The Walking Dead

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: The Walking Dead

Post#76 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:43 am

Mac wrote:
now let's see if they blow the show after entering the CDC...

Hah! Mac, you're a prophet!
:D
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#77 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:31 am

I liked the CDC episode. Hopefully we'll now get a little more on track with the books...

...now they've left.
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

thedatabug
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#78 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:09 am

What is the CDC in real life?
I want to be a Goth so I can hang out with girls in corsets

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Post#79 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:55 pm

thedatabug
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#80 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Aww you make me read noooo :)).
I want to be a Goth so I can hang out with girls in corsets

Topic Author
Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#81 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:42 pm

So Frank Darabont has done a runner off The Walking Dead. Just a week after bigging it up at Comic-Con.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31603

Tit.
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

liam775
meh

Post#82 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:37 pm

I just noticed that big ol' sign there on the homepage. Seems a lot of people are gutted at the thought of having to wait until February for the next episode. I am not one of them. I gave up on The Walking Dead about three episodes back. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere, most of the characters are utterly disinteresting and now that pregnancy angle makes it more of a soap opera than an adrenaline-fuelled zombie-fest. It's a shame as I thought the first season was very good. Did they get new writers or something? Where did it all go wrong? It used to be one of my favourite shows but now I think of it as the new Lost. Does anyone else agree? I know it's probably not a popular opinion to hold right now but surely I can't be the only one who's noticed this steep decline in quality.

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#83 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Your loss. One of the best show on tv right now.

Steep decline in quality? Not even close.

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#84 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:22 pm

i would call it a mild "disturbance in the force", the soapy shit and all.

the midseason finale still delivered and the episode "about" daryl was pretty nice.

MistahMan
meh

Post#85 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:55 am

liam775 wrote:I just noticed that big ol' sign there on the homepage. Seems a lot of people are gutted at the thought of having to wait until February for the next episode. I am not one of them. I gave up on The Walking Dead about three episodes back. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere, most of the characters are utterly disinteresting and now that pregnancy angle makes it more of a soap opera than an adrenaline-fuelled zombie-fest. It's a shame as I thought the first season was very good. Did they get new writers or something? Where did it all go wrong? It used to be one of my favourite shows but now I think of it as the new Lost. Does anyone else agree? I know it's probably not a popular opinion to hold right now but surely I can't be the only one who's noticed this steep decline in quality.

I don't think this show was ever meant to be an adrenaline-fueled zombie fest. It's a drama with a zombie apocalypse back drop. The show is more about the people and how they react to the new world they're forced to live in. That's what the comic book was about and this is an adaptation of that source material. And as much as I love zombie action, an entire series of hour long episodes featuring people trying to out run zombies would get lame pretty fast if it wasnt interspersed with dramatic interaction ("soap opera" as you called it) between the characters. Plus the down time makes the tense dramatic parts all the more enjoyable, proof of that being the mid seasonal finale. I for one can't wait for the season to start again.

MissyStacey
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#86 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:22 am

I just started watching that show, seen a few episodes of it and I'm loving the zombie gore. ;)
Silence

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#87 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:45 am

They definitely don't hold anything back. (laugh)

MissyStacey
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#88 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Nope, they certainly don't mind the blood and guts thing do they? Guess that's why I'm liking it.
Silence

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#89 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Return to “Critics Corner”