The Walking Dead

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

PuddingCup
meh

Re: The Walking Dead

Post#61 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:10 am

I think show's a bit cheesy but still amazingly awesome nonethless so far!

AMC really has stepped up thier tv series

Psy
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#62 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:23 am

Projectgilda wrote:
Sovereign42 wrote:I'd just high-tail it to my friend Jesse's place. He's got an arsenol of modern and medieval weaponry in his basement. He's not what you'd call the "social" type. XD

You see, we just don't have those kinda guys available to us in England :'(

Hehe, i still got my gun licence, wonders of living on a farm, one of the few Brits with enough weapons and ammo to stave off an attack, alas im at uni at the moment. So id have to high tail it out of Lincoln
Limey Bastard 2.0

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#63 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:57 am

now let's see if they blow the show after entering the CDC...

it does not look like that building... (I drive past it all the time)

why would that stupid latino family to goto (of all places) Alabama...

(They say the trees all lean to the west here in Georgia....CAUSE, ALABAMA SUCKS!)

Let's see what happens now (please writers, don't fuck it up)...

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#64 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:25 am

I'm already getting tired of this show.
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

tbutterw
code of Deez

Post#65 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:38 pm

This show scares the crap outta me! I love it!

Otto
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#66 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Only six episodes for the season! Ain't that a bitch.
Last edited by Otto on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic Author
Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#67 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:37 pm

...and then waiting 'till Halloween next year for the next series! That's the real killer.
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#68 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:07 am

Otto wrote:Only six episodes for the season! Ain't that a bitch.
Projectgilda wrote:...and then waiting 'till Halloween next year for the next series! That's the real killer.

your shitting me??!!!, you mean we gotta wait a whole year before we get anymore???

that sucks Royale!

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#69 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:47 am

hibbs wrote:Deadline has reported that the writers of AMC's hit series "The Walking Dead" have been fired by, no other than Frank Darabont the Director/Executive Producer of the series.

Deadline has said: "Frank Darabont has let go of the writers on the hot freshman AMC series, which has already renewed for a second season. That includes Darabont's No. 2, writing executive producer Charles Eglee. Writer turnover on series between seasons is commonplace but wholesale overhauls are unusual"
"Darabont is looking to forgo having a writing staff for the second season of Walking Dead altogether and assign scripts to freelancers. The freelance model is employed by the Starz/BBC series Tourchwood, which in turn borrowed it from the U.K. where the show originated. Having BBC as producer has allowed Torchwood to proceed with no writing staff but I hear such a plan on an U.S.-based network series such as Walking Dead may face issues with the Writers Guild.
The first season of "The Walking Dead" ends on December 5th, with only 6 episodes. The second season is set to have 13.

I am so happy those terrible writers got sacked!
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Topic Author
Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#70 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Great post on the main page allowing online viewing of the comics :)

Abe wrote:I am so happy those terrible writers got sacked!

I don't think the writing was bad at all. But as long as Darabont is involved in the process I'm happy for someone else to have it.

My only issue with the show so far is that apart from the pilot pretty little else is from the comic. They should be somewhere else by now and it 'aint where their at now! Budgetry reasons s'all I can think of.
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

thedatabug
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#71 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:51 pm

Well I love it but huge bummer that its already over. Bah I'm gonna have to dress up as a Zombie and run around the house scaring the wife for my fix now.
I want to be a Goth so I can hang out with girls in corsets

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#72 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:12 pm

thedatabug wrote:Well I love it but huge bummer that its already over. Bah I'm gonna have to dress up as a Zombie and run around the house scaring the wife for my fix now.

Pics or it didn't happen. :P
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#73 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:52 pm

That guy is going to completely ruin this show if he's following Torchwood's example. I really wanted to love that show, but the writing got so bad it was just disappointment after disappointment for me.

I liked the writing on the walking dead. Six episodes is really only just enough to start getting your groove on. I think, barring interference from that idiot producer, it would have only gotten better. There wasn't a hint yet of the "weekly formula" episode.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Movi3Guru
Average User

Post#74 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 pm

The Two Best New Shows Of The Year

1) The Walking Dead
2) The Event

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#75 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 pm

thedatabug wrote:Well I love it but huge bummer that its already over. Bah I'm gonna have to dress up as a Zombie and run around the house scaring the wife for my fix now.

careful you don't get a pick-axe to the head as a surprise Christmas Gift....

Nevermore669 wrote:I liked the writing on the walking dead. Six episodes is really only just enough to start getting your groove on. I think, barring interference from that idiot producer, it would have only gotten better. There wasn't a hint yet of the "weekly formula" episode.

AGREED...

Return to “Critics Corner”