The Walking Dead

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Topic Author
Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

The Walking Dead

Post#1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:48 pm

The first (pre-air) episode has just been released. I'm more eager for this than 'Pacific' and am a huge fan of the comic book (thanks Omen). Watch it and leave your comments here 8)
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Re: The Walking Dead

Post#2 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:26 pm

moved to critics corner.

Also im just about to start watching this, thank fuck for the pre-air, I wasn't looking forward to waiting till halloween.

Topic Author
Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#3 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:37 pm

That was superb. It really was as good as I'd hoped. I can't wait to see where they take this, with what looks likely to be a tangent story-line with Dwayne. KNB doing the make-up too guarantees top draw zombies. Slow paced and dialogue heavy just like the comic. Let's hope it gets green-lit for the long haul.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#4 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:18 pm

I'm surprised and psyked....

I do hope this goes over well...

I would love to see a Dawn of the Dead type series...

I'm gonna go watch it now!!!

I'll comment later...

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Post#5 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:51 pm

I too enjoyed it, if there are zombies and guns, I'm usually please. I have said for years that the only way my life will get interesting is if there is a zombie apocalypse and I get to start shooting shit. Hope this gets picked up for more than the 6 episodes its currently billed for.

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#6 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:12 pm

I DL'd it earlier, gonna watch tonight, probly. I hope its better than that BBC mini-series "Deadset".... that was just awful. :P
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#7 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:19 am

Fan-fuckin-tastic... and the pilot was filmed in the city I've lived and worked in for almost 20 years...

I even worked on or near by some of those Atlanta streets he's riding that horse on...

some of the actors are a little stiff... they may smooth out if the series lasts...

the gun shot close ups are over the top!!!

over all I give it a big 9.5 dead thumbs up!!!

this is gonna be a fun ride!

Tiddle
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:25 am

This show looks like its gonna be great
Cant waitttttttt... when is this supposed to be airing?

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#9 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Sovereign42 wrote:I DL'd it earlier, gonna watch tonight, probly. I hope its better than that BBC mini-series "Deadset".... that was just awful. :P

Deadset fucking rocked!
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

Topic Author
Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#10 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Shalmainia wrote:
Sovereign42 wrote:I DL'd it earlier, gonna watch tonight, probly. I hope its better than that BBC mini-series "Deadset".... that was just awful. :P

Deadset fucking rocked!

Well said, Shal.

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#11 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Shalmainia wrote:

Deadset fucking rocked!

Well, I was never a fan of BBC productions. I've watched many and found them dry and disappointing everytime. But, whatever floats your boat.
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#12 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Sovereign42 wrote:
Shalmainia wrote:

Deadset fucking rocked!

Well, I was never a fan of BBC productions. I've watched many and found them dry and disappointing everytime. But, whatever floats your boat.

It's because you're a member of the new world order, fascist. :P haha
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

Topic Author
Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#13 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Sov, Dead Set had nothing to do with the BBC. It was made by an independent production company (Zeppotron) and shown on Channel Four.

It was also written by Charlie Brooker, a terribly witty chap who writes for The Guardian and presents (amongst others) Screenwipe.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#14 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:06 pm

Projectgilda wrote:
Shalmainia wrote:

Deadset fucking rocked!

Well said, Shal.

I concur...

your starting to worry me Sove'....

Sovereign42 wrote:Well, I was never a fan of BBC productions. I've watched many and found them dry and disappointing everytime.

I am going to have to remember that, every time you make an opinionated post...

"That statement is going on your permanent record, and it will follow you the rest of your life"

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#15 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Projectgilda wrote:Sov, Dead Set had nothing to do with the BBC. It was made by an independent production company (Zeppotron) and shown on Channel Four.

It was also written by Charlie Brooker, a terribly witty chap who writes for The Guardian and presents (amongst others) Screenwipe.

Well, here it got advertised as a BBC production. 'Course, I would not be at all surprised that Space made a mistake on that, they make "little" errors like that all the time. Regardless, I watched the whole mini-series to give it a chance, I didn't just say "no" after the first part. But, I still didn't care for it. I'm a tough critic and if I don't like it, I don't like it. I don't expect you to agree, and thats cool. Just because I don't like something you guys do doesn't make me a bad person. Running over pedestrians in my car does, though.

I do love the Monty Python troupe, though.

Return to “Critics Corner”