Favorite TV Premier this week

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Topic Author
three5andeight
Oh my Santa!

Favorite TV Premier this week

Post#1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:01 am

Hey guys! I was just wondering what was everyone's favorite tv show premier from this week. I was most excited for the Thursday ABC and NBC shows. Community was awesome, as usual. Did anyone watch that new show on NBC called Outsourced? I thought it was too racist and I don't think it'll last at all. Another one of my favorites from this week was Modern Family. Thoughts?

DesolationUSA
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Favorite TV Premier this week

Post#2 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:03 am

Mine aired last week. Venture Brothers FTW!
Those who would give up freedom for a little safety will deserve neither, and lose both. ~ Ben Franklin

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/DesolationUSA:243tqjui][img:243tqjui]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/DesolationUSA.png[/img:243tqjui][/url:243tqjui]

IFFTeam
Insomniac

Post#3 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:53 pm

I was happy to see The Ultimate Fighter. GSP is a favorite fighter for many.

Two and a Half men is always funny in my books.

Southpark airs again Oct. 6th, cant wait...cant wait... >< :lol:

carlcon
Average User

Post#4 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Bones came back with a decent episode. Same for House. The Mentalist was a little below par.

I thought 30Rock was "OK", but then again I guess it hadn't been too great at the end of last season either.

Trying to watch Fringe now, but stuck on the "Temporarily Unavailable" issue at the moment.

I think the big two coming back for me are yet to come... tonight's Supernatural, followed by Dexter over the weekend.

As for new shows, I gave "Nikita" a try. Doesn't seem like anything new to be honest. Similar to Dollhouse, which is similar to Alias, which is similar to Dark Angel, etc... Hot woman kicks ass in order to defeat rogue ex-government bad guys... the idea is totally over-used.

So I'm going with House/Bones at the moment for best season openers.

carlcon
Average User

Post#5 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Having just watched both, I can safely say neither Supernatural nor Fringe impressed too much with their opening episodes.

With Lost finished, I'm probably moving to Supernatural as my #1 show, but I'm starting to fear last season may have been the place to wrap it up.

tbutterw
code of Deez

Post#6 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Finally got around to watching some premieres from last week. That's why I love you Icefilms. So simple and easy and convenient.
I was most excited for Fringe and was only slightly disappointed. Community was hilarious as expected. I thought that new show Outsourced was hilarious as well! I hope it sticks around. The Big Bang Theory was another one I was really looking forward to and it delivered like it always does. And I'm a sucker for Survivor and The Amazing Race and they are both off to a pretty awesome start!

Now I just gotta watch Dexter and Modern Family and then wait until next week for South Park and Caprica!

skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#7 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:21 am

hmm... hard to tell... ok

i made up my mind

1. Eastbound and Down (KENNY FUCKING POWERS!!!!!!!)
2. Chuck ... love that show
3. The Ultimate Fighter (Bruce Leeroy ftw ;) )

and my gf and i also enjoy watching survivor ... drama drama drama
VIS - INSIDIAE - CELERITAS

Topic Author
three5andeight
Oh my Santa!

Post#8 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:37 am

Chuck is awesome, Skel. And don't be ashamed that you watch Survivor! My husband and I watch all kinds of girly shows together that he enjoys. haha. And please tell your lady thank you for the music, it's lovely. :)

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#9 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:00 pm

I saw that skele...

AND IT's GOING ON YOUR PERMANENT RECORD..... IT WILL FOLLOW YOU ALL OF YOUR LIFE, YOUNG MAN!!!!!

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#10 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:33 pm

three5andeight wrote:Chuck is awesome, Skel. And don't be ashamed that you watch Survivor! My husband and I watch all kinds of girly shows together that he enjoys. haha. And please tell your lady thank you for the music, it's lovely. :)

Whoa, whoa, whoa there, spinach chin. Don't associate Survivor to being "girly"... plenty of women, like myself, think its absolute trash, like any other intelligent person who likes their braincells would.

I know for certain season 1 definately was done on a soundstage for the most part, as one of my A/V teachers in high school worked on the show.

Unless said reality show involves crazy japanese nutbars getting hit in the nuts and other stupid human stunts, then its all smeg. That is all. *nods*
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Topic Author
three5andeight
Oh my Santa!

Post#11 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Spinach chin? Is that some reference I'm not getting? I wasn't calling it a girly show, I was just saying that my husband watches girly shows so why should Skel be ashamed of watching a show that isn't girly.

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#12 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:55 pm

three5andeight wrote:Spinach chin?

Army of Darkness quote. ^^
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Topic Author
three5andeight
Oh my Santa!

Post#13 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:35 am

Oh. I should have used google instead of urban dictionary when I didn't know what it was. :/

Neoxthexone
Average User

Post#14 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Has anyone been watching The Event, its slightly interesting.
Image Image

carlcon
Average User

Post#15 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Neoxthexone wrote:Has anyone been watching The Event, its slightly interesting.

Yeah I've seen the first 4 episodes. Has potential, but I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy them trying to be the "next Lost".

"13 months ago... 5 weeks ago... 9 months ago... undisclosed time... 13 months ago again... 5 years ago". They've jumped back and forth in 4 episodes about as much as Lost in 4 seasons. And that's saying something!

Return to “Critics Corner”