic Author
skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#10 » Sat May 22, 2010 2:30 am

uuhmm.. if you would have watched one show ... you would have noticed that they never say "it's like that." not in the show (there are better shows .. i agree with that) .. but also in several books .. which until today aren't yet discredited...

so the POSSIBIITY remains ... i don't say i believe in it .. and i don't say i don't believe in it .... if you ever read a book like "Chariots of the Gods" or "the 12th planet" you'll notice that none of those books say: "it's like that" ... they all just ask questions like "Could it be that.... ? Is it possible that ... ?" and .. yeah .. it is possible .. which doesn't mean it was like that

i'll let you get this straight now .. noone said "i believe in that .. and if you don't believe in aliens then you are stupid" .... i personally think, that we are not alone in the Universe (it's so huge .. there will be a couple of planets with life on them ... science believes the same nowadays) ..MAYBE they came here in our past .. it IS possible (cus neither side could prove it's point so far) ... a possibility doesn't mean it's a fact .. but it may very well be one day (or not)...

millions of people believe in god for example .. his existance also .. has never been proven ... that's accepted though .. but if you discuss the possibility of aliens visiting earth .. hah.. suddenly you're considered crazy ....

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#11 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:31 pm

I still like the Stargate theory. Gods were nothing more than aliens interfering and controlling our cultures and then we got rid of them, but some foolish people still believe in them. *nods*
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Topic Author
skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#12 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:11 pm

i like that idea too .... and i don't know why some people just say ... meh .. impossible.... ridiculous .. (cus we simply don't know) ... yet it is absolutely normal to believe in some sort of god ... but when you say aliens ... they go .. are you nuts

Wineinger
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#13 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Sovereign42 wrote:I still like the Stargate theory. Gods were nothing more than aliens interfering and controlling our cultures and then we got rid of them, but some foolish people still believe in them. *nods*

Same here, thing is if we did have something of that nature governments would control it. Sorta odd how
that show could make sence logically that is if you think slightly different.

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#14 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:49 am

Wineinger wrote:
Sovereign42 wrote:I still like the Stargate theory. Gods were nothing more than aliens interfering and controlling our cultures and then we got rid of them, but some foolish people still believe in them. *nods*

Same here, thing is if we did have something of that nature governments would control it. Sorta odd how
that show could make sence logically that is if you think slightly different.

Well, they did often have very logical and semi-reasonable science behind a lot of stuff on the show. Plus, in reality, there are images of aliens, ufo's, etc dating back to prehistoric cave drawings. It does not seem unlikely to me that primitive man interpreted these beings as gods since they were far more advanced than us.

And frankly, I really can't put much stock in any bible cuz a lot of it sounds like BS.
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#15 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:57 am

whoareyoumetoo wrote:let me get this straight: you people ac...some nonsense...pid"? lmao. look in the mirror, boyos. anyone who takes "ancient aliens" with...continued gibberish...their heads stuck so far up their...It's nearly over...self-congratulation morons.

Your first post too. Congratulations, sir, you are a prat of the highest order.
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

Return to “Critics Corner”