The Walking Dead

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

thedatabug
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: The Walking Dead

Post#46 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Im loving this series so far. And hats off to the people that thought to make a Zombie TV series. I only wonder how they will keep a story thread running through as Zombie flicks tend to revolve around avoiding getting your brains feated on and lots of gratuitous guts. Usually they are not heavy on story. But this series will have an appeal no matter what it does. So yeh loving it hugely.
I want to be a Goth so I can hang out with girls in corsets

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#47 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:51 pm

agreed. at some point they have to build automatic zombie killing machines like in Half-life 2.

awesome technology beats primitive zombies in the end... unless the zombies can evolve...
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#48 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:45 pm

THE NEXT ONE IS UP????

Whoahhhhhh...... gotta go....

post more later...

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Post#49 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am

I enjoyed it but what has been bugging me is that big ol bag of firearms he left behind, such a waste.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#50 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:21 am

otis_driftwood wrote:I enjoyed it but what has been bugging me is that big ol bag of firearms he left behind, such a waste.

what has bothered me was... HE WAS IN A FUCKIN' TANK!!! with a big ole' gun and a 50 cal on the turret to boot....

just start the damn thing and mow the lawn...

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#51 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:11 pm

macxtc wrote:
otis_driftwood wrote:I enjoyed it but what has been bugging me is that big ol bag of firearms he left behind, such a waste.

what has bothered me was... HE WAS IN A FUCKIN' TANK!!! with a big ole' gun and a 50 cal on the turret to boot....

Thats assuming that:

A. He knows how to work a tank.
and
B. That the tank has power/fuel.
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Topic Author
Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#52 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:03 am

Much of this 2nd episode is new i.e not in the comic which shows it doesn't need to copy it page to page to be effective. The bit where they masked themselves as zombies reminded me of Shaun of the Dead. Michael Rooker must be coming back into it, the hacksaw was dropped, and this character too isn't in the novel so it looks like they're going new places there too. As long as the general storyline is true to the comic I'm a very happy boy.
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

Topic Author
Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#53 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 pm

Bloody Discusting.com wrote:The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that AMC has ordered a full 13-episode second season of The Walking Dead that will air next October, keeping to their routine of one season per year (the wait is absolute torture). In addition, they add that Frank Darabont is likely to return to the director's chair. He got behind the camera for the hour and a half pilot presentation that aired back on Halloween. It's good stuff, really good stuff. The series is a live-action adaptation of Robert Kirkman's Image comic that is set among a group of zombie survivors of an apocalypse who are led by a police officer, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), in search of a safe place to live.

Great stuff Its got the green light for another season. But as usual a long bloody wait. I hate American cable shows time scales.
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#54 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:27 pm

DEATH TO AMERICA!!!

wait... no

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Post#55 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:10 pm

macxtc wrote:

I wondered that too, but just assumed he didnt know how to operate the main gun and when he opens the top hatch of the tank you will notice that Ma Deuce is empty, no belt in the receiver and no box of .50s to be seen.

Im enjoying this show so far, just kinda want them to let loose and start shooting some shit.

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#56 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Yup, certainly one of the coolest new, original shows this season. Sure beats crap like Nikita which has had so many incarnations, its old already.
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#57 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:09 am

macxtc wrote:

Well, I was disappointed he didn't at least try - I mean how hard could it be to just start it up and drive away? But that's tv for you. If it were real life... we'd all be in hell. :)
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#58 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:28 am

Is that dudes partner turning into a villain? I bet they fight later.

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#59 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:08 am

I watched a few episodes, from what I can see it's the Stargate Universe of the Zombie genre, but we'll see. Will keep on watching until I can make a decision lol.
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#60 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:39 pm

It's still funny seeing all those Atlanta landmarks in the series...

their little camp looks to be on the north side of the city by looking at where the buildings are placed...

after living in San Francisco, they constantly made movies while I was there...

they would ride through with a camera and move land marks to areas that would be impossible for them to be where they are driving...

ie... they would drive by the Golden Gate Bridge then pass by Lumbard Street (the crooked flower street) then pass by Pier 39.... (impossible)

I am looking to see if they do the same thing with the Atlanta City scape....

I'm still watching with interest!

Return to “Critics Corner”