Good Tv Shows

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: Good Tv Shows

Post#136 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:05 pm

dollhouse got way better after joss whedon started writing episodes himself
(about episode 6 or 7 in season 1, i think)

added a nice story arc and more depth to the characters.

it's still no masterpiece like firefly (also whedon) but good entertainment.

unfortunately, the series finale feeled way too rushed due to the cancellation :/

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#137 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:08 am

cancellation?,..... I knew there was some good news in there somewhere...

Angelus22
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#138 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:41 pm

A real whedon masterpiece was buffy....then angel...nothings topped either of those yet.

MrGrieves
meh

Post#139 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Breaking Bad is hands down the best show on television at the moment. The acting on the part of the two male leads is exceptional, and as fantastic a job as Bryan Cranston does, Aaron Paul sometimes outshines him as the hapless cook/ sometimes-addict Jesse Pinkman. His execution of the highschool dropout turned small-time dealer is picture perfect... I've had friends who went in that direction of whom he's a near mirror image.

Some people have a hard time getting into this show, the only excuse I can give them being some kind of fever of the brain. The show's pilot is absolutely stellar, and though it takes an episode or two to get back up to that pace, for three seasons the show has consistently gotten darker, funnier, more suspenseful/intense, and all the while keeping you invested in the characters, even if you start hating those you were rooting for at the start. Basically the show has gotten better in near every possible way... and where season three ended, I can't see season four breaking that trend.

Boardwalk Empire is also very good, though its definitely a slow paced show... and I liked how Walking Dead was looking, though the last episode of the pilot season pissed me off with its ridiculous computer imagery of neurons flaring, which they try to imply is an extreme closeup of an actual recorded brain scan.

Not much else has seemed all that worth watching lately.

jeremi08
meh

Post#140 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:46 pm

NCIS the best.

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Post#141 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:37 pm

I have been catching up on Fringe as of late, didnt have much faith in the show when I watched the half of the first season but Im really getting into it now.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#142 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Yeah, fringe definitely got better the second season.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

jerrylewis
no0b

Post#143 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:58 am

The first post is very good.You have divided TV shows according to their genre very well.Nice.......

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#144 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:14 am

Just the first post? Are the rest of them shit?

lilkdog009
Average User

Post#145 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:47 am

I have been reliving my childhood and watching Boy Meets World again. I am loving it just as much now as I did then.

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Post#146 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:08 pm

I just finished watching the 2 seasons of Community. I originally had no interest in this show but saw a commercial for it, they lured me in with the hilarity of Chevy Chase, and the good looking gal didnt hurt either.

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#147 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:46 am

I gotta chime in here...

In no particular order (Ok except for the number 1 and number 2 spot) :D :D

1. Dexter
2. Boardwalk Empire
3. Rubicon (AMC cancelled waahh :( )
4. Stargate Universe
5. The Event
6. V
7. Silk
8. Outcasts
9. Off the Map
10. How I Met Your Mother

Hell I've got to add my Sunday toons also...Ooofff...Can't forget Fringe either...

Family Guy...The Cleveland Show...American Dad and Bob's Burgers...there's way too many to list here...I'll probably add more later...

lilkdog009
Average User

Post#148 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:13 pm

I am ready for weeds to start its final season next week. I loved the first 3 seasons but I sure hope that they don't mess this season up because last season was bad. It needs to rediscover its roots and get back to a show that was based around a pot dealing soccer mom.

underoath1059
Nipple Pincher

Post#149 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Some of my favorites:

The Sopranos
Dexter
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Spartacus : Blood and Sand
The Walking Dead
Weeds

My top 7 in that order.

TonyStarks
meh

Post#150 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Season 4 of Breaking Bad started tonight .. can't wait to see it (ie. someone please upload it already !! :mrgreen:)

Return to “Critics Corner”