The Sing Off

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Topic Author
three5andeight
Oh my Santa!

The Sing Off

Post#1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:11 am

Any of you guys watching this? LOVE! Nicole Scherzinger or whatever her name is is weird. But I love anything Ben Folds does. And being in an A Capella/performance group from middle school through high school, I'm a fan of this! I didn't really like the older Black dudes, they're great, but they don't belong in this competition. Especially if all they're going to do is sing Motown tunes. If they can demonstrate a range, then I think they could compete. I hope they don't keep sliding through because they have that main guy. I loved that group from Yale, the Wiffenpoofs, although I kept thinking they were saying Wiffenpoop. I loved their performance. Anyway, I'm excited to see how this goes. We intended to watch this last season, but due to a newborn baby that never slept or ate well, we kind of forgot about it. :D Y'all should add it to the main site if you get around to it. :)

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: The Sing Off

Post#2 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:47 am

I've not seen it. I've seen the promos! Does that count!?

I used to do the mixed-choir thing in school (I don't like to think about how long ago that really was..).

I don't know, I'm so reality'd-out (that's a word, right?), I just don't want to think about it - even though I know I'd probably enjoy it if I did make the effort to see it.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Critics Corner”