Game of Thrones

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Topic Author
dalliance
Heart on for IceFlims

Game of Thrones

Post#1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Just caught the trailer for this , looks like it might be good if it is as one of the showrunners describes it -
"The Sopranos set in Middle Earth" ,Due to be broadcast April this year.

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Re: Game of Thrones

Post#2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:30 pm

Boy, Sean Bean is H-O-T lately.... that Englishman just doesn't stop working... where does he find the time?

Carry on Major Sharpe!

r!co
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:16 pm

I cant f'n wait!

If I burn any bridges, I'll just come back on a yacht.

mysticwarmage
Average User

Post#4 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:56 am

Im hoping they do the books justice. So far the trailers look amazing. The books are going to be hard to get right as they are perfection.

scman182
no0b

Post#5 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Screeners for the first 6 episodes just went out to critics today! Hope they show up on icefilms soon. :)

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#6 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Dalliance, whats up with your youtube links lately? I see them at work and because I can't view them there, I come home to find them gone ...
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

Topic Author
dalliance
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:38 pm

hmmm ! I dunno very strange ,as the thread and the clip were posted wayyyy back in January , just tried it myself and its not available will re-post another link .....

Hopefully this one works for you :D
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

r!co
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:37 pm

ok the 1st episode kinda got me interested the ending was like omg wtf heh gonna give it a few more episodes see if it grows a lil more on me. Shows like these take about half the season or more to build up.
If I burn any bridges, I'll just come back on a yacht.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#9 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Yeah, after I watched the first ep. I searched-out the ebooks and took a peak at the first one. This epic is definitely heavily focused on the kings and kingdoms stuff, and the relationships, less on the sword and sorcery stuff. I have to say though, the first ep. was pretty darn true to the book.

Just finished the second ep. and it was every bit as good as the first. I'm saving these for sure.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

OHMEGA
Average User

Post#10 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:47 pm

So what were the blue eyed humanoids at the beginning of ep1?

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#11 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:14 pm

So what were the blue eyed humanoids at the beginning of ep1?

Actually, in the book we saw a lot more of them than in the video, but it was still just a teaser. So, who knows?

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#12 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:08 pm

It's a pretty decent show. I like the genre, so this and Camelot will keep me happy for a while. :D

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#13 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:09 am

The jury's still out for me with camelot - I'm not hooked yet (but I keep trying).

bro339
Overachiever

Post#14 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:18 am

the ladies..*melts*

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#15 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Kenny_Tha_Killa wrote:It's a pretty decent show. I like the genre, so this and Camelot will keep me happy for a while. :D

+1.

like both. game of thrones is slightly better though... but camelot has excalibur!!!

Return to “Critics Corner”