main site annoyances

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Topic Author
lokain
no0b

main site annoyances

Post#1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:46 pm

sorry if this is the wrong board, this isn't a technical issue and the request pages seem to be for TV shows and Movies.

maybe I'm doing it wrong... but i have found the way to brows movies and TV shows to be absolutely useless. Why cant i look for movies that recently released that are actually movies that Ive heard of... when i click on the movies tab and then the release tab, i only get 150 of the most recently released movies, over 90% of which i, nor anyone i know has heard of or would watch. Im not saying these movies shouldn't be on here, but there needs to be multiple levels of filters...not just 1...and it should support as many pages as needed. I should be able to look up movies that released in the past year that were in theaters or were independent...etc. I shouldn't have to wade through stuff I'd never want to just to find out its not part of the most recent 250.

The above applies, at least on a basic level, with TV shows. If i look up TV shows by when they were released or added... i only get when the first episode was released/added. Maybe i want to see what TV show episodes (individually) were added over a time i specify.

All in all i really just want a better way to find what im looking for...weather i know what it specifically is or not.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Re: main site annoyances

Post#2 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:24 am

"Waaa, waaa, waaa"

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#3 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:24 am

That kind of a database would be a nightmare to set-up and maintain. Who's going to do it? Everyone here is a volunteer...

Just use the search function.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#4 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:27 am

Control and F on the keyboard can do wonders if you have something in particular you're looking for and you're on the A-Z
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#5 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:05 pm

I usually just filter by genre and pick out stuff I'd like to watch. Though, I would love an Anime category added to filter specifically to those. :P
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#6 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:48 am

i usually just yell ... threaten .... and point a gun at my screen till it automatically takes me to the movie i wanna watch.
VIS - INSIDIAE - CELERITAS

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#7 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:28 am

I want a classic movies section!

WAA! WAAA! WAAAAA!
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#8 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:38 am

I have to say, I simply LOVE mac's second post follow up. It's just so, succinct. Crude, but classy, at the same time. Awesome work dude.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#9 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:08 pm

let's all praise the mac!!!!!!

ok ok .. enough :P
VIS - INSIDIAE - CELERITAS

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#10 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Shhhh, you'll give him a big head... which head, who could say? XD
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#11 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:49 am

Xerxys wrote:I really LOVED Lindsey!

HAHAHAAA

Return to “Critics Corner”