Game of Thrones

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Re: Game of Thrones

Post#46 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:13 pm

For me, none of it matters now. We followed Ned the entire season, watching him try to do the right thing while being in the company of liars and dishonorable pukes.

They rewarded their viewers by killing off the only guy that really mattered. I couldn't give two shits what happens to the rest of them now because for me, the rest of the storylines were secondary. Ned's death was a mistake and I think the show will only go downhill from here.

r!co
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#47 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:22 pm

Kenny_Tha_Killa wrote:For me, none of it matters now. We followed Ned the entire season, watching him try to do the right thing while being in the company of liars and dishonorable pukes.

They rewarded their viewers by killing off the only guy that really mattered. I couldn't give two shits what happens to the rest of them now because for me, the rest of the storylines were secondary. Ned's death was a mistake and I think the show will only go downhill from here.

well we can just agree to disagree then ;) im deep into the 2nd book now and lovin it.
If I burn any bridges, I'll just come back on a yacht.

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#48 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Haven't read any of the books, I'm talking about the show. Not the same thing.

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#49 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:48 pm

The problem is that the show concentrated to much on Ned. And then they were backed into a corner haveing to follow the real story lines.

eastend1
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#50 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:26 am

i luv the show, can't wait till next week every week, i agree, how is it gonna stay good without ned, now we have real dragons, with the walking dead, i think next season they need a cpl real well known actors like sean bean, we're all want to follow, never read the book i,m liking the suprise's.

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#51 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:50 pm

I think this guy's doing a perfectly acceptable job. They don't need anybody else to draw us in.

eastend1
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#52 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:05 pm

so has the series one ended, now ned is dead an the daughter looking for revenage, knights watchmen going into the forest and the new dragon queen feeling more powerful.
Have i got to wait now till series 2 when ever its gonna be?

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#53 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:45 pm

yeah pretty much, but im pretty sure its getting picked up again. the book is selling like crazy, and this mini series got really high praise, but for all we know it could be a year or 2 till we see it again. but if your impatient try try reading( almost an oxymoron there) the books. The show is pretty spot on though. and kenny if you love your self some ned try reading the prequels.

also side not i love that hbo had the balls to do a show where the main character dies. all we ever get most the time is happy endings. nothing really shocking, so i dug the whole series. heres hoping for season 2

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#54 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:58 pm

I am scarred until the next season...

now what to do?!?!?!

well as I said in another thread... I saw them filming the next season of The Walking Dead in the Atlanta Suburbs...

I hope they flush out the story with a little more action...

and maybe/hopefully Spartacus will make a return...

and what ever happened to Breaking Bad?... is it a wrap for the whole series?

we need some quality drug infested, zombie, dragon, sex, blood, milk, sugar, magic around here...

until then.... I have to suck on Master Shake's titImage

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#55 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Starfox wrote:and kenny if you love your self some ned try reading the prequels.

It's not that I "love" Ned, it's that they pretty much geared the entire show towards his character (which got us interested), then killed him off. Bonehead move as far as I'm concerned.

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#56 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:22 pm

i could say something, but i won't. just keep watchin'

rednecks won't care :P (yeah, that's you Kenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#57 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:39 pm

fatgirlstryhard wrote:i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't. i could say something, but i won't.

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#58 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:44 am

well the book is a big focus on ned also, it just not your thing i get that. the author i think was going for that big shock. I personaly loved it, but not everyone likes the same thing, and if we all did life would prob be very boring, no war and all but boring.

thecrazing
no0b

Post#59 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:15 pm

I definitely sympathize. When I first read the first book, way back when, I definitely put it down for a while after Drogo and Ned getting killed off. And I imagine doing the TV show for the first time is even worse, because my other favorite characters, Tyrion and Arya.. while both enjoyable in the show, especially Tyrion, so much of what made them favorites as narrator characters in the book were how they thought, more than what they said or did, and that did a lot to keep my interest fueled. So not having that advantage, I can see being disheartened with the show after Ned's execution.

Having said that.. I wouldn't be surprised if 9 months from now, you find yourself giving the season 2 premiere a shot- It IS summer tv, after all, and there's not much else on. And if that happens, knowing what's coming up, I'm inclined to believe you'll pick the habit it up again.

Ned's death is supposed to hit hard, and having focused on him so much is definitely intentional (He gets a lot of chapters as a narrator character in the book). It's supposed to feel like a shock, it's supposed to feel like a vacuum. And in the grand scheme of the arc, it doesn't feel gratuitous or cheap.

1990kurder
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#60 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Reading is for kids, girls, gingers and any other person who like to read, but I rather stick to the series. I kinda agree with Kenny, it was a mistake killing Ned, but I think the other stories are exciting too.
Meh

Return to “Critics Corner”