MTV and their depravity sending us innocent ones to hell.

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Topic Author
Xerxys
Sex Robot

MTV and their depravity sending us innocent ones to hell.

Post#1 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:07 am

Skins aired and is already facing a lot of heat from critics. I really wonder who the "critics" are. It features underage kids dpoing everything that underage kids want to do. I know what your thinking typical MTV, huh?

I have no idea what the big deal is in the first place. The lobotomy that is Jersey shore has made some oversexed tanned alcoholic young adults very rich. Just last year "The Situation" (shudders) made $10M because of his stint with dancing with the stars.

Now, this wouldn't even phase me given America's falls puritanical tendencies, but to put this into a more demonstrable perspective, GM and Tacobell (fast food chain for you non-yanks) actually pulled their ads. A statement was issued saying that they were not in support of the show or it's "values".

I pulled a muscle rolling my eyes.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

dalliance
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: MTV and their depravity sending us innocent ones to hell

Post#2 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:06 pm

What baffles me is that this series is yet another "UK " original series given the American treatment , also the UK series was written by the same guys who wrote "Shameless" so we in the UK knew what we were in for, in terms of sex ,drugs, etc as "Shameless" had already had at least one season before "Skins" aired over here. So I would have thought that the very least the advertisers who have pulled their adverts etc would have done is a little research and watched a few of the UK version episodes before buying their "slots", mind you saying that they probably did and for the sake of headlines etc they bought the slots anyway, call me a cynic but don't they say "any publicity is good publicity"
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Return to “Critics Corner”