Is Dexter getting boring?

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Topic Author
carlcon
Average User

Is Dexter getting boring?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:26 am

I've just been watching the latest episode of Dexter and had to stop it half way through to find something else to distract me because I wasn't interested in what was going on. I've never had to do that before with Dexter.

I have it saved so I will eventually watch it, but only so my time and broadband usage wont go to waste.

There's simply nothing of interest happening as far as I'm concerned. One single kill is being dragged out over a couple of episodes... this was never the case before (unless it was a main bad guy being killed at the end of the season), along with the personal lives of the unimportant side-characters taking a much more prominent role in the storyline.

I don't give a crap about that "irish" cop dude, Quinn, and his "doubts" over Dexter... he's a shit character. He is NO REPLACEMENT for Doakes, who was awesome.

Maria and Angel are just becoming a "typical" on-screen complicated marriage couple with nothing useful to add to the show.

And Debra... well she's always been a ridiculous character... an amazing cop one day with the ability to solve any crime, yet is CONSTANTLY being used and fooled by people who trick her with ease. And now she's just being whiny.

I was delighted to see Rita killed off (so annoying), and then just as happy as Dexter allowed the kids to stay with their grandparents, and therefore out of the story for now... but they haven't capitalised on this, IMO.

I hate to say it... but if Dexter doesn't pick up in the next few episodes... I'm out.

Hairy Ass
Average User

Re: Is Dexter getting boring?

Post#2 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Yeah the first two episodes were boring but the third one was pretty good so keep watching.

tbutterw
code of Deez

Post#3 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:06 am

I'm also finding myself watching other things instead of Dexter.
I went home for Thanksgiving for a week and when I returned I had so many shows to catch up on but I have put Dexter near the bottom of my queue cause it's just not Dexter anymore.
The excitement for me in watching Dexter is the thought that he's going to get caught! But he rarely kills anyone anymore. I want a killing an episode like it used to be in seasons 1-3.
I also can't stand Quinn but I more so couldn't stand Doakes and I am SO glad that annoying bitch of a woman Rita is gone, even though her death was quite the shocker to me!
I did have a hard time with the beginning of season 3 and waited until it was over so I could watch the whole thing back to back so maybe that's what I'm gonna have to do with season 5.

tbutterw
code of Deez

Post#4 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Last nights episode was fantastic!

pkay
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:50 am

No fucking way man.
DEXTER Vs ELI STONE cannot frigging wait woa woa woo woo woo ................

thedatabug
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:07 pm

I have loved every single episode of every Dexter. I don't feel that its dropping in quality at all.
I want to be a Goth so I can hang out with girls in corsets

lawless29
meh

Post#7 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:07 pm

YEAH I SAID AFTER THE LAST SERIES WERE ELSE CAN THIS SHOW GO I HOPE AFTER THIS 1 WE GET ANOTHER SERIES AND DEXTER BOWS OUT GRACEFULLY WITH ITS REPUTATION STILL GREAT

Return to “Critics Corner”