Review: Stargate Universe

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: Review: Stargate Universe

Post#91 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:40 am

Yeah, that really bothered me in the beginning (I think I must be numb by now). As a both a former military member and crewmember on a ship with a lot of scientific personnel aboard, I found the lack of a distinct chain of command disconcerting to say the least.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#92 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:04 pm

yeah i understand where your coming from nevermore, but even though i doubt it written this way on purpose. would military rule still of lasted when you are stuck with out a way to get back to your home pretty much forever. im sure it would for a long time. but sooner or later i could see it fadeing away. but still they are pretty damn bad about it. and again i doubt its written this way on purpose.

also side note Brian J. Smith who plays LT scott played the younger hiper version of Colonel Camron or Colonel Oniell in the stargate sg1 200th episode.

anyway hope i like the show but would rather of it never been made and they gave atlantis a real ending.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#93 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:44 pm

I still haven't watched all of atlantis. I'm just past where they brought the girl from firefly, Jewel Stait? on board. I'll have to finish it one of these days.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#94 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Couldn't get past the second episode of Atlantis...
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#95 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:17 pm

i thought sga was the best out of all of the gates so far. best combo of characters. and i thought the wraith was a great enemy. not as powerfull as the ori but stronger then the gauld. plus they feed on people thats they scariest of them all

Catsin
Heart on for IceFlims

canceling SGU

Post#96 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Just read today the network is canceling SG Universe. I've been watching it this season and think it has gotten much more interesting and intense than the first season. I'm sorry to see it go... I can't say I'm a huge fan, but i was looking forward to seeing what would happen with Chloe's transition into alien-hood. In my opinion, being in space and not having more alien interaction was detrimental, and I was hoping she would end up linking the show more closely to that species. I was also thrilled that the rest of the crew was finally let in on the "secret" control room, bringing a stop to the constant "we're running out of time" plot and also giving the crew an opportunity to work together. I was getting tired of the constant on-board strife and was hoping this would drive the dynamic in a more fruitful direction.

If anyone else sees this post, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

dalliance
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#97 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Gotta say that I am not surprised to hear about the cancellation , when a show keeps appearing and dis-appearing from the schedule like SGU did ,you just know that's a BAD sign for the future .However I just hope that it does not signal the end of the whole Stargate franchise, and they (the producers) learn from the mistake of trying to emulate BSG and not doing it quite as well ! They made a huge error in judgement when they ditched and cancelled SGA in favour of trying to reproduce the feel of BSG within the Stargate franchise. The big problem for me with SGU was that I really did not care about any of the characters, whereas and I aint ashamed to admit this ,I was actually moved to tears when the character Daniel Jackson died and ascended in SG1 . The only reason I really watched SGU was in the vain hope that it would get better and re-kindle some of the old Stargate "magic".
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#98 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:00 am

dammit, now I'll never know where the storyline was going.

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

dalliance
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#99 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:49 am

Abe , according to the reports I have read " The remaining ten episodes of the series, which is currently in its second season, will air in the spring. "Stargate Universe"'s planned five-year story has been modified for the end of the series."

so at least we will find out the point of it all !!!
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#100 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:58 pm

yeah forced endind area always good. yeah the story was a little slow to start with, and i did kinda hate a lot of the characters they just didnt seem human enough. And i agree with you Dalliance hopefully this isnt the end to the GAtE universe. Maybe they can actuly finish SGA and its movie now that they wont have to pay for that and SGU. i would just like a little better ending then the forced one episode ending they did. but there are still many galaxys out there so idea shouldnt be hard to come up with. i sitll would of rathered them get another season out of sgu to see if it can work out. or at least extra episodes this season so you dont have to force it.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#101 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:56 pm

dalliance wrote:Abe , according to the reports I have read " The remaining ten episodes of the series, which is currently in its second season, will air in the spring. "Stargate Universe"'s planned five-year story has been modified for the end of the series."

so at least we will find out the point of it all !!!

sweet! best possible outcome :D

Sovereign42
Insomniac

Post#102 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:12 pm

I feel a Stargate movie reboot on the rise.
[img:27pncvq7]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3070/harleyi.png[/img:27pncvq7]
[color=#00FF00:27pncvq7][b:27pncvq7]Am I doin' it right, Mista J?[/b:27pncvq7][/color:27pncvq7]

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#103 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:59 am

Stargate Universe has been cancelled? That is fantastic news!!
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#104 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:09 am

Shalmainia wrote:Stargate Universe has been cancelled? That is fantastic news!!

hahahaaaaaa

finally that shit is put to rest!!!!

Return to “Critics Corner”