Where do you get your "Top 10 Movies" list from?

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Topic Author
carlcon
Average User

Where do you get your "Top 10 Movies" list from?

Post#1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:39 am

I just have to ask, having seen Jonah Hex, the worst movie made in the last 10 years, jump to #1.

I was surprised to find it in the top 10 of anything that wasn't a joke last week, so to find it at #1 now is shocking.

Is there any chance that maybe the top 10 would take the actual content of the movie into account, instead of going by how many horny 12 years olds watched it because Whorey MrWhoreface (Megan Fox) is in it?

I'm usually reluctant to criticise any of the features of this site, because I really do love it... but this is just taking the piss.

PLUS... it would do a LOT of people a huge favour... those who say "hey look, this movie is #1, must be good" would be saved losing 90mins of their life they'll regret never being able to get back.

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Re: Where do you get your "Top 10 Movies" list from?

Post#2 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:44 pm

People voted, thats how...
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Topic Author
carlcon
Average User

Post#3 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:17 am

Voted where?

Show me the insane asylum where these people were asked to press random buttons and just happened to pick this movie as #1!

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#4 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:01 am

carlcon wrote:Voted where?

Show me the insane asylum where these people were asked to press random buttons and just happened to pick this movie as #1!

I'm guessing it's an IMDB top list?
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

DesolationUSA
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:27 am

it's two threads below this one at the moment if I'm not mistaken....
Those who would give up freedom for a little safety will deserve neither, and lose both. ~ Ben Franklin

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/DesolationUSA:243tqjui][img:243tqjui]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/DesolationUSA.png[/img:243tqjui][/url:243tqjui]

Topic Author
carlcon
Average User

Post#6 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:07 am

I looked at that, and I can't vote... then the results say not one vote went to Jonah Hex.

That thread also said it's done by "most downloads", which is something I'm not sure about. Most d'loads where? Here? All over the internet? In 14yr old boys bedrooms?

DesolationUSA
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:53 am

carlcon wrote:I looked at that, and I can't vote... then the results say not one vote went to Jonah Hex.

That thread also said it's done by "most downloads", which is something I'm not sure about. Most d'loads where? Here? All over the internet? In 14yr old boys bedrooms?

then your using the same forum skin I am, and in this skin polls dont function. You have to switch skins to see it all.
Those who would give up freedom for a little safety will deserve neither, and lose both. ~ Ben Franklin

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/DesolationUSA:243tqjui][img:243tqjui]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/DesolationUSA.png[/img:243tqjui][/url:243tqjui]

IFFTeam
Insomniac

Post#8 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:26 pm

carlcon wrote:I just have to ask, having seen Jonah Hex, the worst movie made in the last 10 years

Can't be that bad, it got a 4.3/10 on IMDB :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#9 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:33 am

IFFTeam wrote:
carlcon wrote:I just have to ask, having seen Jonah Hex, the worst movie made in the last 10 years

Yeah, but as Mac had so pointedly put it, once upon a time, "the voters on imdb are fuckin retarded." XD
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#10 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Sovereign42 wrote:
IFFTeam wrote:

Yeah, but as Mac had so pointedly put it, once upon a time, "the voters on imdb are fuckin retarded." XD

I agree with myself on this also...

Topic Author
carlcon
Average User

Post#11 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:20 pm

macxtc wrote:I agree with myself on this also...

I disagree with your agreement, but agree with the original agreement. Agree?

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#12 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:22 pm

yeah ....."ummm what??!!"

IFFTeam
Insomniac

Post#13 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:36 pm

We use a bag full of scrabble letters and randomly pick them in an attempt to spell movie titles. That's how we get our list.

Return to “Critics Corner”