Ancient Aliens (History Channel Show)

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Re: Ancient Aliens (History Channel Show)

Post#31 » Fri May 28, 2010 10:50 am

Here's a picture of Skel getting up in the morning:

8)
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

Topic Author
skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#32 » Fri May 28, 2010 11:08 am

i don't get it ... but i guess it's funny ... hahaha
VIS - INSIDIAE - CELERITAS

Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#33 » Fri May 28, 2010 11:23 am

I'm sure someone will tell you ;)

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#34 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:32 pm

Hong Kong Phooey! :D
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#35 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Sovereign42 wrote:Hong Kong Phooey! :D

"Number one super-guy"

"Faster than the human-eye"

[sung with the sound of Skat-Man-Cruthers voice]

Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#36 » Fri May 28, 2010 10:37 pm

macxtc wrote:

"Number one super-guy"

"Faster than the human-eye"

[sung with the sound of Skat-Man-Cruthers voice]

You can't read that without singing it. You can't sing it without smiling. You can't sing it by reading it when smiling and not now go to the main site to see if they are there...

StephenM
meh

Post#37 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:16 pm

preposterous at best! the fools they have are always contradicting them selves and are ignorant of the history and cultures of the ancient peoples they theorize about, and ignore facts and evidence that contradict their theories.

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#38 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:33 pm

the show is pretty nice, but sadly about 1/3 of the show could be cut.

some nice points to think about... minus the garbage "facts".

StephenM
meh

Post#39 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:55 pm

yeah good brain storming, fun to watch, just cray fact twisting and ignoring of facts that contradict their theories.

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#40 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:31 pm

It's impossible to travel faster than light. It used to be "theoretically" possible, not any more. It was disproven like a month ago. So, no. I do not believe aliens ever visited the earth save the comet that seeded earth's living creatures. If they did visit, it must've taken them a LONG time to get here and go back. We'd be well into the 5 digit years before they get back to their planet.

Given that the nearest "possibly" habitable planet (Gliese 581g) is like ... what, 200 trillion miles? It's very hard to say that we'd be getting there any time soon.

Now, does this mean I do NOT believe in aliens? Well, that's just dumb. Aliens most certainly exist. They may range from single celled organisms to bacteria, from invertebrates to dinosaurs, from mammals to primates ... But life most certainly exists outside of planet earth and denying that is denying mathematics.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#41 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:52 pm

the truth is out there...

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#42 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:07 pm

So what's that?

Topic Author
skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#43 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:26 am

@Xerx .. that's a bit human arrogance isn't it? .. just because "we think" faster than light travel is impossible btw .. you don't need to be able to go faster than light to make those huge distance in time ... even at lightspeed it would prolly took you a couple years .. which in my opinion isn't "profitable enough" ... let's say if Aliens really came here for something like mineral mining then they probably would have needed a fast way to get stuff back to their home... flying trough space wouldn't do the trick for me no matter how fast you go... it still would take you probably years one way ... so .. what other possibilities cuold be there ... hmm.. wormholes .. which connect point a with point b in space ... cutting the distance into a fraction ... who knows .. nothing is proven yet... i'm not saying that i'm conviced we got visited in the past .. not at all .. but the possibility is there .. well... both ways are possible .. probably we will never know... the most intriguing thing probably about the whole show for me is how the hell did those primitive ancient people move, cut, place those huge stones ... and don't get me the "pulley and lever" system .. for me as an engineer that's just beyond ... because for quite a couple of those buildings etc .. some stuff would be still impossible with modern machines nowadays in the timeframe they supposedly built stuff thousands of years ago .... with stone tools ... and no machines ;) ... remember those i dunno .. over 1000 ton weighing stone blocks? .. that ridiculously huge one .. don't remember which episode .... but ... even today there are not many cranes that can lift stuff in that area.. anyways .. a logistical masterpiece.

so i don't think it's that black and white Xerx

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#44 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:19 pm

^^Did you just accuse me of being simplistic in my explanation? You must not have read my entire post.

FTL is impossible. We don't think it, we know it. As it appears, in motion, everything (EVERYTHING) follows a set of "traffic" rules and anything at a non-zero mass cannot exceed the speed of light. Travelling at near light speed is not feasible because of the massive distances involved. The only possibility left to ponder is an Event Horizon which you have mentioned and that, as Hawking described it, requires very exotic bridging matter (like Stargate's Naquada) which is unstable in any known atmosphere.

Now, you keep on defaulting to the "How'd they do it then?" logic which is flawed. Have you never been to the USA for a good example on things done needlessly big? It is absolutely possible to lift and build tons of rock fashioning them into a pyramid with "stone tools" ...which is wrong BTW, they used modern tools. Modern tools include iron hammers, nails, spades and miscellaneous bronze items here and there. Cement is not a new creation. What is breaking your mind is the speed and accuracy involved without machinery. You should know that before Islam, mathematics was big in the middle east and so was slavery. There were lots of slaves who were treated like rice, replaceable. Is it possible to achieve what they achieved now with an unlimited work force and 4-5 architects here and there? Definitely!

Interesting tidbit, if anyone knows the phrase knowledge is power then you will appreciate how the Egyptian Pharaohs clung to oppression as a ruling tool. They never let common people practice simple architecture or wear certain colors, play strategic games like chess (mahjong) or even learn how to read. This is why the introduction of Islam wasn't such a big change to the people of the Middle Eastern world. Lack of progress for the masses was the order of the day.

Nothing about my post is/was black and white. But I am convinced aliens were most certainly not involved.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

Topic Author
skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#45 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:25 pm

yeah of course i read your post ... that wasn't what i meant ... i'm not convinced that aliens were involved.. not at all .. but i also doesn't exclude the possibility .. what i was saying you don't need ftl to cross vast spaces in "short" time for every scenario ...

maybe there are other means of travelling far beyond our comprehension of physics or technology (even far beyond what Hawkins knows) .. we can't just say something is impossible (not talking about the ftl drive but more generally about interstellar travel) because we don't know of it ... it's a bit like with religion .. i don't believe in god, but he still may exist .. i don't think so but i haven't got proof for either side yet

uhm .. yes .. stone tools were a bit too primitive it's exagurated i know that. but i also wasn't talking about the pyramids specifically (didn't mention them once in my post ;) ) .. there are structures .. with stones a lot larger than used in the pyramids ... which are also probably a lot lot older than the pyramids .. yeh .. don't think hey had the most sophisticated tools back then and one thing was also pretty intriguing .. they sometimes transported those hundred of tons weighing blocks not just from nearby but sometimes over hundreds of miles ... explain it to me how they did it with what they had according to the history books. try to convince me .. because they cut through and worked with materials far harder than the tools you just described.

i know that some old cultures .. not only the muslims were pros in maths .. i also think it's possible that they calculated stuff like that without "technology" .. what baffles me are the sheer logistics.. for me that's just not yet explained in a way that makes sense ... and i don't think you can explain that for yourself

and i'm sorry the comparison of the big buildings in the states is just ridiculous .. building a skyscraper with modern tools isn't a nearly a compareable feat as building the Piramyds .. or Machu Picchu with ancient tools .. they moved blocks weighing sometimes over 1000tons .. they would have needed something like big hydraulic jacks and more tech to move stuff like that .. or the biggest cranes we got on the planet atm ..

Return to “Critics Corner”