Caprica finale

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Topic Author
tbutterw
code of Deez

Caprica finale

Post#1 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:32 pm

It was alright. Tied things up kinda neatly. Too bad this show was canceled cause I was quite enjoying it.
I've never seen Battlestar Galactica and had no idea what this show was when I watched the first episode but I was instantly hooked. It did start to get cheesy and the Zoe character really started to bug me but I still found entertainment in what was going on.
I think the show going on that 6 or 7 month hiatus had a lot to do with its downfall. Why do shows do that and expect to survive? I can barely remember what happened on a tv show last week let alone more than half a year ago. If it wasn't for Icefilms and my ability to go back and re-watch it I probably would have given up on the show.

What did YOU think of this attempted series?

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Re: Caprica finale

Post#2 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Its a spin-off of Battlestar Galaxative, couldn't have been that great. Glad its canned.
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#3 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:43 pm

I thought it was okay...
It's definitely hard to live up to something as great as bsg was...
I was kind of bored at times with what I saw as the interminable set-up. When things started "happening" it was already on it's final episodes.
Given another season it might have become REALLY good. Babylon 5 was one of, if not the, best scifi show so far and it's first season wasn't that great compared to the rest (minus the fifth season, of course).
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#4 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:25 pm

I dunno, Nevermore, Stargate was a lot more entertaining than B5 and is currently the longest running north american sci-fi series.
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Return to “Critics Corner”