TRON

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Topic Author
eXe
Average User

TRON

Post#1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:17 am

There's an old thread about Tron that's about a year old, and I didn't feel like resurrecting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9szn1QQfas

Anyway, what's your expectations for Tron? Will it flop? I think that it will be one of the big ones this year.

I'm going to watch it mostly because it's such a unique story and also because of Daft Punk, this will be a 2 hour music video in my opinion. (also Olivia Wilde in a tight leather suit :D )

I think it's going to do great in the opening weekend and the feel that I'm getting from this movie is pretty amazing and I think I'll enjoy it a lot.

dalliance
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: TRON

Post#2 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:11 am

I am looking forward to it myself, mainly as it brings back alot of childhood memories from the original first film, yes it was cheesey but the effects for the time just blew me away!
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

dalliance
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:11 am

On a similar note, I have just read they are re-making "The Black Hole"...nooooooooooo the original was awful !!
Last edited by dalliance on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Post#4 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:28 am

I enjoyed the first tron, and I will admit I was skeptical but after watching the trailers and promos for it, Im in, might go see it tomorrow, Jeff Bridges generally gets me out to see a film, and add in Olivia Wilde in a tight suit, yeah its gonna be good.

Topic Author
eXe
Average User

Post#5 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:18 pm

the reviews I've seen has been that it's one of the best films of this year, and some say it's this years Avatar (I guess they mean that it's visually stunning)

I'm going to see it in 3D tomorrow, has anyone else seen it? If so how did the music and the visual effects work with the writing etc?

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#6 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:19 pm

oh shit...

"[Tron] was filmed using a newer generation of the Fusion Camera System developed by James Cameron for Avatar — meaning the 3D elements were done during the filming and not in post-production like Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland, Clash of the Titans, and several others."

...this movie sounds very 3D worthy. I think a trip to the theater for some 3D is necessary on this one!
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

dalliance
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:59 pm

A video I thought people who are interested in the film might like to watch..

The cast of Tron: Legacy get back in the game Paul MacInnes interviews the director and cast of Tron: Legacy, including Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner who also starred in the 1982 original......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/video/20 ... -interview

Topic Author
eXe
Average User

Post#8 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:36 pm

I just got back from watching it in 3D

excuse my language but HOLY SHIT

The music was of course amazing, and fitted the universe of TRON perfectly. The CGI Jeff Bridges was so life like I actually thought he was real several times and I can't stop thinking about Olivia Wilde's eyes :eek:

It lacked a bit of story but everything else this movie has makes up for it several times over

I really recommend that you see this in theatres

My reaction throughout the movie.

Derezzed
no0b

Post#9 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:22 am

eXe wrote:I just got back from watching it in 3D

The music was of course amazing, and fitted the universe of TRON perfectly. The CGI Jeff Bridges was so life like I actually thought he was real several times and I can't stop thinking about Olivia Wilde's eyes :eek:

It lacked a bit of story but everything else this movie has makes up for it several times over

Honestly for me the only reason I went in the first place was because Daft Punk was doing the soundtrack. Even after watching the movie I was glad that it was my only reason. The soundtrack was incredible especially since my friends and I saw the enhanced audio/video version.

-As you can tell Derezzed was my favorite track-

Topic Author
eXe
Average User

Post#10 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:23 am

Derezzed wrote:
eXe wrote:I just got back from watching it in 3D

Honestly for me the only reason I went in the first place was because Daft Punk was doing the soundtrack. Even after watching the movie I was glad that it was my only reason. The soundtrack was incredible especially since my friends and I saw the enhanced audio/video version.

-As you can tell Derezzed was my favorite track-

The club fight scene with Derezzed was pretty sweet :D

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#11 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:51 am

I'll give it a miss until it rolls itself out onto my monitor. :P
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#12 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:13 pm

repost my original review from the Rate the last movie thread...

macxtc wrote:Tron 3d.... 6/10.... very disappointing... loved the Brunett chick....couldn't take my eyes off of her...
special effects were alright... too much dead time, not enough character development and not enough battle scenes, I say again, too much dead time....
cost me $25.00 US for two people... they wanted a mandatory extra $4.00 (from the studio, so they say) for the glasses with the 3d version...
f#ck you Hollywood!!!

didn't come close to the excitement of the original version... just ripped the story off in a lot of places... just pityful....

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#13 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:52 am

yeah wasn't a fan of the new tron. 3d was weak.
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Post#14 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:53 am

eXe wrote:The music was of course amazing, and fitted the universe of TRON perfectly.

haven't seen the film yet .... but

yeah .. soundtrack is freaking amazing imo .... but hey ... it's DAFT PUNK .. wooot ... seems perfect for such a movie to me ...

VIS - INSIDIAE - CELERITAS

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#15 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Return to “Critics Corner”